• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

I have questions!

Question

Hello! I'm brand new here. I found arthaven through a random post on deviantart. I really don't know anything about this place, so I've got a few questions... I apologize if the answers are right in front of me and I missed them... BUT HERE GOES.

What exactly is arthaven? Is it a place for all kinds of art? Specific kinds? I see a lot of pretty girl style images and IMVU stuff... is that the main interest here or is there room for other stuff too?

When/why was arthaven made? Who made it? 

I've also somewhat browsed the shops and have seen "premade" stuff... what exactly is that? Just art made without the input of a commissioner?

...I'm sure I'll have more questions, but thanks in advance for your time  so far <3

4 answers to this question

Hello there, and welcome to Art Haven! We are glad to have you. :byaslove:

1: What exactly is Art Haven?

- Art haven is a community for art lovers, art makers and everyone in between! There is no specific kind of art that this website is geared to. It did start off as place for IMVU art back in the day but since then we have branched out to house all different kinds of art! 

2: When/why was Art Haven made? / who made it?

- That is a complex question. This site has gone thru many owners and even names!~ Here is a link about the history in more depth that I am able to explain~

- Currently @ Caedis and @ Baahare the two coordinators in charge! 

3: Premade stuffs

- The premade market is a place for creators to sell work that they made on their own, like as you said, without the input from a commissioner. Some artists find it helpful to be able to practice new styles or just whatever they feel like drawing. The premade market allows them to sell such things!

3 hours ago, Lee said:

Hello there, and welcome to Art Haven! We are glad to have you. :byaslove:

1: What exactly is Art Haven?

- Art haven is a community for art lovers, art makers and everyone in between! There is no specific kind of art that this website is geared to. It did start off as place for IMVU art back in the day but since then we have branched out to house all different kinds of art! 

2: When/why was Art Haven made? / who made it?

- That is a complex question. This site has gone thru many owners and even names!~ Here is a link about the history in more depth that I am able to explain~

- Currently @ Caedisand @ Baahare the two coordinators in charge! :cutehehehaaas:

3: Premade stuffs

- The premade market is a place for creators to sell work that they made on their own, like as you said, without the input from a commissioner. Some artists find it helpful to be able to practice new styles or just whatever they feel like drawing. The premade market allows them to sell such things!

Thanks so much! I think that answers all the questions I have for now. I appreciate you

To piggyback off of what Miss Lee was saying, Art Haven is a digital marketplace for artists and buyers/enthusiasts alike. Like many other art websites, we do tend to see various trends and our artists often create artwork in a wide variety of themes and styles. There is a sizable market for, what is referred to as, IMVU DP size. This just refers to a smaller canvas that is 160x220 px. However, we are not affiliated with IMVU in anyway, so this reference is for canvas size only. We encourage our artists to branch out and try new styles, techniques, and canvas sizes. As a buyer, you’ll notice that you have many fabulous artists to choose from! As previously mentioned, Art Haven began as a forum on IMVU, however, as time went on and the desire for other types of artwork grew, we moved off of IMVU, created a website, and expanded our marketplaces. Since moving we now have shops that offer large canvas sizes, graphic design work for websites, profile themes for sites that allow profile customization, and even Twitch/streaming screens and other profile graphics. We’ve had a total of 3 previous owners, with the previous 2 owning the site for the longest. They are the 2 wonderful people who have been the driving force behind what Art Haven is and represents today. Premades are similar to the adoptables on Deviant Art in the sense that both are pre-made characters that are ready to be sold to buyers. The only difference is that a premade may be a bust or waist up instead of a full body.

3 hours ago, Caedis said:

To piggyback off of what Miss Lee was saying, Art Haven is a digital marketplace for artists and buyers/enthusiasts alike. Like many other art websites, we do tend to see various trends and our artists often create artwork in a wide variety of themes and styles. There is a sizable market for, what is referred to as, IMVU DP size. This just refers to a smaller canvas that is 160x220 px. However, we are not affiliated with IMVU in anyway, so this reference is for canvas size only. We encourage our artists to branch out and try new styles, techniques, and canvas sizes. As a buyer, you’ll notice that you have many fabulous artists to choose from! As previously mentioned, Art Haven began as a forum on IMVU, however, as time went on and the desire for other types of artwork grew, we moved off of IMVU, created a website, and expanded our marketplaces. Since moving we now have shops that offer large canvas sizes, graphic design work for websites, profile themes for sites that allow profile customization, and even Twitch/streaming screens and other profile graphics. We’ve had a total of 3 previous owners, with the previous 2 owning the site for the longest. They are the 2 wonderful people who have been the driving force behind what Art Haven is and represents today. Premades are similar to the adoptables on Deviant Art in the sense that both are pre-made characters that are ready to be sold to buyers. The only difference is that a premade may be a bust or waist up instead of a full body.

Ooh, thank you as well! I feel a lot more comfortable posting with this knowledge under my belt. I'm super excited, I've been looking for new art communities for a while now.

Archived