Art Haven
A Friendly Reminder for the Community: Selling Artwork is NOT Allowed in the Gallery! ×
  • Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

[2022] Art Haven's 10th Year Anniversary!

divider.png

06' was the year it all started. A forum created within the limits of IMVU with an objective, of allowing members to buy, sell and request artwork related to their usage of IMVU, after years of neglect by the IMVU staff, unresolved issues and a rumor of IMVU threatening of shutting down the forum, a group from the community decided to create an off-site forum, away from IMVU.

In 2012, " G A S R " was born on Forumotion and lead by the very members who were involved within the community itself and understood its needs. This is where our truly story begins. In two years time, the popularity of " G A S R " increased, the demands for services flourished, and so in 2014, the barrier holding us back was lifted ! Members no longer needed to have a connection to the IMVU website to be part of this ever-growing family. The community was no longer gated and cuffed, rather opened to welcome artists of all platforms and all affiliations, displaying their works proudly.

By the time we celebrated our fifth year, a new set of issues appeared as a strong barrier for our development, between staff changes, neglect, and the crippling control of Forumotion, 2016 was not our best year, and this had to change !

GASR - 2012   GASR - 2013   GASR - 2014

Thankfully by the start of 2017, initiation was taken to improve the situation, a staff with fresh perspective, experience and knowledge, the idea of a rebranding thrown around, and enough motivation to break free from the restrains of Forumotion, to be able to self-host, a dream come true in August 2017. [gasrforum.net] saw the light of day as an independent community.

Our artistic vines, the shared love for crafts quickly found it's way far and wide across the internet, we were no longer "That IMVU forum" but an active website, encouraging artists to not only sell, but display their art for the world to see. Feature after feature, our site bloomed into a proper platform able to host and grow everyday just a bit more. "G A S R" no longer felt right, the dream of rebranding, became reality, and in 2019 Art Haven is born once more, from the ashes risen.

The journey started here, facing many challenges, our staff was able to overcome them, creating an ever-blooming community, rising in popularity and traffic, from buyers, sellers , even art lovers here to support and grow our family !

divider.png

GASR - 2015   image-2015-2.png

In celebration of Art Haven's 10 years anniversary, we have put together a special event where you can participate in various activities to collect points and earn rewards! There will be a total of 10 award badges that can be earn by participating in these activities!

To keep it simple and easy for everyone to join in, we will ask you to claim a post and place all your submissions into one post. You can do as many activities as you want in one go or take your time and do it throughout the duration of the event. We will check the topic daily and update points accordingly but the final points will be updated at the end of the event. As long as you are able to submit your entries before the topic is locked, it will be counted! 

image-2016.png  image-2017-1.png 

divider.png

header-rules.png

deco.png Everyone in the community can participate! 
deco.png Please claim one post to hold all of your activity entries. Make a spoiler for each activity and label it accordingly. 
deco.png You do not have to participate in every single activity but keep in mind that you need to earn certain points to unlock a badge.
deco.png You will receive all the badges you unlock. For example: If you receive 10 points (meaning you participated in 10 activities), you will receive badges 7 and 8.
deco.png For art related activities, we will accept art that is made by you and it is not a traced, copied, or heavy referenced. If you used stock images/vectors, please credit accordingly.
deco.png Keep the open ended question activities professional
deco.png You may not sell anything made for this event.

header-dates.png

June 12, 2022

to

July 22, 2022

image-2017-ah.png

divider.png

header-rewards.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
redbadge.png.43314925862b6beb8b0434cbd7c orangebadge.png.88da9a0fa6f97cdc7fca1992 image.png.bdd9b8d9eac6d6283e751edc1164bd BrowserPreview_tmp.gif.bbd33d248314e918a image.png.a025efec014f7b72943c09309cf6e8 badgee-blue-v2.png.de111136ff8984d8b6abe badge-galaxy.png.bb9f193443f27a78628898b blurplebadge.png image.png.48249c6409cee0872d262425a02402 badge-mystery.png

How to earn the badges:

Badge 1: Making a post in this topic!

Badge 2: Complete the first art activity
Badge 3: Complete the second art activity
Badge 4: Complete the third art activity
Badge 5: Complete the fourth art activity

Badge 6: Complete the fifth art activity
Badge 7: Complete 5 activities earning 5 points
Badge 8: Complete 10 activities earning 10 points
Badge 9: Complete 15 activities earning 15 points
Badge 10: Complete all activities earning 20 points

This badge will be made by a member!

• Like 4

divider.png

Below is the list of activities that you can participate for this celebration. Please claim ONE post and keep all your entries/answers in that post. You may make another post to ask questions or you can contact an Event Coordinator for more information. There will be a five art related activities that will earn you a badge and a point towards another badge. Remember, you do not have to be an artist to participate in the art related activities! We embrace all kinds of creativity and will accept any kind of submissions as long as it follows the rules and the prompt. 

header-activities.png

deco.png Decorate the post you claim in celebration of this event! Make the post fancy with tables or gifs, click for an example! 
deco.png Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression.
deco.png Were you here when it was still "G A S R" ? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!
deco.png If you're an artist: Show us the first artwork you made when you first joined Art Haven and show us the most recent artwork you've done, or redraw the first artwork! 
If you're a buyer: show us the first artwork you purchased and the most recent purchase. If you don't remember which one, it can be within the first year of joining Art Haven/Art Haven!
deco.png Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite.

deco.png If there's one thing you'd like to see on Art Haven, what would it be?
deco.png Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven? 

deco.png What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)
deco.png How would you describe Art Haven in one sentence or less?
deco.png Advice / words of encouragement for any newcomers (artists, supporters, appreciators, etc.) and/or upcoming artists.
deco.png Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc?
deco.png Tell us about the OC's you've made/bought since you've been here that is your absolute favorite!
deco.png What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?
deco.png What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined?
deco.png Do you use other websites/social medias to sell/purchase art? If yes, can you compare what you like about them compare to Art Haven? If no, why do you prefer Art Haven to other places?

divider.png

Below are the art-related activities. Each art activity will come with it's own rules. Please read carefully and follow the directions! You may be able to earn more rewards by completing an art activity! If you are not able to do these activities because you're not an artist or do not have the time, it's okay we have provided alternatives below. You can mix and match which activities you would like to do. For example: you can draw an emote for your first art activity and then make site banner suggestion for the third "art" activities.

header-art.png

Draw us an emote!

Staff favorites will be added to the website.

deco.png Must be at least 100x100 pixels
deco.png Can be anything as long as it is appropriate
deco.png Must be colored and original art

Design the 10th badge of this event!

Staff will pick the winner and they will receive 6 months of Elite and their choice of a gift card!

deco.png Must be 40x40 pixels
deco.png Must be related to Art Haven and/or the 10th year anniversary
deco.png Must be a pixel design and colored

Design us a site banner!

If we use your banner, you will receive either Elite and/or free advertisement space! 

deco.png Must be 1920x300 pixels
deco.png Can be any theme as long as it is appropriate
deco.png May use free to use vectors/stock images, just provide credits!
deco.png Must say "Art Haven" some where on the design

Draw Pablob! 

It can be Pablob partying, celebrating LGBTQ, trick-o-treating, anything your imagination takes you!

deco.png It can be any shape, form, color, theme. Here's a visual ref of Pablob: https://arthaven.co/profile/1305-pablob/
deco.png It can be any type of artwork: digital, traditional, pixel, etc
deco.png You can draw a background or keep it a transparent

Color Pablob!

We will put together a banner and/or wallpaper of all entries at the end of the event!

deco.png Must have at least 2 completed coloring pages
deco.png Must have a transparent background unless printed
deco.png You may print it out and color it by hand! (you don't have to worry about a transparent background if you're doing this method.)

568987054_anniblob1.png.f94490bfe91b24f9 888762096_anniblob.png.eb8a924fd21b3f91e 290085842_anniblob2.png.bc3547efc57d94dd image.png.44c83161089a521de3bbf7016faa5d image.png.903dcacfda138542bc9a114d57c7df
Strawberry Blobcake Party Monstah Celebration Cakster Party Blobs Howdy Blob

divider.png

header-altn.png

Below are alternatives to the art related activities for non-artists to participate in and earn the designated badge! Keep in mind that these are a little more time consuming as they are replacing art activities. However, you will not be earning the extra prizes as that is strictly for those who completed the art activities; but don't worry! You will still earn the badge for completing these activities!

Suggest emotes!

What kind of emote would you like to use on Art Haven?

deco.png Must have at least 3 emote suggestions
deco.png Provide 5-10 references/examples of your suggestions

deco.png This will replace Art Activity 1 "Draw an emote"

Suggest the 10th badge design!

What should the grand prize look like after completing all 20 activities!?

deco.png Must have at least 3 suggestions
deco.png Provide 5-10 references/examples of your suggestions

deco.png This will replace Art Activity 3 "Design the 10th badge"

Suggest site banner ideas!

What kind of banner would you like to see when you visit Art Haven? Here's your chance to let us know!

deco.png Must have at least 3 theme suggestions
deco.png Provide 5-10 references/examples of your suggestions and/or a moodboard for each of the suggestion

deco.png This will replace Art Activity 3 "Design a site banner"

Write a story about Pablob! 

It can be Pablob in any setting, scene, adventure, etc.

deco.png Must be at least 2-3 paragraphs long
deco.png Must have a beginning, middle, and end to the story

deco.png It can include staff members, other AH mascots, artists, and/or members on Art Haven

deco.png This will replace Art Activity 4 "Draw Pablob"

divider.png

header-participants.png

deco.png Astro 卌 卌 I

deco.png Sayai

deco.png Ghibli 卌 卌 I

deco.png Nycky 卌 卌

deco.png happy_winnie_garden

deco.png Sanrio

deco.png Morrissette 

deco.png Atlas 卌 卌 III

deco.png Fervent

deco.png Emty 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Incendiary 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Quchi 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Pey

deco.png Challie 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Milkpaw 卌 卌 卌 卌 

deco.png Trash 卌 卌 卌

deco.png calnite 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Dracula 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Solaire

deco.png LocuProjects 卌 卌 卌 I

deco.png Astronomy

deco.png Cappster 卌 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Hiroki

deco.png Moan 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Scorpsgeti 卌 卌 卌

deco.png

deco.png

deco.png Unarm 

deco.png ExDies 卌 卌 卌

deco.png bruna 

deco.png Careworn 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Creepiest

deco.png TheWildOne 卌 卌

deco.png Kosmicmood 卌 卌 卌

deco.png Yandere

deco.png Rott

deco.png Sel 卌 I

deco.png ristellise

deco.png dwrhmi 卌 卌 I

deco.png Kate 卌 卌 卌

deco.png DivineYumi 卌 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Lemon

deco.png LiLMooMoo 卌 卌 II

deco.png LazyJangmi 卌 卌 卌 I

deco.png McDolly 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Vee

deco.png Alex

deco.png Baah

deco.png Flix 卌 卌 IIII

deco.png Bellosom 卌  卌  卌 II

deco.png LiGrim 卌 卌 卌 II

deco.png

deco.png

divider.png

image-ty.png

• Like 10

Happy 10th Year Anniversary Art Haven!

It's been a wild ride in the last ten years, but here we are still thriving and growing!

I hope everyone will take the time out and come celebrate this moment with us! :blove:

confetti-celebration.gif

Fun fact: If you click on the images, you can see how :gasrpriderevamp:/Art Haven looked in the past!

Another fun fact: If you type "G A S R" (no spaces), it will autocorrect to Art Haven! :hee:

• Like 5

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ART HAVEN!! It’s crazy how it just felt like we celebrated 5 years not too long ago. also RIP :gasrpriderevamp:  lol

I can’t wait to see what it’s going to look like in the next few years!

:pblushing:

this is as fancy as I can get a table to be :lazecry: lol

Happy 10th Anniversary                                              

Art Haven!

Anime Gifs (Loops & Edits)

Activity 1: Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression. (might over-share this one a bit hehe)

Spoiler

I first joined AH back in 2014. I had a friend on IMVU that recommended me to come here if I wanted DP art because mine was looking homemade and BUSTED lol. I originally just planned on buying one piece from the artist they recommended and being done with it. I then noticed a lot of other talented artists and started almost collecting pieces from them at that point. Around 2017 is when it became almost a daily thing where I log in to see a new art delivery. I would say 2017 is really when I started diving into the community.

At the time, my first impression was a bit all over the place. I never felt unwelcomed or anything like that but there were lots of rumors and drama surrounding the staff and some popular artists at the time on Tumblr (is that still poppin'? i haven't touched that site in ages LOL). After the site rework and helping out with it as a Beta tester as well as the first ever :gasrpriderevamp: magazine, I realized all the stuff I was shown via Tumblr about the staff was false. They were crazy friendly to me and that was the point of no return for me. I have been on almost daily since then with only small breaks in-between as I was dealing with a toxic relationship and hair school. 

As of June 2021, I joined the staff team. While I still struggle with being shy around them (due to my own trauma), they have always made me feel welcome and supported. I've never really fit in anyone online, on AH or IMVU, but I finally feel like I have a place where I belong and feel wanted.

Alright that's my ramble for today. Sorry if you've gotten this far LOL.

Activity 2: Were you here when it was still :gasrpriderevamp:? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!

Spoiler

Yes!! I think Ah has been through a lot community wise. I feel like back in 2014-2018 is was very drama-centered to the point I, someone who didn't talk to anyone on here outside of ordering art, noticed. In 2020, I noticed a big shift in community changes. It seemed like there was a lot less rumors/drama and a lot more interesting events popping up. Tbh i've been on constantly since then and love the community! I'm very excited to see the next stages of AH and all the new updates!!!

Activity 3: If you're a buyer: show us the first artwork you purchased and the most recent purchase. If you don't remember which one, it can be within the first year of joining Art Haven/Art Haven!

Spoiler

oh jeez, now I gotta search my IMVU photos LOL:

Snap_4Ptfu8uzwV1953896070.png.906967830e41ad44df2f334af2dda567.png

oof even with my old IMVU name. LOL! It's still super cute. Artist: old username was Banned, not sure what they go by now.

my most recent fav is this one:

05_astro.thumb.jpg.e6382a30fcdc067e0fd0559637a48843.jpg

it's a picture of my fiance and I's DND characters with our IRL baby girl, Eevee. Artist: Ubekeyk

Activity 4: Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite.

Spoiler

Def the ones above ^ 

My most favorite piece of all time is this one:

02.thumb.jpg.95e744fad02c0cddcd07f76f51644285.jpg

There's not really any meaning behind it other than the aesthetic and everything about it was just so spot on. Even the kitty's expression I mean LOOK AT IT LOL. Ubekeyk always more than impresses me with their art and I love how they capture each of my OCs

Another Fav:

any piece by Yeorin hehe

yeorinusethisone.gif.4fa72d79b128e43281c4da4c7f819cd4.gifdesfbx9-5f9c16e3-08b5-49ad-976b-8113fdd1f63e.gif.ec4bbcafa01911ddc493b7a778fdf63d.gifDP.gif.dd2b9d1ac8da5809b12dc268327ab6fc.gif.054fc71355c8a2003f8a1b0344f0fdd4.gifdetzmum-8c792f72-e3af-4fc2-97d2-a25165bdf2b1.gif.64c23ea1d6b7383494e2ae7e343045b0.gifdeutmbd-aa865ad8-ae25-4f5c-abde-d9dc8195ae46.gif.8bc4403d1740a69761eab928a43f1288.gif

idk what to say other than CHEFS KISS. I've been a fan of their art for a long time so I've def been on a bit of a Yeo-spree lately lol

obs there is a lot more artists I love and shout out too everyone who has done art for me!! i have cherished every piece and oc:blove:

Activity 5: Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven? 

Spoiler

Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven? 

THIS IS SUCH A HARD QUESTION ASSDGJKFL;SDLLF;

In no order: ubekeyk, yeorin, lynn, shnookums, & kittenspell

Activity 6: What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)

Spoiler

Tbh any event that is writing or non-artist orientated is always up my ally! I've never been super talented in the art department other than acrylic pouring (cuz it's easy LMAO). Like this one! I love writing so I would love to see more writing events and coloring book pages for sure!!

Activity 7: Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc?

Spoiler

Listen... I'm very very shy lol. I've always struggled making friends ever since getting bullied in middle school (sad music plays LOL). While I can't say i've made a big group of close friends, I can say that I've made a hand full and I have been getting better at talking and stating my opinion when it's needed from the staff. I would love to make those personal relationships grow more, and the only thing stopping me is myself. 

Activity 8: Tell us about the OC's you've made/bought since you've been here that is your absolute favorite!

Spoiler

Oof it's hard to choose. One that's been around since 2017 is Rain:

yeorinusethisone.gif.4fa72d79b128e43281c4da4c7f819cd4.gifctsm_astro_dp.gif.1b49d38b385276616a8c135a5f5e10ed.gifdem9j04-8bc8efd6-2e85-4968-a636-f637658d7398.png.97b674de4487002b511d19ab3e200eae.png

1. yeorin                              2. ubekeyk                        3. mint

She's a cutie alien girl designed by Chai here on AH. She's been the most consistent OC that has been around the longest and that I still use. and I can't have the name Astro without some cute alien OCs!!! lmao

Activity 9: What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?

Spoiler

Joining the staff team for sure. I was always pressuring myself to make friends on here and I thought the best way to do it was through applying for a staff position. BOY WAS THAT THE RIGHT MOVE. lol As I have said above, I still struggle internally with being shy and guarded. I'm hoping to become more open to new experiences and people and therapy has been helping a lot for that. I'm just excited for AH's new adventures and seeing where it takes us!

Activity 10: What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined?

Spoiler

NAH lol. I am a big ol' anime fiend and it hasn't stopped or slowed down LMAO. Now, I just have the anime bbs tattooed, that's the only difference. :fingerguns: 

[ coloring page hopefully here ]

• Like 9

:byaslove:  Happy 10th Anniversary :byaslove:

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Activity 1
Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression.

Spoiler

Oh god, it has been 9 years since I entered this forum so i don't remember very well, but I discovered it through a friend who had recently started doing dpedit and I immediately found myself well in the forum, good and helpful comunity. 

Activity 2
Were you here when it was still "G A S R" ? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!

Spoiler

Yes i was here :hee: I like how it has improved over the years, I am very proud! I love how the community keeps growing and I love seeing new artists and members and see so many different drawing styles

Activity 3
If you're an artist: Show us the first artwork you made when you first joined Art Haven and show us the most recent artwork you've done, or redraw the first artwork!

Spoiler

unfortunately I lost all my old art from 2013 until 2015 so i don't have the very first draw but this is one of the older ones I have
2016 :

Kay.jpg.163f59658e9e7a9918680978d0533123.jpg476738050_ArtistJourney-DP-Template-Copia-Copia.png.9f1370042f7f95e159755a1dcbe577a7.png

Now :
Irene.png.f8ea7290c477257835a3aa858768f8b9.pngBabie.png.2671c3243e47c6fc853322cd0cb937ef.png

If you're a buyer: show us the first artwork you purchased and the most recent purchase. If you don't remember which one, it can be within the first year of joining Art Haven/Art Haven!

Spoiler

I believe this is one of the first artworks i buy in the forum

Ellyn.jpg.ae2c435ec8a89bff647330ddafc54236.jpg

And this is the recent one

image.png.a8867c2cad72d040090d7345ceed785c.png

Activity 4

Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite.

Spoiler

This is one of my favorite artwork because I have so many favorites and it's hard to choose, the reason is because i love the face and i'm in love with Pey art, it's a great artist
txt.png.9d3ef8c0e7d6f582.png.502413268f10a9a2c23d55d9aca65d27.png
And this is my Oc Nea, art from Trash I love how it turned out

Trash.png.8225ebada18f5b733ea07c99f94335f8.png

Activity 4

If there's one thing you'd like to see on Art Haven, what would it be?

Spoiler

I really love to see theme auction, i remember they did one with the flowers time ago and i really like the idea

Activity 5

Spoiler

Hard to choose but here my top 5 favourite, really love the style ♥
 @Astronomy @Pey @Kneck @ Shnookums @Lunna

Activity 6

What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)

Spoiler

Every year i really love the hunting event, keep my brain alive :eue: and i learn more thing everytime since english is not my mother language

Activity 7
Advice / words of encouragement for any newcomers (artists, supporters, appreciators, etc.) and/or upcoming artists.

Spoiler

This place is for everyone, I came here as an art lover because I hated my drawings and slowly I learned with the help of other people to improve my drawings.

So i can say never give up if you like to draw and in this forum you can learn so much about drawing and make new friends with your passion 

Activity 8

Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc?

Spoiler

I met a lot of people and I am part of a great group on discord

Activity 9

Tell us about the OC's you've made/bought since you've been here that is your absolute favorite!

Spoiler

I think this is the first one Oc i made, her name is Amy

it's a shy girl :hee:

Lunna.png.d1c920987561a9e39d08d4158d981985.png2015445658_Howlife-Copiaa.png.760b8209068d22b0ed59465fc958e439.pngDucktaped.jpg.37912b8f7a1fcba7a11f3569b5a37cfe.jpg

Activity 10

What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?

Spoiler

My best memory is when i request a art form my oc and watch the result i'm so excited everytime or make art for someone

Activity 11
What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined?

Spoiler

i'm not picky, i really love all the art style and and it's been like that since I've been here, really like watch and have my oc's with different style

Activity 12

Do you use other websites/social medias to sell/purchase art? If yes, can you compare what you like about them compare to Art Haven? If no, why do you prefer Art Haven to other places?

Spoiler

No, i prefer use ArtHaven, I rarely do a drawing or two in an auction on a discord group

Edited by ExDies
  • Like 5

Happy anniversary art haven!
 Hayao Miyazaki Ghibli GIF by Spirited Away

Activity 1:Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression

Spoiler

I joined Art Haven back in 2015 when the old website was up after finding out that their is an actual website and art community that existed.  It was really cool to find a place where i could meet others like myself. a few months before joining art haven i had started ordering art from a couple of friends but i wasn't fully aware of the community and website existing as a whole. My first impression was i genuinely didn't understand how to use the site and it took a lot of browsing and learning from seeing how others did things. It was a bit intimidating at the time but after i while i got used to it ( a while being about a year into having an account lol)

Acivity 2: Were you here when it was still :gasrpriderevamp:? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!

Spoiler

Yes! i was  i feel like the community has grown massively since it was first Art Haven. The staff have always been friendly but it's great to see more events hosted and everyone just all around being a safe space for art buyers and artists alike

Activity 3:  show us the first artwork you purchased and the most recent purchase. If you don't remember which one, it can be within the first year of joining Art Haven/Art Haven!

Spoiler

My very first piece from Art Haven i believe was this one? if not it was one of my first pieces. its from an artist i don't believe has a account. 
Snap_S5dvqzSdjO243845776.jpg.bbe8d88ac388e181b85917ddf18a29c8.jpg

my latest one i just got would be this one! from our very talented artist @Lid
 ghibli3AM.jpg.fc4ac75c2b5b1652e8126dbecfb69048.jpg

Actvity 4: Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite. 

Spoiler

it's really hard to pick a favorite but these three are my favorite pieces i have purchased off of here . the first by Ayumi it is one of a more recent piece i got it last year but it was such a pleasure working with her on a piece. She is one artist i look up to and she is so kind to talk to about anything even if you are having a really tough time in general.  the second piece is by my very talented friend Baah. it was my very first piece i ever bought from here and it is part of what started to make our friendship bloom, to this  day i still am so very thankful to be good friends with her and have the oppurtunity to watch her art continue to get better and better. the last is by Krovav one of yet another my favorite artists. i get very picky with artists doing dark styled ocs yet he always nails it and he is so patient and great to work with.
1080705853_36670603_NBhpJYZJIhhovGu(4).gif.35863b68b6f98440a0c420a130722c11.gif
bybbdykz.png.f32ac435173f08c0bc98df0969515688.png
zettu1221.jpg.0de5416337ecf8248c65186323cadfe5.jpg.2eb4d48850543ae009bf8c9a76318e4e.jpg

Activity 5: Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven? 

Spoiler

My top five favorite artists on this site (excuse the tags <3) areee
- @Lid
- @Ayumi
- @Ephemera
- @Krovav
- @princepol

Activity 6:  What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)

Spoiler

my all time favorite event has been the LGBTQ one every june. i love seeing everyone being so supportive of those who have come out and even those are still in the closet. its so nice to be able to have a safe space to discuss coming out stories and show support all month long

Acivity 7: Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc? 

Spoiler

i ended up making a couple new friends from here and from discord servers that have been posted here. i tend to be super anxious and shy so it's always a struggle but the friends i have made have been really sweet

Activity 8: Tell us about the OC's you've made/bought since you've been here that is your absolute favorite! 

Spoiler

My all time favorite oc i have made myself would be my fox girl Kitt. She is a shy little bean that adores her cats and partner with all her tiny lil being.
44401915_Sm7rrotAF1ELkIM.png.dd67abe757dcb9c7264f6fc7c5fb86e4.png  1906191007_30360143_aAhRDeG9ycgfEQ1(2).png.fda236449050b6c37bf64758533377d8.png 236782125_39192524_ws8WKenwLI0bcgE(2).gif.c39f60d64970d126e7538413a4874e18.gif
 by Kyut                                  by Crima                              by xerx

Activity 9: What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?  

Spoiler

i don't entirely have one honestly the whole experince on art haven has mostly been positive and good

Activity 10: What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined? 

Spoiler

i generally go for anime style type art it's more of a comfort style for me i guess but lately i have been admiring chibis a ton they are just too cute

Activity 11:  

Do you use other websites/social medias to sell/purchase art? If yes, can you compare what you like about them compare to Art Haven? If no, why do you prefer Art Haven to other places?

Spoiler

i don't really no. i occasionally browse Discord servers where art is sold and Deviantart but i mainly buy and order art off here

my neighbor totoro ghibli GIF

Edited by Ghibli

doing all the activities whooo
  • Like 8

Snap_xPjBjy55ZH505208599.png

A C T I V I T Y   1

Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression

Spoiler

I joined when imvu removed the Art Haven forums and I liked the practicality of editing similar to what I did in forums and with more alternatives to be able to decorate my store

A C T I V I T Y   2

Were you here when it was still "G A S R" ? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven

Spoiler

Yes, I was there from the beginning and I feel that the growth has been barbaric since now it is more focused on all kinds of art.

A C T I V I T Y  3

If you're an artist: Show us the first artwork you made when you first joined Art Haven and show us the most recent artwork you've done, or redraw the first artwork! 

Spoiler

Snap_8LtU0yiqJq358606003.jpg

Before

150548014_1576317868626a26e5828c2.png

Now

A C T I V I T Y   4

Spoiler

more emote to be able to decorate the messages more ^_^

A C T I V I T Y   5

How would you describe Art Haven in one sentence or less?

Spoiler

a place where art grows

A C T I V I T Y   6

Advice / words of encouragement for any newcomers (artists, supporters, appreciators, etc.) and/or upcoming artists.

Spoiler

as an artist we make mistakes along the way but perseverance makes our art evolve Fighting!!! ^_^

A C T I V I T Y   7

What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?

the moment I opened my first shop here and it felt like a safe and friendly place to sell my art

A C T I V I T Y   8

What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined?

Normally I draw Layout for imvu and Display Picture, if my art has changed to describe it I would say that now it is soft and cute

A C T I V I T Y  9

I prefer Art Haven because it is a place where there are only art buyers and artists and in other places there are many people who are not interested in art at all and do not appreciate it

ART ACTIVITIES COMING SOON

Edited by Nycky
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghibli said:

also asking this in here while i claim this post how to fix the spoiler text  to say what the example picture said lol will edit out after i get help ;w;

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.. but hopefully these gifs will explain it better! You can't really edit the text on the spoiler itself. And it will look different while you're editing the post compare to when you hit submit/save!

This is how it looks when you're editing it:

512996907e787cff4252495fa6c20132.gif

This is how it will look once you hit submit!

1a8cb6dfa928c4b05d69d6512e196409.gif

Hopefully this helps!! :blove:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fervent said:

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.. but hopefully these gifs will explain it better! You can't really edit the text on the spoiler itself. And it will look different while you're editing the post compare to when you hit submit/save!

This is how it looks when you're editing it:

512996907e787cff4252495fa6c20132.gif

This is how it will look once you hit submit!

1a8cb6dfa928c4b05d69d6512e196409.gif

Hopefully this helps!! :blove:

it helps im just big dumb lmao thank you  so much 

• Like 1

Happy 10Th Anniversary ArtHaven. Here's to many more and claim.Happy Anniversary Love GIF

Activity 1:  Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression.

Spoiler

I joined ArtHaven  after some of my friends made accounts they told me about this site and about all the awesome artist that reside here. I feel that Art Haven has come a long way and will continue to for a long time, I love how things are it was a little hard to find things and how to set up and account and things of the sort but i got used to it and learned pretty quick. I'm glad i found a place where artist and customers have a common ground to just be themselves. 

Activity 2: Were you here when it was still "G A S R" ? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since?

Spoiler

If i remember correctly i might have been here while it was still Art Haven. If not then i would love to just see the progress of this site continue to grow and flourish.

Activity 3: If you're an artist: Show us the first artwork you made when you first joined Art Haven and show us the most recent artwork you've done.

Spoiler

image.png.9eef29d6ebbfc80310193afd3e8c5119.png This is my first piece i ever did while joining Here.

image.thumb.png.27ea3b58d1e22e9c81d0caf58903e648.pngThis  is how my style is today ^~^.

Activity 4: Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite.

Spoiler

image.png.62f40fb9e099496bafbff73c0264a7a6.pngThis is another free one i got it's by  Squishy. There both my favorite for the fact that they are the first pieces i have had made of my IMVU OC

image.png.c0ab8316d3da4a1d8776baa7e4f37002.pngThis is a Free piece i got made by Mya on AH

Activity 5:  Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven?

Spoiler

I think my top 5 Fav artist would be : DeathRoe, Mya, Squishy, Oasis,  Verixia.

Activity 6: How would you describe Art Haven in one sentence or less?

Spoiler

I would describe it as A Fantastic Wonderland.

Activity 7: Advice / words of encouragement for any newcomers (artists, supporters, appreciators, etc.) and/or upcoming artists.

Spoiler

Believe in yourself and work hard but also have fun. Also never forget your an amazing person just be confident ^~^.

Activity 8: Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc?

Spoiler

I did make some new friends and there all amazing people and great artist.

Activity 9: What kind of art style do you normally order/draw on Art Haven? And has it changed since you joined?

Spoiler

I think i used to do alot of gore art but now i can do Gore and alot of cute pieces so yes i deffinently believe i have come far and gotten better at what i like doing.

Activity 10: Do you use other websites/social medias to sell/purchase art?

Spoiler

I do use other sites like Discord and Toyhou.se. I dont think i can really compare them there all equally diffrent in there own way and i love them all ^~^.

Edited by TheWildOne
  • Like 2

Happy 10th anniversary  ART HEAVEN!!!

Finished adding.

Emote by 100x100:D8C7AB7B-C062-4352-8666-BD803BAC3666.png.b94ca0a188af4a7d58d610fb2ee254c1.png

Badge 40x40:C6D1F1A3-1933-481E-A350-A294E406D3BA.png.c772fbcb04499a3e76be9c881c173c39.png

Banner art haven 1920x300:

3AA97A28-0C9A-437C-B66C-4EC6684B32CD.thumb.png.03a1eabbfd40a35552a6592557df9651.png

Draw pablob transparent no background:

3F2891F7-C497-4CA0-8025-4B80FCFBA028.thumb.png.2ae20eec2a91f21a205f681019332afd.png
Color Pablob:

605EEF81-5047-441A-BD50-268862E2E2E9.thumb.png.ebbd5f07ba75bced9189cc57d427561b.png

Activity 1:Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression

Spoiler

My first expression a lot had change and I loved the good vibe mood here!

Acivity 2: Were you here when it was still :gasrpriderevamp:? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since?
Spoiler

Yes, and how I felt about it was a lot had change in a good way.

If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!

Activity 3:  show us the first artwork you purchased and the most recent purchase. If you don't remember which one, it can be within the first year of joining Art Haven/Art Haven!

Spoiler

Sorry didn’t buy anything. If I did I lost it o.o in poor condition of my usb drive.

Actvity 4: Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite. 

Spoiler

N/A 

Activity 5: Who would be your top 5 favorite artists on Art Haven? 

Spoiler

I believe it would be everyone who draws art for a living or hobby. Sorry I have no clue who would be top 5. Because I have not yet seen everyone work yet.

Activity 6:  What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)

Spoiler

I love the year of the dragon it was awesome to participate in it and reason I love Asian culture!

Acivity 7: Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc? 

Spoiler

Yes by giving free art on here yes love drawing and giving art to new friends on here.

Activity 8: Tell us about the OC's you've made/bought since you've been here that is your absolute favorite! 

Spoiler

I love taking picture and keeping up with my art post and inspiration of other art to give me imagination 

My oc is the hyper me also love hot tea in the morning and night time.

Activity 9: What is your favorite memory of Art Haven so far?  

Spoiler

Making a free shop on here was the best thing I did and I learned a lot from it and now I got some confidence to make a premade shop I have not yet done in years but actually did it this year. New thing I did for this year!

Spoiler

I was so use to semi realistic character and then being here shifted to anime drawing to cartoon flat drawing which is also quite challenging to me to go off to a different style. But the more I do it , it come a bit easier every day.

Activity 11:  

Spoiler

Art Heaven is awesome compare to kofi.com shop because your able to load a lot here without taking some art off to replace new art. Platform a bit different with commission and communication they don’t help you grow if you buy their subscription but here on Art Heaven you do grow!

Edited by Kosmicmood

Finished done with it
  • Like 2

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary Love GIF by CBC

Tell us the reason why you joined Art Haven and what was your first impression.

Spoiler

I actually don't 100% remember why I joined I think I'd heard about it on imvu because a friend mentioned it so I was more curious than anything. My first impression was mixed, I didn't really know anyone on site and navigating at the time was a little confusing for me. Obviously, the good outweighed the bad though cause here I am :eue:

Were you here when it was still "G A S R" ? If so, how do you feel about the way the community has progress since? If you weren't, let us know what kind of progression you would like to see for the future of Art Haven!

Spoiler

I was here when it was :gasrpriderevamp:, I think I joined back in 2014. I love seeing all the new faces, when I first joined I remember there were quite a few members on site already but now I'm constantly seeing usernames of new artists, buyers, etc. that I've never seen before :cutehehehaaas: it makes me so happy that we have so many members now that can appreciate the community.

Spoiler

This is embarrassing LOL

Back in imvu days, I think I started learning digital in 2015

image.pngimage.png

Now:

IMG_0125.jpegIMG_0126.jpeg

Spoiler

I bought this back in 2014 I believe, a month or so after joining. I still love this piece sm, it was the first one I got testing the :gasrpriderevamp: waters and :gettingaway: she spicy, I don't get art of her anymore tho and now I'm wondering why lol

whitebackground.png

I bought this one a few weeks ago and am in love with it :cutehehehaaas:

web-kori.thumb.png.0bd8653d5b4aa62817e3e22b6c8f3aa6.png

Show off your favorite art piece(s) that you've purchased on Art Haven and the reason why it's your favorite.

Spoiler

I have so many favorites it's hard to choose! The first two are special to me, my demon OC Ramona and my persona (ig that's what it's called?? it's basically me but perfected) the last three are just :cutehehehaaas: so pretty, they're all artists I adore.

web-kori.thumb.png.0bd8653d5b4aa62817e3e22b6c8f3aa6.pngLargeMony_Hugyne.pngIK_15 - PUPPER_FIN1_PU2.pngVaine.gif.9e8805d63f5a55803ead1f06a954dfa5.gifcollabkori.gif.c0f038b82fa60a1f1567af37cd9339d0.gif

Spoiler

Plushies and more physical goods shops :eue: I would love to buy soap, candles, etc from people + it's kind of an addiction.

Spoiler

@Hugyne 

@Otterkaji

@iKAN

@Arias

@princepol

@Sel

I haven't bought from all of them but there's artists on here that I love to following and seeing their new pieces.

I've also tried to slow myself down on buying art lately cause I'd buy it all  if I could.

What is one of your favorite event(s) from Art Haven and tell us why it's your favorite! (It can be from any year!)

Spoiler

The Valentines "Let's Date" event! I'd love to see something like that again, possibly more fleshed out because I thought the idea was so cute and loved the community interaction.

How would you describe Art Haven in one sentence or less?

Spoiler

On a serious note

A community of creative and kind individuals who all appreciate art.

My first thought was "artsy-fartsy" though.

Advice / words of encouragement for any newcomers (artists, supporters, appreciators, etc.) and/or upcoming artists.

Spoiler

If you're an artist, never stop practicing. :cutehehehaaas: Keep all of your work even if you don't like it because I promise you there's plenty of people out there that will and never stop improving. You'll get where you want to be eventually.

If you're supporters, you're very much appreciated here.  Artists would be lonely without you :angri: also there's some of you saying "I can't draw" or "I could never" and I'm gonna personally come after you and be your hype train because that's not true. It takes constant practice and you'll get there eventually. Don't be scared to make friends or ask for advice, that's what we have this community for.

Did you make new friends, join new groups, etc?

Spoiler

Some yes!

I'm very shy even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it. Joining the staff team really brought me out of my shell and I consider them all friends since we work so closely together. Especially the Event team! 

:cutehehehaaas:

Emote Drawing Challenge

Spoiler

image.png

[Imma continue this later]

• Like 8