How to bid in the Halloween Auction

600.thumb.jpg.9d1296aa30164617b5faa99d3a7da3f5.jpg

A Guide to Bidding in the Halloween Auction

It's almost time to see all the beautiful spooky art our auctioneers have made this year, 

but we want to make sure everyone is on the same page about bidding through our

Services Marketplace. I highly encourage everyone to read through this guide, so 

you do not have to waste time trying to figure out all the new bells and whistles! 

(And so you do not break any rules!).

Auction Dates: Oct. 14th 7pm UTC - Oct. 21st 7pm UTC

Rules

All general auction rules apply, including the following:

• You must have the full amount that you bid, when you bid. 
  • Payment plans are not allowed in AH auctions, winners must pay within 48 hours.
  • You must bid through the Services Marketplace, PM bids are not allowed.
  • Winners must pay through Art Haven, no other payment methods are allowed.*
  • You may only auto-buy two pieces.

*See 'How do I pay when the auction ends and I'm the highest bidder?'

FAQs & Rules Breakdown

• Where is the auction being held?
  • What is the difference between the two categories, 'Global Halloween Auctions' and 'No AutoBuy'?
    • Spoiler

To view all listings in the Halloween Auction, please click 'Global Halloween Auctions'.

image.thumb.png.9378702bf744a253a7695cfce7db4f76.pngThe 'No AutoBuy' category just groups all the listings with no auto-buy amount, together.

• What does 'Current Bid' mean?
    • Spoiler

image.png.3b32f27bec8661cfefd06d09c8a2b359.png

This is how much the piece currently costs based on the most recent bid or starting price. 

• What does 'AutoBuy' mean?
    • Spoiler

image.png.193fac8552fb354cc59666e0265110b5.png

This is how much it costs to automatically win the piece. Not all pieces have an auto-buy amount, but if it does and you would like to auto-buy it, click the red 'AutoBuy' button on the listing to claim it!

This will take you immediately to checkout.

• How do I bid?
    • Spoiler

image.thumb.png.18a4b8084a976ab46de7ff57d43ea29a.png

Select the listing you would like to bid on, and click the green 'Bid' button. This will display the current bid on the piece, as well as the minimum amount you must place to bid on the piece. For example :

image.thumb.png.442b2ba0412f00d52ce2e29bab12e47f.png

this piece's current bid is at $45, and you must enter in at least $50 to bid. If your bid will exceed the seller's auto-buy amount, do not bid. Click the auto-buy button instead!

• I want to ask the auctioneer a question about their piece, where should I go?
    • Spoiler

Please click the 'Contact via PM' button on their listing. Do not contact sellers off-site!

• How do I pay when the auction ends and I'm the highest bidder?
    • Spoiler

When the auction ends, an invoice will be automatically sent to the winner. The winner will receive notification of this through their email, but they can also view their invoice in 'My Purchases' or 'My Orders'. 

Checkout only allows payment through PayPal or with credit/debit.

• How and when do I receive my piece?
    • Spoiler

This part hasn't changed too much! You will receive your piece after payment like normal, the auctioneer will contact you via PM to exchange the piece. Pieces must be exchanged within 48 hours of payment.

Have more questions? Send a PM to @Demon or @Anna!

DO NOT BID UNTIL THE AUCTION STARTS ON OCT. 14TH 7PM UTC

credit: banner

• Demon locked this topic