• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

What programs/tablets do you use?

LinasTired

I use Wacom Intuos manga pen & touch. (honestly a touch tablet is a lie and shit don't get it, it sounds and seems fancy but it's only annoying) 

Had this for over 3 years now, I really need an upgrade cause my surface looks like a goddamn mirror. Before I had the basic ass wacom bamboo. I don't see any difference in the performance.  

For software I always stay to Paint tool sai & krita for drawing, Photoshop cs6 for editing.

Krita is ok if you don't use very big sizes, then it just goes in slow motion and the pressure fails. I don't have a very fast laptop that might be the cause too. But it's worth trying.

I overly use GIMP and Paint tool Sai using my first, and in-well condition, waccom bamboo tablet. 
However, I have Clip Studio, Photoshop CS6, and adobe Flash pro. From personal experience these programs are amazing. 

I also use the program 'Icecream Screen recorder' when recording my drawing sessions. It's a cheap ($30) and AMAZING program. I have had past issues with other programs and by far, Icecream has been compatible with other programs and has not lagged my laptop in any way. The options and benefits of the program are great too. So if anyone is looking for a recording program, I recommend Icecream ♥

On 11/22/2017 at 4:06 AM, Can said:

i use this tablet 31oavNT4arL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg and medibang paint pro / photoshop

thinking of getting a Huion Kamvas GT-191 some day, unless another better and cheaper alternative has come out by that time

I want the same Hunion Kamvas GT-191

although the price isn't bad, I've been looking for others as well

I use a Wacom Intuos art but I had an Adesso Cybertablet Z8 that one was okay but i put it through so much art rage I'm surprised it lasted 6 years... :notsureplz:
My program is mostly just Sai but I've used Firealpaca before and I sometimes use Gimp for tweaking photos and lazy text placement.

4 hours ago, Painyful said:

Is firealpca kinda like medibang?

I know there both free

I'm thinking about getting rid of sai.. Although i'm in love with the brushes.

Maybe switch it for firealpca? 

Idk :bfhaa:

Firealpaca isn't bad it's pretty easy to use and get accustomed to like sai is. I just personally prefer sai since I'm so accustomed to those tools and have been using it for so long.

Firealpaca has some dope features like tools that could help with perspective and drawing buildings and backgrounds.

this is what fire alpaca looks like: Click here for a large image

Archived