Art Haven
Vee

[2020] May You Stay Healthy

[2020] May You Stay Healthy

Which charity should the proceeds go to?   

114 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Vote for the charity the proceeds will go to!

• Feeding America
    • Doctors Without Borders
    • The World Health Organization
    • Oxfam America
    • The Red Cross
    • World Central Kitchen
    • Team Rubicon
    • Half-Table Man Disaster Relief

Hello, all. My heart goes out to all of you guys and your families, and friends during this time, I know that it is not easy.

And to the people that are risking their own health in order to provide for others, you are strong in so many ways. Thank you for your endless hard work and support.

I'm not going to go in too much detail with what I've been experiencing during this time. But I did lose someone dear to me to the virus. And there are some times where it doesn't even feel real. I'm extremely grateful for the friends and family that I have, I don't know where I would be without them. Being surrounded by them keeps me grounded. In regards to school, it just feels odd. We had to leave, expecting to be able to go back and get the rest of our belongings but, it's been months since then. We can only wait at this point. Our graduation has been postponed as well. It would have been nice to have that experience. Nonetheless, I'm thankful for the people in my life that make each day better. All of you please stay safe, take care of yourself + your families, and be patient with yourself. You are all strong. Take it a day at a time.

• Like 14

I honestly hope that everyone is taking care of themselves and staying safe during these hard times. This pandemic has left a lot of people feeling like they're alone in these times, being stuck at home doesn't really help. hopefully with everyone keeping themselves and others safe we can go back to being able to go out and see friends and family, and do things just as we normally would. as someone who struggles with feeling alone a lot, my family has helped me through it, i still talk to friends and get out to just drive and listen to music. my social life has gone down some though, i only text a few of my friends and only talk to my family. but during this time we're all in this together!

sending all my love and prayers to everyone :byaslove:

thank you to our healthcare workers and essential workers!

Edited by Madisyn
  • Like 9

Before I begin to poor out my soul please forgive me for my bad spelling. thank you everyone

I work at assisted living and memory Care I'm house keeper, I have been on quarantine for two mouths but I will work as I'm still an essential worker. And let me be honest it has been stressful. First, all my residence are scared one of our team members and residents have the virus. ( They're no longer here) and after my work emailed the stuff and residence few of them get more scared, when this started a lot of them were not taking this seriously they thought when we told them they had to stay in their rooms and no eating in the dining room they thought we were over exaggerating. Knew few of them still don't get it, lot of them are new to have bad anxiety and depressions getting work a few of them have dementia so they're very confused and I only get to see them when I clean and it is making me stressed because they asked me every single day when can they go in the dining room when is this going to be over when can they see their families. ( my residents haven't been able to go out and see their families for I think about 2 months and it is one of the hardest things in the world to watch them struggle not to be able to see their families have no visitors it's honestly taking a toll on my mind because it I care about them)It is taking a toll on my mental health because before we were told to wear masks till I go to the store and everything ( I live with my mom and my boyfriend) I and my boyfriend were the only ones wearing masks to the store my mom refused to wear masks into she was forced around by you know this and it drove me nuts because when we went into the storeroom a split-off she would tell me that people are staring at her some of them refused to take care of her because she wasn't wearing a mask. ( If you can't tell it stressful when we go out.  it also stressful for my boyfriend he is manger for wends( I used to work there tooo)  guess the store was on tv for running out stuff, they have two truck orders that come and they have not ordered lot because they don't knew if there going to be busy or not witch I knew to lot of people you would be mad, anyway he comes home and stills me people will wait in line and just to tell them there not essential worker rude much. I have not seen my bestfriend who lives 4 hours away from me because of this and that is way I'm stressful.I really miss going out walking round my town and seeing my friends, I really miss taking photos of anything really, miss doing little things like going on train going to the pool by my house. ( IM SORRY IF THIS IS LONG ) i wanted to try to fix my backyard and plant some flowers and veggies if it was not for disgord, my bf, my job and tv i would lose my shit Jumanji Movie GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

• Like 9

Since this pandemic hit I've seen some selfish people and some people who really care about others. I remember thinking to myself " This will be under control soon"... and here we are. I've seen people hoarding supplies just to make a profit. I've seen local pizza restaurants giving out free personal pizzas for kids. I never thought of how many children depend on school lunch as their main meal, since school has closed so many kids are going without food. Elderly people weren't able to get toilet paper, paper towel or cleaning supplies.Lots of local stores dedicated the first 2 hours of the day to elderly people (I thought that was very kind of them). 

This is a time for us to help others and support one another (at a safe distance). I don't know how many times I've thought of High School Musical's song We're all in this together .. but that is what it is. We will get through this Lonely United GIF by YouTube

• Like 12

I hope everyone is doing ok. I didn’t think something like this would happen in my lifetime, a pandemic and being quarantined. I planned for 2020 to be for finding a job, going back to school for my Masters, getting back into shape, and trying to understand myself better after the few years of family/ family-friends’ deaths that happened. In the beginning when the reports started coming in, I was a bit worried but ok because I’m very introverted so I didn’t leave the house unless I wanted/needed to. As time went on, information came out and we went on lockdown I became very worried. My parents and I are all autoimmune compromised (my mom is diagnosed with breast and started treatment). I believe I have been quarantined since March, I live in Michigan. I started to draw and read every day like I use to before university… I gave up on drawing after a week. But I did start baking A LOT mostly pastries. I didn’t like leaving the house a lot, if I did it was to go for walks or food…simple stuff. Now I want to be around people, maybe like the mall, bookstore, or art show. This has started to slowly make me feel like I’m losing my mind and sleeping more, but I have a really good friend who I keep in contact with that keeps my spirits up. This experience will cause more anxiety and panic attacks with simple things that I do like shopping and just going about daily life. More than anything I am disappointed in the government and how selfish people are acting and how it’s putting people at risk. I already clean like crazy even before the pandemic….so after everything is over, I plan to start wearing a mask if I don’t feel good or when my seasonal allergies start. Also, I would take time to say thank you to those who work hard every day to keep us safe, feed, and protected out there.  

Thank U GIF

• Like 7

Heeeey guys! (not the best at greetings lol)

So first of all, I would like to thank everyone here who's helping to the awareness, these are times when we need to think about everyone else, and not just ourselves.

Second, I'm glad you're taking different ways to take care of yourselves! This thing is savage and it just keeps spreading. At first I have to admit I didn't think it was that bad, cause we've had previous viruses and (at least in my country) we tend to exaggerate... so yeah I thought it was just gonna go away, but oh dear was I wrong LOL.

Anyway, like some people, I was trying to figure my life out, get a job, save some money, and when I got one everything decided to go on quarantine and the process froze.

My brother also relies on his work outside these walls, and my father is in another country trying to keep his business afloat, so I'm trying my best to stay close with my mom here.

She's kind of a clean freak, which helps with this situation, but she also likes to take cleaning to the next level.. and we all have here a routine (specially when we go out to buy groceries).

Now talking about being home all the time... I'm really a home person, like.. really, so I didn't think it'd bother me... BUT I noticed it affected me since my routine changed last year, cause I had to be outside the house almost all the time, so now I feel trapped. Which leads me to the fact that I'm happy I get to start working on Monday!

But while I enjoy being able to go out, I'm worried that I can get close to the virus (not for me, but for my mom, cause she's more than 60 and is prone to get health vulnerable)

So I just want all this to end really, I am really grateful for all the brave people going outside and risking their lives to give a better one to others (either health care professionals or people trying to give their families what they need).

I want you all to keep fighting! Don't lose your patience. I thank life because I know I'm fine, but I also want everyone to be fine and healthy, so please take care of yourselves! Give everyone you love, love, and send love to everyone who's having a though time and needs it!

I'll send you guys virtual hugs and good energy!

:phearteyes:

• Like 9

I hope everyone is safe and healthy during these horrible times...

I suppose I have been okay. I have definitely avoided the tragedy but, unfortunately my mother, who's a nurse, actually was infected with the virus.

Luckily, she is very well and healthy currently (Thank God for that). It was difficult seeing her going through that because her symptoms were not

actually matching up with the ones released officially. Only later did we (my family) realised that it was corona. But, all is good and life will always 

have its set of 6G DROPS.

I can graciously say that my mental health has been pretty good, but my physical- I have become a round potato. But! I am working on it. I hope

to not be as round as I am currently by the end of quarantine. Please exercise during these times! (I've heard obesity can seriously increase the risk,

please take good care of yourselves). Unfortunately, I have been delayed university, as well as a few work experiences. It is difficult to have ambitions

and dreams, then for something so small to literally put life on a pause. Although academically I have been thwarted, I have noticed how much more

time I have been having with family. It is truly a blessing to be surrounded by my family so much right now, since before my head was always in a book.

Please keep in contact with family members as much as possible, and also your friends! They are the ones that will miss you equally ~

Since this is already excessively long, I just want to say a huge, massive, enormous, HUMUNGOUS thank you to all the healthcare workers and service workers.

I feel that it is a few people that we forget to thank such as those who remove our garbage weekly, those who keep supermarkets a safe environment, those

who are still on standby in case of any emergencies that are not necessarily medical (plumbing, fires, etc.). To everyone that is working right now, you are

genuinely the angels of the Earth right now. Please feel extremely proud of yourselves and I shall pray for your safety and happiness everyday ~

You are all amazing. Thank you, finally, to Art Haven for spreading awareness is such a beautiful and

meaningful way. You all deserve the world ~

:walove:

• Like 7

Hey all~

I am an infant/toddler teacher at a private school and the Covid-19 has affected all our parents and babies and teachers as well. I miss seeing their bright faces because it made my day so much better. Although, I am glad to know that all the babies and their families are safe. Since the quarantine is suppose to be lifted on May 15th, I believe a lot of our non essentials families will be returning (yay). Although, we have no babies my job was was able to get a loan and they are giving us hours in order to repaint our classrooms, organize, and disinfect anything and everything. We have been doing this for about a month and a half now? I honestly don't know. Something that I miss that surprises me is going out with friends because I am very introverted and a homebody so I prefer to stay indoors.Even though my goal for 2020 was to be more sociable and go out more. Physically it's affected me because I can't go to the gym anymore and going on jogs isn't the same to me. Things I do to connect with others is face time and I am using social media a lot more these days. One thing that I am saddened is not being to walk with my 2020 class, because it was something I was looking forward to after so many years of struggling to know what I wanted to study. I think this experience will change the way I, and everyone for that matter to approach things differently. I feel that many people will take a lot more precautions when it comes to going out and getting too close to someone. All in all I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy, and my heart goes to anyone that is struggling and if there's anything I can do for anyone feel free to contact me! 

my little pony hug GIF

• Like 10

Hihi everyone! Quarantine has not only taken a toll on me but I know it's hard on others too. Lately what I have been doing is trying to do new things while being trapped inside. Whether that is working out, reading a new book, starting a new project, or cleaning. Even repainting my room or rearranging it, something to keep me moving. It's hard and sometimes I end up doing the same thing everyday and that gets tiring so I always try to incorporate something different and new in my days. I miss going outside, going to the gym, visiting friends/family, or going to get some food, etc. It's hard but we can get through this! We got this.

On a BIG note I want to thank the healthcare workers, essential workers, etc. Please take care of yourselves as much as possible. You all are amazing and very appreciated <3

A positive thing to this personally, is I've gotten to sit with myself and take a good look at myself mentally and physically and work on what I believe I need to work on to grow and be a better person. Sometimes I have my moments where I let my thoughts get the best of me, but distractions are good, doing things I enjoy and what not! 

Anyways, I know things can get hard but I believe we can all get through this <3 I hope you are all doing well and good. Please make sure to take care of yourself and stay hydrated. Keep your loved ones close and stay safe during this pandemic. :byaslove:

• Like 8

I want to start off by giving a thank you to all the health care workers and all the essential job holders. Even if its just working at the drug store, you give us a little more spark ion the day when we have to run an errand or such. Thank you for helping us even when you are struggling on your own and may be frightened every day. You risk your lifes and the comfort of your living and moments with your family to help us continue living. You are a hint of normality in a world thats turned upside down. 

Quarantine in lonely. You never really notice how much you miss, care, or desire the air of the natural environment and the brisk conversation of people walking down the street as you travel to work. While a lot of the restrictions are lifting for me, I am making sure I do not leave my house what so ever. My mother is a charge nurse and I do not wish to make higher risk for my household than is already stationed with my mothers work. To be the most blunt I can; it sucks. Being stuck at home sucks and as I have already had the virus, I can tell you one thing, staying at home is better. While a lot of people are effected by this, I would like to tell my side at what the Corona Virus did to me. I got it about...a month ago. It started as flu like symptoms and I honestly wasn't taking it too seriously. After the third day, I couldn't breathe without the help of an at home oxygen machine that I used from my fathers past issues. It was awful and it felt like I was dying. I had to schedule times with my family I could take a shower or leave my room to pick up the food that was sitting outside my door. I was only allowed to drink from bottled water and my family wouldn't even touch me, any objects in my room, or any room I would go into. I had multiple sheets on my bed and than had a plastic cover over the bed so I didn't get the virus on the bed for certain reasons my mother described. It was painful. I "slept" 19 hours a day and the rest was spent on my computer, curled in a blanket, coughing and crying. I could barley speak but I was too scared to go to the hospital. I stayed away from the world for 3 weeks until they did at home testing where they would come by houses and test you there. I put my name on the list and finally after waiting for 3 days, I was told I was Covid Free. 

There are people out there who have it worse and I was a mild case even though I felt like I could die most days. The days that didn't feel so bad, I would video call my family to talk to them and my nephew would always ask to come in my room and play games with me....I had to zip tie my door shut so he wouldn't try to come in. 

We will all have to fight and sacrifice to make our lives safe and to be able to fight the virus. However, my sob story gives me hope that we will make it through this. The more time passes, the more people feel better and the more people that recover from this. While lives are lost, we honor them and we fight harder to help seek the understanding and the curative formats for the Corona. I can only hope that we all listen and ban together to seek help and comfort in each other through these times where internet has allowed an emotional connection beyond compare. I have found that through all this, there are people on the internet who are just as scared and nervous as I am and I do home we can all let out the pain and emotions we feel now. 

• Like 7

Hi guys! Awards have been sent out to those who have entered so far! Remember that there's a written and an art portion of this event! :klovee: 

I hope y'all are remaining strong and doing a-okay! ♥

• Like 5

This is my submission for the event, I've spent the last couple days working on it :blove:stay safe everyone!

1444598993_alulasubmission.thumb.jpg.d64962d3298bf1891c8af053a1c162c5.jpg

Edited by Tranquilized
  • Like 7

HEY GUYS  

just checking in! My town has over 5000 cases and its becoming mentally exhausting. Specifically with caring for 6 kids and most of them with special needs, how ever im hanging in there and tackling the best i can. I think the most stressful thing is the homeschooling. among the husband being an essential worker, that and our business has been extremely slow.   How ever oddly that is not whats really bothering me, I just want life to be normal again. Kids able to go outside and play, be able to bbq! I could not even go to my aunt funereal recently because of restrictions in my state. I miss my normal food shopping, its a struggle to get enough to feed the kids for a month, been waiting in lines for hours and what not!  sad part is im scared to bring it home to the kids. I feel for the homeless and worse part is knowing i was going to be a MA I can't help any place due to my own immune system. My doctor went as far as telling the schools we can not go there and risk the exposure  to pick up or drop off the work, i feel my state could have handled this alot better, worse part is they are saying moneys running out to help people here and its so sad to see pretty soon i fear the tri states are going to economically ruined specially with how bad the virus is here.

• Like 5

Awards have been sent out up until this point! 

Stay safe and stay strong, Haveners. Thank you guys so much for sharing with us and participating. :byaslove:

• Like 4

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is safe out there! ♥

I'm without a job since the beginning of the year so the whole "staying at home" it wasn't an hard thing for me to do.. Well at least it was what I thought! It is really a big thing between you want to stay at home and if you want you can go outside even if it's just to catch some sun in your face and other is staying at home because you can't leave it no matter what. The quarantine in my country is over since the beginning of May, we were in quarantine for two months and it was scary to see each day the numbers just keep going up but at a point things started to get better as soon as people realized that this would happened to EVERYONE and not just "to others". Things are starting to open again here slowly and ofc that we still need to protect ourselves with masks everywhere we go but it's better in a way you know? My mom had to work during the quaratine and only stayed at home for two weeks and I was worry for her, I didn't want anything to happen to her. I was taking care of my dad and he's not a person who just stays on the couch and watches tv etc, he likes to go outside, to work and it was hard to make him understand but I did it and he was really worry for the whole family, he's at one of the ages with high risk and I actually cried when I was trying to show him how dangerous this could be while he was just making jokes about the virus. But I'm glad everything went well. One thing that was the hardest for me was not seeing my sister, not being able to hang out with her like we used to. Idk, this whole situtation I think it changed all of us to see everything different.

Remember to be grateful (even if it's something very minimal) for what you have now every single day of your life because we don't control and don't know what will happened tomorrow, we can't take things for granted. My heart goes out to all the families and friends who lost their loved ones to this virus.

Stay safe!

• Like 6

I'd first like to thank all of the warriors in the health care and of our government, as they are doing their best to keep people safe and to save those who got infected.

✦ How are you taking care of yourself?

I am doing my best with taking care of myself daily, nothing unusual or I have never done before. Everything is going just fine.
✦ How long have you been in quarantine? If you're not, how come and has it been difficult not to be?

We've been in quarantine since march, so about 2 months now.
✦ What habit have you started, or broken, since the outbreak?

Some habits that have been broken were getting up for work and driving to it, going to the grocery weekly and having our relatives stay over.
✦ What’s something that you miss that surprises you? 

I miss going out with my friends, I wouldn't say it surprises me tho xD.

✦ How has it been affecting you mentally and physically?

To be honest, it doesnt have that much of affect to me mentally. Altho physically, seriously getting lazier and exhausted, even for no reason? Maybe because I work from home for now.
✦ What are things you are doing to connect with others from home?

We plan events to do online, such as watching movies and playing different kind of games.
✦ Do you think this experience will change you? If so, how?

It won't change me by all means, as there is not THAT MUCH difference then when the quarantine didnt exist.
✦ When all of this is over, will you approach things differently? If so, what?

If we are talking about quarantine over only, I'd say I will be even more care with people and have more distance between them than already is. We should have pre-cautions at this time.

Then a small message at the end: I hope everyone stays safe and follow the rules that has been set for the citizens' sake instead of complaining and wanting to be a rebel and do things differently, this will not help you. If you are taking things lightly, please at least take them seriously for the sake of your family and your beloved ones.

• Like 6

I wanted to start this by giving my best wishes to everyone and thank every healthcare worker for their exhausting job.

Well, we know in this pandemic we have to be at home and honestly it's hard to be ok, like to be creative to learn something or to be happy, we have to take care of our mental health and be kind to ourselves, not everyone will be taking this situation the same and i hope you can have peace in your mind. For me it was an opportunity to calm myself and recover from mental illness, i have the luck my mom still has her work and don't need to go outside, and i have my pets that give me peace and make me feel better.

Don't go outside to party or something that's not essential and wash ur hands regularly please!

1632982006_Cmic2.png.4b9f41aa12e2622a62f8e27ab3346451.png

• Like 4

I Am Thankful For HealthCare Workers!

As a Student CNA, I can say these jobs aren't easy from experience! We are taught many different things to protect ourselfs and others even before COVID-19. Now seeing everyone in the community trying to protect themselves with masks and gloves is great but on the other hand I wish they knew how to take off and put on the PPE properly. I've been seeing pictures of masks out in lakes or on the side of roads. That isn't helping fight this off even if its outside. I just hope everyone is taking care of themselves and not putting their dirty gloves and masks all over! Once again Thank You Healthcare Workers for the amazing job. Also Shout to Crocs for those free nursing shoes! 

• Like 3

Award has been sent up until this point! Hope y'all are continuing to practice social distancing and doing well! 

Stay safe. :blove:

I'd like to start this off with a big thank you to the essential workers. Whether you're working in that crummy corner store supporting your community or serving the people in need first hand within the medical industry. 

You're living proof that the world runs on your power. You are important, you are movement and your efforts are not unnoticed. 

To those staying home and social distancing as they should,,, while maybe also keeping up to date. Thank you, you're helping fight Miss Rona with what you've got!

I'm just a college student at the time. I live with my father and brother, we all try our best to social distance. Although my father has to continue to work to make ends me meet. I appreciate his efforts. 

I am staying home and taking care of my brother and grandmother. Only times I'll go out is for grocery runs and hospital stuff. I'd say it's a bit tough at times, I got so used to going out. I would study in a Starbucks with my friend. Sit in the school library to get work done. Go out every day to socialize. Now that summer is here, I'm a bit bummed out. I was looking forward to going to a concert, beach trips, picnics, sleepovers, get together's and so on. I'm surprised how much I miss my friend, I really thought I could handle time away from them but I find myself lowkey crying at night. I just wanna hug my homies. But if staying home means keeping other safe, that's exactly what I'll do. 

I'm just excited to be able to go back outside and know everyone is safe with my presence. Till then, I'll sit here and continue my studies, connect with my friends online and keep positive! Please consider everyone's safety. Know that you can be asymptomatic. Don't be irresponsible and be the cause of someone else's loss. 

LET'S BEAT MISS RONA TOGETHER

Beat Up GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3