Art Haven
  • Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

(Solved) Future of IMVU homepages: Announcement!

| Hi Everyone!

I'm Anna, one of the many homepage designers on IMVU. I'm not sure if everyone already heard about this or not, but i've already been informed by multiple of my customers and friends about a new apparent 'rule' of IMVU, that they will soon add in the TOS. This new change has been announced by multiple IMVU Staff members via VIP Chat.

According to this new rule, any non-IMVU link is not allowed in HTML descriptions on both homepages and product pages.  This is a huge hit - since all of use product pages, homepages etc. with lots of scripts, animations, images etc. and now apparently, outside links are NOT allowed. I'll keep updating this post of course, but i already contacted the other fellow homepage designers and we're all thinking on how to go around this huge hit, since this possibly means... no more adding of ANY outside links to your IMVU homepages and product pages.... 

Latest Updates: Currently one IMVU staff officially stated on the forums that they don't ban users who include external HTML/links etc.

However, for 2-3 days after this post was published, users continued to ask about the topic via Live Chat nd still received the information that HTML Links etc. aren't allowed....

More recent live chat transcriptions from users state the complete opposite: 'as long as the links do not violate our TOS they can be used'.

Confusion x1000. Now its all in the customer's hand and on their own risk if they want to have their homepages on or not i guess.

Update: Currently multiple live chat transcriptions and information from forum moderators confirm that third party links are allowed as long as they don't break the terms of service.

All users who got banned for wrongful links regarding the topic 'Wegrant' for badges got their accounts back!

Current Solutions:

- Make sure your page and product pages DONT include any non-IMVU links! 

- Upload your images / pictures in your IMVU albums and use the links from there as your image sources! Be aware, that the max. size of upload is 1024x1024 and 1MB.

More Links / Sources on the topic:

- IMVU Tickets in the Help Forum regarding this topic:

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002IT1OfCAL/nonimvu-links?language=en_US 

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002ISoTaCAL/

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002ISh85CAD/

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002IT1Of/nonimvu-links?language=en_US  (Closed for review, but will be opened later ????)

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002ITAayCAH/user-memo-imvu-policy-and-offsite-image-hosting?language=en_US (LATEST)

- Petition on this topic regarding the violation of IMVU's rules and banning of accounts 

https://www.change.org/p/imvu-imvu-creators-system-justice/

- Homepage designer @Amputate is unfortunately also one of the many victims of this new enforced 'rule'. Check her shop and post for more details about it.  Amputate got her account recovered! Woop♥

Tags:

@Gothlly @Nycky @Valen @gaf210

@Moderators @Lee @Pey @Vee: if this gets more serious, can we please have a general

announcement as FYI for users here? to make this point more visible since its quite important

Updates & Notes:

(This post will continue to be updated as soon as more information is known)

- Update 22/06/2021: Added petition link for badge-makers.

- Update 22/06/2021: Apparently many badge makers have gotten their IMVU accounts suspended permanently (banned) because of this.

- Update 22/06/2021:  Added two links to help topics related to the subject on the official IMVU forums. One of them contains a moderator's reply.

- Update 22/06/2021:  Added another link to a new IMVU ticket in the discussion thread talking about the subject. These seem to keep on getting closed without a clear reason.

- Update 22/06/2021:  Added the case of homepage designer Amputate's information on the banning & rules.

- Update 24/06/2021: Added IMVU Staff information on the forum + user confusion because of live chat ticket information that non-IMVU Links are still not allowed.

- Update 25/06/2021: Added a more recent IMVU Discussion topic on this subject that has been closed because of same reply in other discussion.

Update 29/06/2021: Apparently all wrongful banner users for badges on IMVU got their accounts back!

Edited by PopScream

Added information
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 3
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Unfortunately we are not affiliated in any way with IMVU and we have no control or input into their decision making process. It is highly unlikely that an announcement will be made regarding this due to the fact that many of our members do not use IMVU and we are not linked with the website. This section of the website was just made to accommodate people who sell this form of artwork. The only time an announcement would be made regarding something like this is if a rule crosses over to Art Haven and is being detrimental to the safety of a high proportion of our members. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely no clue whatsoever at this point. They still need to officially change the TOS first etc. But for now i'd advice to make your HP's private, maybe check for any outside link on the product pages as well.

no one on staff has even comment yet and i got alot of people telling me untill they see an update in terms of service there not going to belive it. but if alot of people are asking staff and staff is saying yeah it true it makes me wonder when are they going to update the terms of service and let people know since they already are baning people and the funny thing is there alot of imvu staff that had custom coding from custom makers and they coding leading the the facebook twitter and twitch for imvu =x= so 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Lolthie said:

but if alot of people are asking staff and staff is saying yeah it true it makes me wonder when are they going to update the terms of service and let people know since they already are baning people

this is tbh everything. Its so weird that staff keeps saying this is a new rule to people via VIP Chat and there's alot of proof on such conversations, even though there's no official IMVU announcement.

i don't think the petition will really do anything, unfortunately. i think years ago there was a petition to keep Art Haven/hbad forums and that never went through. a huge business ran website like imvu won't look at its users and decide that they want to keep external things nor keep in mind about the dmcas they have. they just want to protect themselves and not the users; never think it was for the users to begin with. plus i think this was bound to happen regardless with the direction imvu is going anyway. sucks but what else can you really do

3 hours ago, Nycky said:

imvu staff just clarified about it

@RigsK (IMVU Staff) 
Hi All,
I just checked with the team and we do not ban users for including html and linking to external sites on their home pages or product  page.

Captura-de-Pantalla-2021-06-23-a-la-s-12

https://help.imvu.com/s/question/0D54p00002IT1OfCAL/nonimvu-links?language=en_US

But why did they ban Amputate tho?? She didn't do nothing wrong

Incredibly disappointing. I've always ordered custom homepages for my accounts and I know many other creators and players have as well. Seeing my page be taken down is pretty annoying since it was something that I not only paid money for, but was artwork done by an artist. I cannot even imagine the annoyance right now for all the people who code homepages, banners, product pages, etc, seeing as it is a way of receiving income as well. I really hope there can be some sort of solution or more information from VU soon.

I feel that, regardless if Art Haven has all IMVU members or not, I think an announcement could be taken into consideration seeing as quite many of AH members are IMVU users. It doesn't have to be this big thing but maybe something on the homepage somewhere reading: "For IMVU users" for example.  Just an idea of course. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bezyy said:

Incredibly disappointing. I've always ordered custom homepages for my accounts and I know many other creators and players have as well. Seeing my page be taken down is pretty annoying since it was something that I not only paid money for, but was artwork done by an artist. I cannot even imagine the annoyance right now for all the people who code homepages, banners, product pages, etc, seeing as it is a way of receiving income as well. I really hope there can be some sort of solution or more information from VU soon.

I feel that, regardless if Art Haven has all IMVU members or not, I think an announcement could be taken into consideration seeing as quite many of AH members are IMVU users. It doesn't have to be this big thing but maybe something on the homepage somewhere reading: "For IMVU users" for example.  Just an idea of course. 

Absolutely Bezzy. Even a small highlight or something would do much since this is quite news for everyone on IMVU, especially the part of users that use IMVU, which i still think its quite high.

13 hours ago, Sayai said:

I have talked to her directly and its exactly that. She got banned for having 'fraudulent links' but IMVU still didnt clarify here how, where why and when. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sayai said:

Yeah, as popscream said. I was banned for fradulant links but they won't explain to me what these links were because I KNOW I never posted a fraudulent link, and it seems weird they make this new rule of no third party links around the time this mass ban starts happening. It's very sus and IMVU won't explain anything.

Years ago IMVU did this thing where they were banning creators for small mess ups that people didn't know was against the rules and creators were getting banned left and right. IMVU claimed it WASN'T that reason they were banning people but it turns out they were. They were just lying. So I'm not believing anything IMVU staff says until they're clearer. Plus if all live chat staff are saying it's "not allowed" but RigsK is saying it's not banable, then what's the point of telling everyone it's not allowed? It might as well be allowed if no one is supposedly going to get in trouble. It all just sounds sketchy and sus. And some life chat people have said it hasn't been added to the TOS YET or "isn't fully implemented YET" so that means it will be enforced in the future.

• Sad 1

i kept telling a few friend this seems fishy coming out on imvu staff side since they keep acting this way. and the from on imvu help got closed. cause someone posted screenshoots. "Cause you can't share them.' More likely cause it shows there saying something priavte and something eles in public. them is way way to fishy. 

19 hours ago, PopScream said:

Absolutely Bezzy. Even a small highlight or something would do much since this is quite news for everyone on IMVU, especially the part of users that use IMVU, which i still think its quite high.

I have talked to her directly and its exactly that. She got banned for having 'fraudulent links' but IMVU still didnt clarify here how, where why and when. 

IMVU has a strange habit of not giving information to users about THEIR accounts.
My main account, Owoce, had gotten banned and when I inquired about further information regarding the reason they told me "for security reasons, we cannot further explain." even with having all the proof in the world that I owned that account.

Posted (edited)

Update:

Apparently multiple users are getting the information via Live Chat with Staff that third party links are allowed as long as they don't break the Terms of Regulations and they only take proactive actions when offenses are reported. I think we have the greenlight to continue with our badges and product pages now! 

Edited by PopScream
  • Like 2