Art Haven

I would absolutely love to participate! Lately I have not known what to draw, so it will be a good challenge. Good year 2020 colleagues!

GIF by Omer Studios

• Like 4

I;m gonna try it:fingerguns:

2012 or 2016 (I think lol) This was a practice drawing at that time in IMVU their used to be a discussion group

for beginners in order to practice... I drew it for IISensi :D

Spoiler
GyI1hK.png.2c8c932d538295dff63e9a1312adee80.png    Before                          iWebp.net-resizeimage.png.5f0f0393d98b040824f2e611a211325c.png  After

2020 (so weird to type "2020") I felt like I could have done better though I'm not satisfied with this one but we will work on

it over time... 

For 2020,   I would like to improve at anatomy, the quality of my pics, and shading:aww:

Edited by Pinon
  • Like 4

My journey is kinda odd because I started digital art in 2015, stopped in 2015, and then started back up in 2018. Enjoy.

DP Crop

Spoiler

artjourneydpcrop.png

This one is a bit wonky because I did mainly repaints until the end of December when I did this. My very first fully handdrawn piece.

Large Art

Spoiler

ArtJourneyLargeArt.png

Two things I wanna improve on is how I draw guys because I always make them look so feminine. It's always like trying to do a square jawline and then panicking because it looks weird. 

And the second thing I wanna improve on is the amount of poses/body shapes I can draw. I specialize in idle poses and curvy women, but I wanna get more active poses and variety in my body shapes.
Gonna do my very best to achieve these things. ♥

• Like 6

i've always wanted to do smth like this and tada!!

big thank u to the mods for this event+love the badge i want it now

2016 & 2020

(vector & tablet)

the two things i would like to improve is to have more confidence in my art, as well as being consistent in my isntagram art accounts. 

ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.png.cea6ba23df2c91e8f21f1b86a024dd6c.png

Spoiler

ALIEN-2019.thumb.png.b20e07c5efbf49466742d81f0563b15c.png

• Like 21

This is my first time participating <3

I leave one of my first digital editions <3

2015 vs 2020.

ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.png.be6e05b69b278ff605a855549c83f0a0.png

(Below attached the large version of 2020)

Spoiler

Redrawn.thumb.png.d03f25b63424992e6d23e4935dd9830b.png

This year I would like to improve my quality of drawings and my activity in arthaven both as an artist, as a companion <3

and learn to make feet

Edited by Ghea
  • Like 8

Sept 2018

Spoiler

Screenshot.png.5893c970b8b337928d4aa005a0cb6d43.png

Jan 2020

recreation2_WTERMARK.png.2e2f6a8353eed15516ee92a30d7d5327.png

I started out only doing repaints and up until December 2019 thats really all I did besides the occasional adopt. I now have only done scratch since I did my first scratch piece last month. Although my [more recent than the 2018 example] repaints and scratch art look the same; I am really happy to not have an avatar base anymore. It really felt restricring after doing it so long. I am really looking to improve my angles and poses this year!

Sorry I can't do the template I only have access to AH on my phone currently!

Original was purchased by [email protected] so I also gave her the updated one.

• Like 10

Just a reminder that when posting your finished art entries to post at least two things you'd like to work toward improving on in the following year!

I'm loving these entries so far, it's really inspiring to see all of the progress!  :cutehehehaaas:

• Like 3

Happy new year! :fingerguns:

Finally found something made from me in 2012, rofl now I just need to do the 2020 version! :ey:

2012.png.05fa3dc28fb68c1a4152a3496e846856.png

Edited by ISow
  • Like 5

THAT BADGE THO :ogoodshi:

dis my place... this will be interesting

BIG BOI INCOMING !!!!

Spoiler
ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.png.e1d7dc60fd4e136744452956cb18ebdf.png

2 things .... so many but the first things that come to mind are
1. backgrounds/composition

2. rendering textures more accurately and properly

references used

facedress - flowers

Edited by kyles
  • Like 7

I recreated a drawing from 2017 I had did for someone that went by the name of Alphabet back then! 
I really want to focus on drawing clothing better and I really want to learn how to make my art look less stiff!

28F11736-EC8B-4FAD-BF17-6EBFCEF78058.png

• Like 9

Will be entering! I love this event so much :noooo:

First piece if from 2015, 2nd piece is from today! 

Back then I was completely new at digital art and traced in a sketch I did on paper, second one is 100% done digitally uwu

Things I want to improve on:

(spoiler bc a lot of things I wanna improve on)

Spoiler

1) Stop doing shoulder up pieces only and practice anatomy,

2) Work on more dynamic poses and really step out of my comfort zone, adding hands etc more often to my artwork.

3) Practice more color theory, I've gotten better with color picking I think but it's still something I could practice and get better at!

4) Stop being afraid of deep and dark shadows. 

5) Practice more backgrounds. I never do backgrounds because I'm scared of doing enviromental type pieces because of lack of experience, I wanna change this in 2020.

6) DRAW MORE MALES. I do not draw nearly enough males and I really need to push that more!

7) I want to push for a style more, in 2019 I tried a lot of different art styles and I'm still trying to find one I'm comfortable calling "my style".

8) I NEED TO PRACTICE HAIR AND FUR. I hate drawing hair, it's my least favourite because I can't understand it. 

9) Use more references and do more studies. Go back and relearn fundementals.

10) Stop comparing my work to everyone else and put myself down over it. I'd rather want to look at other artists work in a positive and admiring way, striving to reach a similar level one day.

1909308305_artjourneywiop.thumb.png.9a11b4e3ddcc5640f5877359db2f37c3.png

Edited by Shark
  • Like 6

Completedddd. I figured I'd fix his design a bit too.  // took hours idek why.:bfyes:

ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.png.bbd0958074cc6daffcf3cc59ef0accf6.png

I hope to improve on lining and posing. 
I still haven’t found my overall preference to how I line my work,  nor have gotten the hand of posing yet - they end up looking stiff most of the time!

also, definitely want to get better with hair coloring.

Edited by Smile
  • Like 10

List has been updated! If you don’t see your name put down it is because your entry is incomplete! 

Keep them coming y’all, I love these! :aww:

• Upvote 4

Here it is~ :aww:

Then was Sept. 2016, Now is Jan. 2020 :)

I draw with a mouse so I can definitely say my hand gotten steadier over time. :bgoodjob:

What I want to improve on is shading, and arms/hands.

thenandnow.png

Edited by Sherubii
  • Like 9

List updated! Once again, if you don't see your name down currently it is because you haven't met the entry requirements yet! 

I also updated my post and I'm so happy to join in!! this was so much fun and actually really brought to light how much i've improved. T_T 

• Like 3

Hellllo~

I want to post in this event because I'm interested in working more on painting this year, so I decided to repaint a picture I did in either 2017/2018. :lazeweep:

imageproxy.gif.d8444914f0015f96bcbe2b90409ca32c.gif

Soo theres that lol...

Besides working more on painting, I really want to start focusing on the smaller details and making sure I honestly love the work I do. I am really excited to see how I will improve this year~

Thanks for this reflective Event :lazierblush:

• Like 12