• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Trying to figure out what i can do here;;

24LAZPT

Question

Hi everyone!!

I joined the site few days ago!! Does anyone have any tips on what i could do here? Currently i decided to post art but im not quite sure how to join some communities haha

I orginally came from deviantART and then twitter and on dA there were some groups that would help me a little;; 

I'm really sorry if its a silly question! Not sure who i should ask beacuse none of my friends also have an account here haha

If you've read it, thank you very much!! I would love to get some tips/help

8 answers to this question

@24LAZPT

Welcome to Art Haven! So glad to have you with us. :keyes:

Rules/Wiki

There's a lot of things you can do here, but I would start out by getting familiar with the rules! It's not too much to go over and it's very important material. The Help Wiki is also abundant with guides and resources to help you along the way. 

Groups

There are a ton of communities/groups you can join too! These have their own little forums built into each individual group so feel free to poke around in there and join whatever suits your fancy. All forum rules apply here as well so keep that in mind! 

Custom / Premade Art Shops

If you want to sell your artwork here, you can create a Custom Art shop!

Alternatively, you can create premade artwork and sell that in an individual shop here or at the Premade Market

A wonderful guide for a successful shop, should you need one.

If your shop ever needs cleaning/restoring. 

Radar

The Radar is a cool spot to post status updates! You can advertise that new sale happening in your Custom Shop, tell that person how much you love their new WIP or just lurk- all up to you! 

On 3/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, 24LAZPT said:

how do i add descriptions

When submitting your piece to the gallery, you'll upload the image and click on the image you want to add a description to:

NKAIry4.png

You can also add tags, credit, copyright and mark it as mature. If you're at all unsure of what we consider Mature Content, check out Explicit Content under Posting Restrictions

If there's anything else you ever need help with, don't hesitate to message myself or another Forum Moderator

14 minutes ago, Vee said:

@24LAZPT

Welcome to Art Haven! So glad to have you with us. :keyes:

Rules/Wiki

There's a lot of things you can do here, but I would start out by getting familiar with the rules! It's not too much to go over and it's very important material. The Help Wiki is also abundant with guides and resources to help you along the way. 

Groups

There are a ton of communities/groups you can join too! These have their own little forums built into each individual group so feel free to poke around in there and join whatever suits your fancy. All forum rules apply here as well so keep that in mind! 

Custom / Premade Art Shops

If you want to sell your artwork here, you can create a Custom Art shop!

Alternatively, you can create premade artwork and sell that in an individual shop here or at the Premade Market

A wonderful guide for a successful shop, should you need one.

If your shop ever needs cleaning/restoring. 

Radar

The Radar is a cool spot to post status updates! You can advertise that new sale happening in your Custom Shop, tell that person how much you love their new WIP or just lurk- all up to you! 

When submitting your piece to the gallery, you'll upload the image and click on the image you want to add a description to:

NKAIry4.png

You can also add tags, credit, copyright and mark it as mature. If you're at all unsure of what we consider Mature Content, check out Explicit Content under Posting Restrictions

If there's anything else you ever need help with, don't hesitate to message myself or another Forum Moderator

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ill be sure to read everything few times!!!!!

Just now, Vee said:

My pleasure! There's much more at your disposal but honestly didn't want to overwhelm. :lazecry:It can definitely be a lot to jump into. 

Thank you so much!!! Its really helpful OTL also might i ask what DP is? Is it only like the size of the art? I have never encountered that word while i was on dA or twitter so im unsure ;;

15 minutes ago, 24LAZPT said:

Thank you so much!!! Its really helpful OTL also might i ask what DP is? Is it only like the size of the art? I have never encountered that word while i was on dA or twitter so im unsure ;;

DP stands for Display Picture! It's commonly used around here, a large majority of the userbase on Art Haven come from IMVU, where the profile pictures are named Display Pictures. Typically when someone asks for a DP crop or DP sized image, it means a 160x220 picture since those are the dimensions for an IMVU DP

You can find a really helpful terminology guide here: 

Just now, Vee said:

DP stands for Display Picture! It's commonly used around here, a large majority of the userbase on Art Haven come from IMVU, where the profile pictures are named Display Pictures. Typically when someone asks for a DP crop or DP sized image, it means a 160x220 picture since those are the dimensions for an IMVU DP

You can find a really helpful terminology guide here: 

OHHHHH SO THATS WHAT IT WAS
THANK YOU i've never played imvu so i had no idea SGDVHBDS thank you SOOO much for helping me out T__T 

49 minutes ago, 24LAZPT said:

OHHHHH SO THATS WHAT IT WAS
THANK YOU i've never played imvu so i had no idea SGDVHBDS thank you SOOO much for helping me out T__T 

You're welcome! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance! :blush:

Archived