[2018] Earth Day Celebration

Pablob

Hmm.. just a question, does digital includes pixel arts, so far I had only see beautiful digital arts but not pixel arts :llampret:

So sorry if I had asked a dumb question >w<

41 minutes ago, Shueyi said:

Hmm.. just a question, does digital includes pixel arts, so far I had only see beautiful digital arts but not pixel arts :llampret:

I’m sure it does! I think so far it’s just been personal style choices. I was thinking of doing a second one in a pixel style as well if I had the time.

On 4/12/2018 at 4:16 PM, Shueyi said:

Sorry for getting back to you so late but yes this is fine since it's still digital art 😄 as long as it's not too tiny and we can see it's a landscape or scenery its fine!! 

I made a huge mistake trying this challenge what was i thinking! I have no experience with landscapes :icry:

It still needs a lot of work but It's so frustrating so i'll call it finished 😄 

NewCanvas5------.png.08f4f0fdfc683124d1c74d2fa82ab2da.png

and a night version bcoz why not! :fakesmile:

NewCanvas5---.png.6519946158377352d278d6e335ae0b1c.png

11 hours ago, Flix said:

Sorry for getting back to you so late but yes this is fine since it's still digital art 😄 as long as it's not too tiny and we can see it's a landscape or scenery its fine!! 

Alright, thank you for clarifying! 😄

Wip..

Spoiler

60c316489e858568b3c9b68bdc2eaa5a.png

idk im saving this spot for this weird ass shit that i will never finish probably Waah or ill change it up bye x

Yikes xx guess I did finish wtf is this waterfall xx x x x

tbh idk what I was doing and I still hate mountains what a MESS

sadasslandscapeshit.png.99d43baa7f663f37778f3e476f19f30c.png

So, I was really excited for this event and decided to try something new. I made a tribute piece to my late uncle using only natural made dyes, which turns out don't show up great on camera. I kept the grass blades on there for some texture. :blush:

image.jpg

My uncle's original painting:

Spoiler

image-1.jpg

Here's the list for each pigment:

Spoiler

Dark brown - reused coffee grains
Light brown/base color - green tea
Blue/purple - 1/4 head of red cabbage boiled and strengthen with vinegar
Yellow (meant to be orange) - 2 large green onions, 1 camellia flower (naturally fallen), too much turmeric, and vinegar
Green - lawn mower clippings boiled and strengthened with vinegar
Pink - you can't see it because of how it dried, but it was camellia flowers crushed with a little bit of vinegar

23 minutes ago, Cymette said:

So, I was really excited for this event and decided to try something new. I made a tribute piece to my late uncle using only natural made dyes, which turns out don't show up great on camera. I kept the grass blades on there for some texture. :blush:

image.jpg

My uncle's original painting:

Hide contents

image-1.jpg

Here's the list for each pigment:

Hide contents

Dark brown - reused coffee grains
Light brown/base color - green tea
Blue/purple - 1/4 head of red cabbage boiled and strengthen with vinegar
Yellow (meant to be orange) - 2 large green onions, 1 camellia flower (naturally fallen), too much turmeric, and vinegar
Green - lawn mower clippings boiled and strengthened with vinegar
Pink - you can't see it because of how it dried, but it was camellia flowers crushed with a little bit of vinegar

this is extremely creative!!! I’m sure your uncle would be proud 🤯

I finally had sometimes between commissions and irl jobs to get it finished.

I had a lot of fun doing this tbh, it was super relaxing to just paint away and leave everything to the order of chaos cause nature.

The Ref I used is from the Moss Temple in Kyoto, Japan (Saihō-ji) and its that one place I wanna visit in my lifetime.

Spoiler

MyvXn8h.png

p2VAIHz.png

Oh & i got a 2000x1242 version of this.

Archived