• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

I need advice ;-;

Rate this question

sharpnails

Question

So my country is out of usa and doesn't support PayPal / Cashapp / ko-fi / payoneer (and lot more payment methods) so I can't use them or create an account. My country is not even listed in almost all of them.

I'm an artist and it really makes it hard for me to sell my art / adoptables 

And my country is not supportive when it comes to digital art they're not interested in buying any so I have to sell somewhere else.

I asked my country bank for a way to receive money outside of my country and they recommended to use Western Union money transfer as a way of international payment and it works perfectly fine and it's internationally trustable so it's save to use and I got few commissions through it and they never complained. It transfer the money to a bank in my country as a cash pickup It's my only way to receive the money but I don't understand why when someone wants to commission from me and I offer western union as mop they cancel :lazecry:they say they trust only PayPal /Cashapp and afraid to use something else, I do completely understand but like do your research I'm not in a rush, you can check for yourself if western union is trustable or not then get back to me. Even in their requests they accept PayPal only so I can't offer my art work to them even though I got the style they exactly looking for. I have many adoptables and custom art that I worked hard on and ready to sell but It's really making me tired and feel down and I need an advice from you :lazetears:

I will leave one of my new price sheets to look at it

Untitled255_20230319181059.png

4 answers to this question

This is a great question since there are many users who are outside of the US or who don't have access to certain payment systems like PayPal. We don't recommend the use of Western Union since many people are aware of its risks and it is not a popular payment method for art related purchases. Depending on your country, you can also utilize other payment forms such as Ko-Fi, buymeacoffee, Stripe, and even Boosty. Boosty is similar to Ko-Fi, bumeyacoffee, and Patreon. Payments via Boosty can also be submitted via PayPal which may bring some comfort to your customers since most are used to and comfortable with PayPal. Stripe is very similar to PayPal and has it's own fraud protections as well. You can easily connect it to your bank account.

Please be aware that some users may still feel uncomfortable sending via other payment systems as many others outside of PayPal are often associated with fraud and scams. Additionally, PayPal offers certain protections that other sites do not, which brings much comfort to people when submitting payment online. 

If you're going to use another person's PayPal account to help you, make sure you're aware of their TOS (PayPal's) and any associated risks. 

• Like 1

unfortunately you can't force anyone to use western union, there's people that even use cashapp only despite paypal being more reliable/a huge platform, so it might not even be that they don't trust western union. it's frustrating i know but there's nothing you can do about this, buyers want convenience. they don't want to make an account and set up money transfers for a 15$ commission when they can just use their paypal to send 15$ to someone else immediately. there's a lot of good art for them to buy so it's easy for them to just use an artist that accepts paypal instead. it's part of marketing, if your product isn't accessable it's hard to sell. my solution for you is to find any way possible to get access to paypal, maybe through a friend you trust that has paypal so they can use their paypal to transfer money to you via western union. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amy said:

unfortunately you can't force anyone to use western union, there's people that even use cashapp only despite paypal being more reliable/a huge platform, so it might not even be that they don't trust western union. it's frustrating i know but there's nothing you can do about this, buyers want convenience. they don't want to make an account and set up money transfers for a 15$ commission when they can just use their paypal to send 15$ to someone else immediately. there's a lot of good art for them to buy so it's easy for them to just use an artist that accepts paypal instead. it's part of marketing, if your product isn't accessable it's hard to sell. my solution for you is to find any way possible to get access to paypal, maybe through a friend you trust that has paypal so they can use their paypal to transfer money to you via western union. 

that's a reasonable talk I respect that ❤❤❤ but you can send money immediately through western union just create an account on their website like any other site that's it, you don't have to have western union credit card or bank account or something, that's why it's easy to use and won't take 5 minutes to finish payment. 

But like you said I can't force anyone to use it 

Sadly I don't have friends outside of my country or at least trustable one T^T. I even tried offering Paypal Xoom service even though it's just like WU and also a part of Paypal they still cancel and don't trust it, I received some commissions through Xoom but recently the website has issues and keep freezing the money they send me so they cancel and pay me through WU instead . I stopped offering paypal xoom as mop so my clients won't feel troubled again ><

I just hate the fact that my country doesn't have paypal it would've been easier for me

I hope I can find someone I trust with paypal account soon I liked that idea and thank you so much for coming by :cutehehehaaas:

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, Aiko said:

This is a great question since there are many users who are outside of the US or who don't have access to certain payment systems like PayPal. We don't recommend the use of Western Union since many people are aware of its risks and it is not a popular payment method for art related purchases. Depending on your country, you can also utilize other payment forms such as Ko-Fi, buymeacoffee, Stripe, and even Boosty. Boosty is similar to Ko-Fi, bumeyacoffee, and Patreon. Payments via Boosty can also be submitted via PayPal which may bring some comfort to your customers since most are used to and comfortable with PayPal. Stripe is very similar to PayPal and has it's own fraud protections as well. You can easily connect it to your bank account.

Please be aware that some users may still feel uncomfortable sending via other payment systems as many others outside of PayPal are often associated with fraud and scams. Additionally, PayPal offers certain protections that other sites do not, which brings much comfort to people when submitting payment online. 

If you're going to use another person's PayPal account to help you, make sure you're aware of their TOS (PayPal's) and any associated risks. 

I did try almost all of them and the only problem in it that they don't have my country listed to link it with my bank account.

I was getting paid through PayPal Xoom money transfer but now ai don't know what's wrong with it, it refuse to send me money and it automatically cancel the transaction. So I'm left with western union as my only solution to get paid and it's easy and works perfectly fine and it's popular to use in my country since it's easy to just take MTNC to any bank or post office and get your money.