Art Haven

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[2018] Ramadan Celebration

header.png

Ramadan Mubarak! Happy Ramadan, Everyone!

Ramadan is the most sacred month of the year according to the Islamic Lunar calendar. It takes place to observe the revelation of the first chapters of the Quran that were granted to Muhammad by Allah, or God. Its other known names are Ramadhan or Ramazan and is celebrated in nations all across the globe! Islam, being the 2nd largest religion in the world, showcases this event by being celebrated in unique ways in each country.

It’s considered to be the holiest time of the year. Ramadan begins at sundown when the moon is visible in the sky. It’s a time of prayer, fasting, self-reflection, and casting away the bad and bringing in the good. It is a time to seek amendments for any sins, faults or mistakes a person may have made. During this period, eating, drinking, smoking and any activity that is considered to be against good-manner is forbidden (including minor arguments). The focus is to cleanse oneself of any negativity, spiritual or bodily. Many people throughout Ramadan choose to provide and donate to charities of any sort.

Fasting starts everyday 10 minutes before dawn, or adzan subuh. The duration of the fast is called Ismak. After sunset, an individual is allowed to break the fast until the sun rises again the next day. The ending of Ramadan is called “Id al-Fitr”, meaning "the Feast of Fast-Breaking". During this time gifts and well wishes are exchanged with friends/family.

Ramadan starts on May 15th and ends on June 14th this year. However we will be ending it a little shorter due to wanting to give as many celebrations and events a chance as we can!

May 15th - May 29th

Also a special thanks to the following people for helping us out with a few questions we had concerning the event! @Sugi, @MayVenn, @IrisNeko, and @Thrust

To celebrate Ramadan, we're encouraging all of you to bring awareness to the main message of this event: 'positivity and casting out negativity'

Every time you participate in the many tasks available, you will receive an 'x' amount of points.

Current Task (26th-29th)
A drawing/poem depicting the end of the celebration. This can include a self-reflection of your progress throughout Ramadan, and/or inclusion of the new positivity you have brought into your life.

Task
2 A drawing/poem depicting what you intend to cast away that you consider negative. Then, in contrast, a drawing/poem illustrating something positive about oneself (personality traits, talents etc.)
2 A drawing/poem depicting a change in your life in order to fulfill a more positive lifestyle.
3 A drawing for another member that is participating in the event. Alternatively, a poem conveying appreciation and gratitude for them. (Only two gifts for one person, and you must PM an Event Mod to let them know who you're gifting).
4 A drawing/poem depicting the end of the celebration. This can include a self-reflection of your progress throughout Ramadan, and/or inclusion of the new positivity you have brought into your life.
2 For each $5 worth donation

A user is also more than welcome to donate to a charity of their choosing. If you wish to do this, please PM an Event Moderator proof of said donation. Please remember, though, that is completely optional!

lantern.png

Rules 
  • Everyone is welcome to participate!
  • Your entries need to revolve around the message of positivity and appreciation
  • Art submissions can include (but are not limited to): Digital, Traditional, and Pixel
  • All entries need to be of good effort (Event Moderators will be looking at all your entries!)
  • Please remember that we will need proof of any donations! These must be PM'd to an Event Coordinator.
  • In order to keep it fair for everyone, only 2 gifts will be allocated for one person for the 3rd task. Please make sure that you are PM'ing an Event Coordinator stating who you have chosen to gift so that we keep it fair!
  • You are welcome to sell any artwork that you create for this event (except the gift(s) you create for others).
Prizes

wowmore.gif

In order to obtain the Participation Badge, you need at least 4 points when Ramadan finishes.

eewa3.gif

In order to obtain the Completion Badge, you need at least 10 points when Ramadan finishes. 

Participants

Participant Points Participant
11 Rotts 11 Careworn
11 Mya 7 Buni
2 Windows 11 Daedae
16 SatanicBeast 7 Noxey
2 Princepol 11 Darksalad
4 Ronin 11 Michelle
2 Pissarro 11 Linastried
11 Stephmeeow 11 Emily
4 Bunnycat 11 Deth
2 Parasitic 2 Latex
2 Ezariel 5 Skizzeroo
3 Rin 4 Mayvenn

enderramadan_by_cainuu-dcaoni1.png

AHHHH THE TABLE LOOKS SO NICE!! GOOD JOB GUYS ❤️❤️❤️ 

OH AND YES THE BADGES IS SUPER CUTE AS WELL. Def will be participating !! 

The graphics/table and badges are so nice and perfect for this!! :iperfect: so nice. So pleasing. So rad

11 minutes ago, idc said:

tfw u cant art but support this :bgoodjob:

You don't have to draw! You can write a poem instead :romeo:

i am beyond in love thissss :blush:

i hope people will srsly cast away their negativity and express their emotions through the event

bc i think it's hard to do that in general :kwave:

As someone who celebrates Ramadan, I want to participate so badly :lazedances:put me in coach

I love all of this.  I'm going to do my best to participate with some art stuff.~

I like this event so much. I will try to do a poem :blush:

Lets go kids xxx Spread that positivity!!! 

CANR WAIT TO SEE WHAY YOU GUYS MAKE SMOOCH

I might join as well if I have time hehe

Do we have to post our artwork here, or send to a moderator? 

I'm really self conscious about my art sometimes, lol. :lazecry:

aaaa, how exciting. and such a nice event. good luck everyone. That table and those badges tho. :iperfect:

so here's my little positivity poem and positive poem about myself

I had so much doing this and I never knew I was so good at poems :ooohyas:

r.png.4ce32226f440025509cf1c00dcfb72c0.png

a.png.21197f6b73803b563597b8d02dd71996.png