• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

any tips for digital art?

hi! I’ve recently bought my first drawing tablet and it’d be nice if anyone can give me any drawing tips? or maybe any help on good programs I can use? 🥺 thank you!:lazierblush:

- if I can’t have this here, I’ll delete it asap! 

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm wondering if you have a budget for programs or not? I use Photoshop and have for yeaars, and I absolutely love it. I've also used Krita and Paint tool sai, which are great programs as well. As for drawing tips I don't know your skills or anything, but the most important thing for me was to study anatomy through portrait studies, watch tons of vidoes on youtube. I recommend Marc Brunet, Ahmed Aldoori and Borodante as they are good resources for learning how to draw different things! 

Familiarize yourself with the anatomy of the skeleton and muscles, and how that affects how we move. Also focus on proportions :-) 

Please let me know if you need any help along the way! 

• 3 months later...

Theres a couple of free programs that are good

Are there any that you use now?

Just like Challie said though; do you have a budget on programs?

Sai and photoshop are my preferred

If you do pixel art a good free option would be gimp

Theres also medibang which is free and a great alternative to photoshop

• 1 month later...

krita is great for digital art if you're looking for a free software. For art techniques I really recommend paintable's youtube tutorials. It's also very important to do studies from real life references.

I also recommend Ethan Becker's videos. They're often not straight to the point tutorials like paintable's but offer very good tips as to how to approach things.

Archived