• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

How to use advanced table properties ??

Question

Hello! I'm sorry if it's been explained somewhere here before- 

I can't find the forum and I did find how to make a table forum a year ago....

But now idk where it is :bfcreep:

Any kind soul to enlighten this lost little lamb on how to use this ? :lazecry:

LMpl-2zIuYzO8DJW76Ab14ZsWXxUr4fdloul00QNwLP6MEamFUNw7DaG5o9cqicJ-5Zl3swE20NqVqAr_HRJ42Kqux5JmCr6V_vYmGBYJA7EG0s--lZLO8QTTEgwBTcAPmgJpjG5L0M5Ay5qXg

I love Art Haven Anniversary forum decoration ! 

I really want to decorate my shop :lazetears: Thank you in advance!! 

tbh i dont even know how to use the normal table properties as well but i just learned about the width: 100%  o(-(

4 answers to this question

Hello @ristellise! We do have a table tutorial that is slightly outdated, but it's one of the ways you can set up a shop table! This method is using Google Docs and you can read more about it here: https://arthaven.co/wiki/general/google-docs-how-to-make-a-table-r9/ 

As for the tutorial on how to make a table using the table properties on here, it is still a work in progress! It's on my to-do list :hee: I want to make sure I cover as much as possible, so it's taking longer than expected. However, I can briefly explain them to you and hopefully it will help you get started!

I'll start with the first tab, "table properties". There are certain things that I'm not 100% familiar so if I don't mention, then it's probably not needed!

047eb935755e881761d9c26cf6af020f.png 

Row: the horizontal section that goes from left to right

Column: the vertical section that goes from top to bottom

Border size: the thickness you'd like the border of the table! You can set it as 0 if you don't want a border

Alignment: the placement of the table, "Center" would be ideal so your table will be in the middle no matter what

Width: This is how wide you want your table to be! It can be any percentage depending on the design you want to go for and this will also make it more mobile friendly.

Normally when I make tables for Events and commissions, I will leave it 100% and then do a set width under the "Advanced" tab; which I will go further into details below!

Cell Spacing: the spacing between each cells 

Cell padding: the spacing between the text and the edge of the cell

Here's a good visual of cell padding and cell spacing:

MtsXj.jpg

credit: https://stackoverflow.com/a/15518016

Moving on to the advanced tab, this is where you can add a background image/color to the table and set a certain width!

Like I briefly mentioned earlier, I normally like to set a max-width under "style" so the table feels more contain and not stretched too much. The 100% width is to make sure it's fluid among different resolution and making it mobile friendly, and setting the max-width is to have more of control of the table. But it's not something you have to do! I just prefer it as it's easier for me to make the fancier tables. 

4bb2d663825c4bdb0bbb699f5eb6ca40.png

Background image: where you will place the url of the image you'd like 

Background position: the position of the image. it depends on the image is and what you want it to look. I'd recommend "center top"

Background repeat: if it's a pattern, then you'd have to set it to repeat. Repeat: in all direction; horizontal: left to right direction only; vertical: top and bottom direction only; none: this will make the image not repeat

Background color: if you don't want to use an image as a background, you can set a color here! You can input a hex code directly into the box and it will work!

I know it's a lot of information and if something is confusing still, let me know below! If you experience any issue while making your table, don't hesitate to send me a message and I'll gladly help you with it! :blove: 

@Fervent

Ahhh thank you so much !!

i actually wanted to ask how to add the fancy border then I experimented again by using cell properties- 

ocUzEuSyPiLPQFYEaimiR8u2DJ5fctIn79KzABmmJCDmMSBv2Qt2XxoNdR9bCeIANUOPb7NmqOM0O2x39vsKqu3s9IbnO56JqMNA18cMtq2mr85MOMMI6Kj3y3qu5anWhJmdoYfivxYe31dPbQ

now i understand :bhee: Thank you so much for taking the time to explain !! :ohug:

cant wait to experiment it on my shop :bfunceunce:

1 hour ago, ristellise said:

i actually wanted to ask how to add the fancy border then I experimented again by using cell properties- 

ocUzEuSyPiLPQFYEaimiR8u2DJ5fctIn79KzABmmJCDmMSBv2Qt2XxoNdR9bCeIANUOPb7NmqOM0O2x39vsKqu3s9IbnO56JqMNA18cMtq2mr85MOMMI6Kj3y3qu5anWhJmdoYfivxYe31dPbQ

Oh for that I used an image and had it repeating through the cell properties! It definitely takes a lot of trial and errors to figure out how to use them. Good luck on your experiments though! Again, if you need more help just contact me through messages and I can assist you further! Since each table is different based on the design you'd like to go for. :blove:

8 hours ago, Fervent said:

Oh for that I used an image and had it repeating through the cell properties! It definitely takes a lot of trial and errors to figure out how to use them. Good luck on your experiments though! Again, if you need more help just contact me through messages and I can assist you further! Since each table is different based on the design you'd like to go for. :blove:

Alright! Thank you again fervent :klovee: hehe :3

Archived