There was an unexpected issue during a file transfer that made display pictures appear broken. This will continue temporarily for the next 6-12 hours while the backup folder containing these images is added. ×
Art Haven

Original is from I  believe summer of 2015 ((I'm not sure. I kind of just dug around through my old DeviantArt until I found something worth redrawing.)).

The latter I finished literally tonight.

Holy crap! I hadn't realized how much I had improved over the last 5 years. It's really reassuring! :psobbing:

Sorry about the weird format instead of using the provided one. It was hard because of the dimensions of the first piece. It still got cut off some.

Spoiler

Ahrp by SingingHerScreamSong

As for 2 things I want to improve on this year.....More dynamic poses and interesting pieces.

I feel like I can draw a pretty face all day but it's rare I draw something I see as not 'boring', so I'm stoked how this came out. It just looks more interesting than my usual pieces. Probably due to channeling my inner teenage angst. Lol.

Watermark on the newer one because I never really used the original for anything but posting on DeviantArt, so I was debating maybe selling the new version as a premade.

• Like 13

I'll be back. 

ArtistJourney-DP-Template.thumb.png.a949cbdef251940618478d13585c883c.png

Damn, talk about a glow-up.

The first one was my DP on VU for so long LMAO I was so proud then

Two things I'd like to improve on this year are:
-Doing more dynamic poses / working on my larger art.

-Trying out different coloring styles.

Edited by Groan
I put the thing in the thing
  • Like 4

thennowartistjourney.thumb.png.1a5a5b3d8343d66e09f9396a473eac4f.png

comp112dsadd.png.b3784a05e507edd03e824c3bfb29252e.png

Spoiler

dbh8k3x-5a572ed8-d88c-4f99-94cc-a9c03afe1221.png.eea98c3686e91a2239f9f76e70f4efa1.pngRework112go.thumb.png.f7cf484cfc773b2463d9902dad7fcd5b.png

Two things i'd like to improve on are anatomy and making my art more realistic ♥

Edited by Slug
  • Like 13

I’d like to participate! Time to dig for my old traditional drawings! :lazeshydance:

• Like 5

List has been updated y'all! ♥

I wanted to reiterate that this event is also open to people of different mediums! If you do traditional art, 3D art, handmade crafts, etc. anything of that sort we wanna see it! I love the entries so far, if any of you who have posted digital art also do any of the other mediums on the side please feel free to share your improvement in that particular field as well! We really wanted to encourage all of our talented members to jump in. :aww: 

and if not it's okay, these digital art entries are magnifique. ♥

• Like 6

SO are y'all ready for this jelly? 

I started doing display picture edits in 2010 after seeing people on imvu use those. I couldn't afford commissioning someone so I just started practicing on my own. For this progress image I chose one of those pictures I made myself sometime late 2010, found the exact original screenshot used in my imvu album and edited that now to see what I could do with the atrocious 2010 emo/scene avatar. She's all grown up! 

ArtistJourney-DP-Template by rookiequeen

Since I have no ~natural art talent~, the progress has come through practice. I'm surprised myself that nine years on I'm still doing this as a hobby. I'd like to get more comfortable using different poses/expressions and also look into learning new animation options to offer to my customers. :klovee:

Edited by Astronomy
  • Like 9

wow I'm seriously in love with everyones entries so far!

you all have gotten so much better :klove:

gets me so pumped to do it!! Super excitedd:cutehehehaaas:

I can't wait to try this after work tomorrow!

Oh and uhhh 2 things I wanna improve are the way I draw hands ^^" an I'd also love to improve drawing men less girly 

I gotta go to sleep for work tomorrow morning but I'll elaborate on this when I get a chance!

• Like 4

Suddenly FB reminds me of a drawing from 5 years ago and what better way to use it for this event ^^. (At that time I used mouse).
Well here my progress of 5 years, from a drawing that probably took hours and hours to one that took me about an hour and a half. : D May this 2020 bring more progress!
Progress is constant, every day I learn something new through practice. But what I would like to improve would be the lights and shadows, and to be
 able to work in smaller formats.

wLkZ86CQ_o.png

Edited by Lid
  • Like 7

The Participants List has been updated! :blove:

I am in awe of all your guys improvement! Thank you for sharing your progress, you could definitely all be proud of how far you've come!

Note: If you do not see your name in the Participants List, it is because your entery is incomplete

• Like 4

I have returned! I was working on another old piece from 2015 but I decided to go back to another old piece I did in 2015 . I have a love/hate relationship with my art last year that has followed me into the new year I just hope my funk goes away this year.

so this old piece was when I first started drawing digitally in 2015 on clip studio paint before I moved to sai a year later ^^''.

I'd say im getting better at anatomy and hair?

I have alot to improve but the main two would be males and clothes. 

Also feels like he is getting older with each piece or is it just me? XD

Spoiler

ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.jpg.5c3a965db6293e53e1dc657c2cac73b5.jpg

@Vee edited properly for the entry ^^'

Edited by ToyoziK
  • Like 3

Participant list has been updated!! 

There's only a few more days to enter so be sure to update your post with your entries!! :bgoodjob:

Note: If you do not see your name in the Participants List, it is because your entry is incomplete.

• Like 1

ArtistJourney-LargeCanvas-Template.thumb.png.0bde005050e94bf00de81b1470c2a8c5.pngbull.thumb.png.92c382bf9ab03ff76692aff0ab6f0d20.png

pls click for quality~

i actually made it in time!!

lord knows why he was purple in 2018? i wish i could go back in time and just ask why 500+ hours of gameplay led me to draw him purple :^)

ANYHOW i redrew the iron bull from dragon age inquisition aka the love of my life fan art i did back in January of 2018, perfect timing! 

what i'd like to improve on is my concept art skills for my career and also to be able to produce things faster, im so slow rip. but im happy with my progress anyways!

Edited by Darksiders
  • Like 9

Scene 5 evur OwO

imageproxy.png.a9c60bfb3cbc3fc31cd2656246f250ec.png

Edited by Gob
  • Like 5

not sure if so much improved but fun to try out ^^<3

2019  -   2020

:psobbing:

spacer.png

• Like 12

Although I draw with the touch of the computer I think I have adapted very well to this
I know that I still have a lot to improve and improve but today I'm happy with the result ~

No doubt the practice makes the teacher!!

~ I would like to improve the coloring and anatomy, I would also like to start with the realism ~

2018 ~ 2019 ~ 2020

434799337_GASREVENTOENERO4redrawoctauroflor.png.3ed96f0f21fa508412bf64cc9be62060.png

• Like 8

aaa omg, I'm so proud of myself :cutehehehaaas:

beyond the style, the painting improved a lot aaaaaaaaaa

I'm soooooooo happy aaaa

This drawing was a fanart for a game called IB.

Link of the drawing in my old deviant ><

What I want to change for the following years is:

- Learn how to make landscapes;

- Improve the anatomy of animals / plushs;

- Learn how to make better animations during my college of digital animation design;

Hope I keep on improving and I'm excited for this decade of lots of learning and drawings~

:klove:

203454299_YumiArtistJourney2020.thumb.png.3a6062ddf03dc7136d5b3e6781d6398f.png

Edited by Yumi
  • Like 14

Participant list has been updated.

There's only a few more hours to enter so be sure to update your post with your entries.

Note: If you do not see your name in the Participants List, it is because your entry is incomplete.

• Like 1