Art Haven
Alismora

Hey Art Haven, Let's Talk!

Please remember to post your feedback down below so we understand why you chose your answer!  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Are you open to the changes we are suggesting?

Congratulations! I wish you success and all the best with this journey towards the next era!

To those feeling apprehensive about this change, consider this:

• Are you going to be on IMVU for the rest of your life? I know I won't. I already deleted all but one account, which I check when I remember that I still have it. For any messages old friends may have sent or whatever. But otherwise, I just don't even know what to do there anymore? It used to be a big part of my life years back that I frankly put too much importance on. Not anymore.
  • IMVU won't stay the same. As it hasn't since its beginning. So many things have changed since they've started over a decade ago. What if displaying DP art will come obsolete one day? I mean, who knows, but it's a possibility.
  • If you're an artist who has only been doing art for IMVU formats, you can achieve so much more when you go beyond that. A whole new world awaits. More art, more skill, more challenges, more money, more fulfillment. Dream big. It's all possible.
  • Just doesn't seem like a great idea to be connected to some other entity that might even go poof one day.

I mooseself have been MIA lately as I started focusing on my other goals in life and my health. I felt like I needed a break and there was nothing that was asking for my attention here (sorry, Cain! I know I pestered you about the houses and then flunked it in the end). But these changes make me want to pop by more often again and watch them unfold.

:pcool:

I've moved away from drawing in the past years. I use my tablet exactly once a year for the Secret Santa event. This event always brings me joy. I love Christmas and I love getting moosey art, some of which I have printed and framed in my apartment, and even at work! So that's the only reason I still have that tablet. I've realized that my true passion is writing and set off to work on my blog more and write more. Maybe I'll draw more often again one day. Though it's more likely I'll do photography first over any other art form. But who knows? The future is full of possibilities. One thing's certain—my hooves shall dance on my keyboard as I write poetry and other deep stuff, and my mooseventures. Or long posts like these.

Ultimately, everything changes. As we grow and evolve, some things just no longer bring us joy. It's time to let go. Just something I've learned after discovering minimalism and decluttering my stuff. Highly recommend this to anyone!

And remember, folks... A moose a day takes the sorrows away!

anigif_sub-buzz-1519-1484844447-2.gif?do

Edited by Moose
  • Like 13

I'll be downloading the current list of Elite members tonight at midnight to see who qualifies for the Early Supporter title.  After tonight, the title will be unobtainable, thank you to those who continue to support us!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to personally say thank you to everyone in this community. You’re all amazing people and I’ve met so many wonderful friends from this site that I will cherish.

I can’t speak for the past, or for others, only myself and those who want to listen, but I am truly proud of how far GASR (oops I mean Art Haven) has grown since I alone have been here.

There’s no escaping the fact that as a business, when you get more clients and more traffic; you need to find ways to accommodate them and make them feel valued for choosing your platform to make and sell products.

On top of that, you fundamentally want to have a really supportive community to help voice opinions and address any concerns/risks that as a business owner, you could have possibly missed or overlooked. It also gives insight as to how everyone will react, prior to making new changes.

It’s amazing to see so much positivity from everyone in terms of moving forward. It really shows that this community has stabilized a connection over the years that has helped build a great market and a great place to “work”; because there are people here who view selling art as their full-time job. They consider Art Haven to be their workplace.

Those who only buy art or even just come to appreciate art here also are able to discover the many different ways that art can be anything… not just a 160x220pixel drawing. It can be a dream catcher, a bar of soap, a necklace, music, clothes etc.

So, when you’re looking at those bigger pictures and bringing in that clientele, it’s like you’ve helped make it happen. As a community, you’ve accomplished something that you can feel proud of and take with you no matter where you go in life, even in new career paths.

This is something that you can take advantage of, and something that you can use to explain how you’ve helped make a business better, how you’ve learned to become a successful team player, how you’ve achieved leadership qualities and even helped create events and designs to promote sales and the business itself. Even how to better communicate with people from diverse backgrounds. The list goes on with how much knowledge you can gain from being a part of Art Haven and utilizing that knowledge in your own work-life.

So yeah, thanks GA… Art Haven!

• Like 5

I'll be honest, I'm thrilled to see you guys continue to separate yourselves from the imvu niche. It's the #1 reason I've struggled to use this site consistently and went to selling my art elsewhere. The truth is, I've had loads more success as a professional freelancer just selling digital or traditional art in my very small town than I've had here. If I were consistent with instagram or twitter I'd likely have more success there too. Im not interested in selling drawings butchered with watermarks cropped down to 160x220 size and unfortunately that's the major market here. I don't mind there being a market for DPs but there's so much more artists can offer. Drawings of your family or pets, book covers, logo designs, landscape drawings of a place you love, prints, zines, post cards, etc. - all of these things I've done outside of gasr (ahem art haven). There's also a big issue with buyers wanting exclusive art for dirt cheap because the reality is this person is often only buying art the size of a business card to be used for a few weeks and then switched to something else. I wonder how many people here realize mass sale of prints is a thing and if they want the art exclusively they'd pay at least 10x the print cost. That's not the case for everyone of course, some artists here do get paid appropriately but that's unlikely if you're new to the forum. Anyway, I think the rebranding is a great next step and I'm excited to see people exposed to different things on this site. :pblushing:

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 4

I was mostly reading this topic before I decided to say something, so I'm kind of late to the party. Haha. 

First of all, I encourage this change. I think the intention of it is going the absolute right direction, and artists should feel more secure to post anything other than 160x220 sized art. 

And it's good that this change is happening in baby steps.

Because as many people have said, big art just doesn't sell as good as DP art. Yes there are some lucky few that can sell big art very easily, but I feel like the majority doesn't. (Yet) 

And most of my friends, speaking of the artists in my friend group, are getting frustrated over being kind of restricted to a 160x220 canvas size if they want to make any sales. They feel like they can't improve much because such a tiny canvas doesn't allow for much improvement. And most of the artists I know sell art as a means of earning money to pay bills, not just because its fun to do. So you kind of have to focus on DP's if you want to pay your bills. It's risky to spend hours over hours on a big art piece that ends up not selling, or dedicating your time to studies and improving next to working on DP sized art, which ultimately just steals your time and limits your income because even if your big art piece came out amazing, you'll end up sitting on it. Haha.

The buyers in my friend group are equally as frustrated, because they have a hard time finding the artists that are willing to sell such big art pieces they are looking for, because most artists cater to the DP sized art, naturally, to make money. And many they have contacted just turned em down, or didn't dare to spend the time on big pieces that haven't sold in the past. So they expect even a COMMISSIONED piece not to get paid for and picked up. 

I'm no expert. I don't analyse data and obviously have less of an insight into the community than you do- but that's just a few people I know, and all of them are longing for big pieces in one way or another on this site. But don't really get around to them. So a big fat YES to this change. 

I mentioned its good that it's done in baby steps, and I'm sure you're considering this aswell: But the community will take its time to adapt and see the benefits of big art versus small DP's. It's also going to happen in baby steps in the end. 

We can't really expect to just open shops offering only big art, and sell like hotcakes right away. We will have to offer DP sized art for a long while as well. And it's okay. No good thing like that just took place within 24h. We are going the right direction, and I'm thrilled about this. 

I myself used to only paint big art pieces and imrpove a bunch in short times, and ever since I've been mainly selling on here I feel like my improvement has been slowed down drastically only working on small DP pieces. I do appreciate every order I get, and every order I accept is an order I am thrilled to work on. Otherwise I wouldn't. So to anyone who worries that I do not like working on your art if you order a DP. No. That's not the case.  But branching out and not being limited is nice, and enhances creativity a lot. 

And if you haven't ever tried getting a big piece, why not try it? If you mention to the artist that you do want a bust up / headshot DP out of your big art commission, they will make sure you can, or they can crop the big piece to make a beautiful DP aswell. 

To the people feeling big art just won't sell so they don't offer it at all, it can't sell if you don't offer it. Like I've mentioned my friends LOOKING for artists for big pieces, you'll be overlooked. Yes the changes won't take place super fast and now, but, make it an option. And you'll be seen sooner or later. 

I encourage everyone to branch out if they want to. Make it an option atleast. 

And to the buyers that are worried and mainly want DP's and croppable big art pieces, communication is key. Talk to your artist about needing or wanting a DP crop from your big piece. And you won't end up with an amazing piece that can ONLY used as a big piece. 

I'll have to get used to the name change of the forum, truth to be told haha. Not because I WANT an imvu related name, quite the opposite. But simply because I'm used to it. :lazecry:

Its a good decision tho. I really don't want IMVU to be creeping around in every corner of the forum, AND in the name itself. As big as the imvu community on here is, this is NOT an imvu forum. It souldn't stand for it either. :cuteok:

I'm on board. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I love making IMVU artwork but I felt IMVU artwork was outdated

and wasn't loved anymore and was even lesser. 

So reading this thread its been very interesting and eye opening.

Like I even went out my way to find to make artwork outside of IMVU.

But now I can have both lol. I'm happy for Art Haven's new growth.

:llampret:

• Like 1

As a founder of the original GASR off-site, I totally support this change. It's about time :eue:

• Like 4

On 10/6/2019 at 1:57 AM, Moose said:

If you're an artist who has only been doing art for IMVU formats, you can achieve so much more when you go beyond that. A whole new world awaits. More art, more skill, more challenges, more money, more fulfillment. Dream big. It's all possible.

page album GIF

• Like 2

We're still in the progress of updating all of the terminology to reflect the new name change, but we're about 95% done at this time!  If you find anything that still shows the old name (GASR or Graphic Arts Services & Requests), please let me know and we'll correct it.  

Also, that little quick-access help button at the very top to the right of your user name and menu is now finished and working.

95b19ea42fc8d91159650b6a994400d8.png

:erlmo:

• Like 1

This might be a dumb question, but I'm curious.

What are we going to be called now instead of GASRians?
Artisans / Artians? Havenists?    :psideeyes:

I'm dying to know.

@Alismora

Social media links need updating. :psmile:

Anymoose... Haveners got me confused there for a second... I was like... shouldn't it Halloweeners or something? Then I came in here and realized what it was about. :oobih:

2 hours ago, Moose said:

@Alismora

Social media links need updating. :psmile:

Anymoose... Haveners got me confused there for a second... I was like... shouldn't it Halloweeners or something? Then I came in here and realized what it was about. :oobih:

Thanks!  Imma add this to the list. 

• Like 1

The first draft of the mature content system has been tested as much as possible and feedback sent to the developer on fixes and improvements for the next test draft!  We're one step closer guys!!!!!!

Michael Myers Dancing GIF by Halloween

• Like 5

Hey guys, if you see an option to mark something as mature, please don't. 

I'm testing on the live site for a variety of reasons, mostly because our test site does not give me the kind of data I truly need to make sure things are working the way we need them to.  I only test the app for a couple of days before disabling it and sending feedback to the dev.  I cannot guarantee that any content you create while using these settings will not be effected when the system is disabled.  I create my own test content for this purpose so that nothing of importance is bothered during these testing phases.

GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE CAN YOU FEEL IT.

I have to do a little bit of website maintenance, but we are 90% of the way finished with testing and are so close to the system going live!!!

• Like 11

I'm a little (a lot) late to this change, but I'm so happy to see it.  I stopped associating with imvu a long time ago because I found it to be very toxic for me, but I love making art and I didn't find other platforms that I enjoyed posting on as much as this one.  I lean more towards traditional art than I do digital, but hopefully this breakaway from the old GASR will open up opportunities for traditional artists as well.  I'm gonna have to dig my tablet up from the depths now.... 

• Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, Alismora said:

We're still in the progress of updating all of the terminology to reflect the new name change, but we're about 95% done at this time!  If you find anything that still shows the old name (GASR or Graphic Arts Services & Requests), please let me know and we'll correct it.  

Also, that little quick-access help button at the very top to the right of your user name and menu is now finished and working.

95b19ea42fc8d91159650b6a994400d8.png

:erlmo:

You're probably aware but the Gasr logo still appears after you get redirected once completing a purchase

also on mobile