• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Let's Talk: Reading!

dreamsymphony

Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?

I'm a fantasy girl, through and through. Although i love a mystery, horror, and a bit of romance, YA fantasy tends to be the genre i lean towards more than anything.

What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?

Drama. Same with movies. No matter what i do, i just tend to get bored with the plotlines and predict a lot of the characters motivations.

What are you currently reading/re-reading?

I'm currently obsessed with two series; the cruel prince, and a court of thorns and roses. I'm in the middle of the latter, and about the re-read the first. If that didn't make it obvious, I love the fae.

Favorite author(s)?

Probably still JK Rowling. Noone can get me as immersed in a scene as she can. Other than that is probably lovecraft.

Favorite book/other reading material(s)?

My favourite books at the moment are The Cruel Prince, and Game of Thrones

What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?

I would absolutely recommend any of Holly Black's works, i feel like she has a book for any demographic, and has such a unique understanding and grasp of the worlds she creates. 

On 10/7/2017 at 6:11 AM, eggbebe said:
  • Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?
  •  What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?
  •  What are you currently reading/re-reading?
  • Favorite author(s)?
  • Favorite book/other reading material(s)?
  • Favorite series?
  • Favorite genre(s)?
  • What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?

I tend to read lots of rom-coms, history related, horror/dystopian and things like that, but I'd try anything UWU I love just a good ol' normal book, but i do love me some mANGA. Currently reading Blood Bank and re-reading Diary of an Oxygen Thief. THEYRE SO GOOD HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH OF THEM 

Favorite author BY FARRRR is Stephen King, bc who doesnt love him ???? i also love Cassandra Clare <3 

My favorite books are probably the Mortal Instruments series and Misery

• Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? My two favorite genres are Sci-fi and fantasy, but whatever get my interest tbh. 
  • What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Really girly stuff
  • What are you currently reading/re-reading? Wonder Woman: Warbringer, The name of the wind, Eragon, Astrophysics for people in a hurry. 
  • Favorite author(s)? J.R.R Tolkien
  • Favorite book/other reading material(s)? Too many to choose one.
  • Favorite series? Harry Potter, LOTR, Divergent, The Mortal Instruments, Throne of Glass
  • Favorite genre(s)? Sci-Fi, fantasy & horror.
  • What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Sarah J. Maas, Veronica Roth, Marie Liu, Art of War by Sun Tzu, George RR Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teddybearsouls
  1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? I love to read novels, plays, and short stories. Comics, as well.
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Although possible, nonfiction is significantly more difficult for me to find appealing.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? Minecraft: The Island by Max Brooks. I originally purchased it ironically, because I thought it'd be funny that I actually bought a Minecraft book. If you've played Minecraft, however, I am sure you'd love it.
  4. Favorite author(s)? Erin Hunter and Tui T. Sutherland are the first that come to mind due to my favorite series over the years. I am sure there are a lot I'm forgetting, though. Shakespeare is one of my more recent favorites, actually.
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? My favorite book, I have previously decided, is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Honestly, I have multiple favorites.
  6. Favorite series? Harry Potter and Wings of Fire
  7. Favorite genre(s)? Fiction - specifically fantasy or dystopian - novels appeal to me the most. I also adore historical fiction. However, I can find fiction books of most subgenres interesting.
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? It's Kind of a Funny Story is an example of a book that had really made me think deeply about my life and my thoughts of not wanting to live in it. Books that affect you this much and may possibly save someone is what I can recommend the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Gᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪs ᴍʏ ꜰɪʀsᴛ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜰ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏʀᴍ.

Mᴀʏʙᴇ Nᴇᴡsᴘᴀᴘᴇʀ ᴏʀ ᴀ Mᴀɢᴀᴢɪɴᴇ. 

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ, ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅ.~

Favorite author(s)? 

Rɪɴ Cʜᴜᴘᴇᴄᴏ, Iʙᴜᴢᴏᴏ, & Lᴀɪɴɪ Tᴀʏʟᴏʀ

Dᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ Sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Bᴏɴᴇ - Bᴏɴᴇ Wɪᴛᴄʜ - Aɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴏᴍ Iʙᴜᴢᴏᴏ

Favorite series? 

Dᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ Sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Bᴏɴᴇ - Bᴏɴᴇ Wɪᴛᴄʜ 

Favorite genre(s)? 

Fᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ, ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ, ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ.

Rɪɴ Cʜᴜᴘᴇᴄᴏ, Iʙᴜᴢᴏᴏ, & Lᴀɪɴɪ Tᴀʏʟᴏʀ - Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ. 

• 1 month later...
  1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Fantasy / Scifi / Magic / Otherworldly 
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? I can read just about anything.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? Rosehaven
  4. Favorite author(s)? R.L. Stine
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)?  Goodnight Kiss by R.L. Stine
  6. Favorite series? House of Night & HP
  7. Favorite genre(s)? Fantasy 
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? House of Night 

• 2 weeks later...

I love books! So happy to answer this!

Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? I don't really just stick to one reading material as I like to delve into many categories and broaden my reading material, but I mostly love anything to do with past historic real life events books, I also enjoy non fiction and fiction fantasy books.

What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? E-books, or books where the letters are extremely tiny and boring material.

What are you currently reading/re-reading? Women Who Run With The Wolves.

Favorite author(s)? Sarah J. Maas

Favorite book/other reading material(s)? I will always love Anne Franks Diary and A Vindication Of the rights of Women

Favorite series? The Alienist, Sharp Objects

Favorite genre(s)? Fantasy ,History, Thriller,

What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Definitely will have to go with Sarah J. Maas Books

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?

Romance novels + Gothic Novels + Poetry

1. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?

action + mystery + Biographies + Inspirational books

1.  What are you currently reading/re-reading?

Burn Bright : Patricia Briggs

1. Favorite author(s)?

Patricia Briggs, J.K Rowling, Becca Fitzpatrick, Lauren Kate, Claudia Gray

1. Favorite book/other reading material(s)?

Tigers Curse : Colleen Houck

1. Favorite series?

Hush Hush Saga

TIgers Curse Series

Evernight Series

1. Favorite genre(s)?

Romance hands down

1. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?

Tigers Curse was a really great series! I would recommend!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Yes, horror and psychological.

What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? e-books, biography and newspaper.

What are you currently reading/re-reading? Circle of Friends.

Favorite author(s)? Dont have any.

Favorite book/other reading material(s)? / Favorite series?  I like all the books the same way or just no one was so good to like it the most lol

Favorite genre(s)? Horror

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Horror, i like Manga and Comics too
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Fifty Shades
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? IT
  4. Favorite author(s)? Stephen King
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? I like reading up on crime
  6. Favorite series? TWD comics
  7. Favorite genre(s)? Horror, Sci Fi
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Max Brooks, Stephen King, 

• 5 weeks later...
  1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? I prefer reading personal narratives or poetry. 
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? I cannot get into Sci-Fi
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? I'm currently not reading anything, but I wish I had my hands on some poetry. 
  4. Favorite author(s)? I have a deep love for Sylvia Plath
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? The Bell Jar was the first book that made me feel like I wasn't alone in my feelings of depression. Wuthering Heights is also a classic and deep love of mine. 
  6. Favorite series? Series of Unfortunate Events. That. is. my. childhood. 
  7. Favorite genre(s)? I love all genres truly, except I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Definitely check out Sylvia Plath. She's dark, but honest, and I respect her for that. 

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Not necessarily, I read both fiction and non-fiction, poetry and fairy tales and everything in-between.  But I tend to gravitate towards older works, the classics. I also read a lot of interactive fiction because I'm a loser; look up Choice of Games.
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Teen romance ugh. And though I read lots of interactive fiction I can't stand dating sims.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? Re-reading the Harry Potter books and another book with a title so long and complicated I'll seem like a total snob if I write it down here.
  4. Favorite author(s)? I admire a lot of authors but I don't really have a favorite.
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? 1984 and The Little Prince. Quite a contrast but both wonderful books.
  6. Favorite series? Harry Potter obviously.
  7. Favorite genre(s)? I don't care about genre much, just make it a good book.
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Apart from the 2 favorites mentioned above, I want to recommend The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Wonderful book.

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Not really.
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? I get into pretty much anything just to try it.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? Nothing right now, been watching mostly movies.
  4. Favorite author(s)? Stephen King
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? The Shining
  6. Favorite series? Don't have one.
  7. Favorite genre(s)? Don't have one.
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? I'm a big believer in just reading what you like, and never be afraid to try something new. You might like it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I really love hardcover novels.
I collect old, leather bound books as well.

Kindles, magazines and newspapers.

I'm currently reading 'House of Leaves' by Mark Z. Danielewski

Favorite author(s)?

Cassandra Clare, J.K. Rowling, Harper Lee

'To Kill A Mockingbird' by Harper Lee
'You Don't Know Me' by David Klass
'My Name Is Memory' by Ann Brashares

Favorite series?

The entire Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare.
Multiple books, tied together to form an incredible world.

Favorite genre(s)?

Fiction, horror, mystery.

'The Infernal Devices' and 'The Mortal Instrument' series by Cassandra Clare.
If you enjoy being swept into a fantasy world filled with action, comedy, romance and some mystery,
I highly recommend these books. Honestly, just read all of her Shadowhunter books. Haha.

Smelling GIF i love reading gilmore girls GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Nope, just stuff I find interesting.
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Non-fiction unless it's a topic I'm super interested in.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? nothing atm
  4. Favorite author(s)? MaryJanice Davidson, Becky Monson
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? 32 Going On Spinster, Undead and Unwed, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson...etc
  6. Favorite series? The Queen Betsy Series by MaryJanice Davidson (it's about a woman who becomes the queen of vampires. It's a romantic comedy series)
  7. Favorite genre(s)? YA, Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? If you like romantic comedies I'd suggest both Becky Monson and MaryJanice Davidson as they are well known for that genre. 

Archived