[2018] Ramadan Celebration

Woop ! ok so quick illustration time LOL

So with this I intend to cast away my negativity, since I recently seem to have alot of it lately.

Its slowly been getting to me and it just needs to back off 

A positive thing is that I have drawing as an outlet to let go of all this negative energy.

Without it I think i'd be a psychotic mess haha !!

Spoiler

image.png.63f032217236316a7f73d881e0a159e8.png

I hope i did this right???? idk LOL

cant wait for what the next task will be ♥

okok here's first entry 

haha haa a I hope this is okay

The Ascension

gog.png.bb919cd45e827be4794f80ba0c14246f.png

Spoiler

My family in the father side, toxic and manipulative,  has always forced their views and expectations down my throat and it drained the life out of me. I was bound and limited.  things went worse when I came out gay to them. I was forced to change, it only broke me. 

on the other hand, I have my mom, my friends, and my boyfriend, supportive and loving. they helped me stand when I was down and taught to love myself. 

I love them so much, I promise that  I will be their shoulder to cry on, their foundation when theirs' is crumbling, their shield to protect them from harm.

@princepol

That's firstly a beautiful piece of art.

Secondly so I'm glad to hear that you have such lovely people by you and you're surrounded by all that warmth though all of that. 

thanks so much for sharing that with us! 

i hope this is acceptable :blush:

1.png.9c0dee38833bcee31ca043a8f206c827.png

something i'd cast away would be my anxiety. its been quite unbearable lately causing me chest pains so i drew poisonous plants(water hemlock and nerium oleander) within the chest area. in contrast, i think i'm quite hardheaded (lmaoo) i try to be as carefree as i can and not let things affect me negatively. 

thank u for reading i hope this wasnt cringe HAHA :cutethumbsup:

I'm participating, going to send my finished work to a coordinator now if that's okay. :lazeblush:

Gonna try and be brave, I'm not the best artist or poet in the world...lol. 

940111525_gasreventproject.png.bd7f11ab41796a7c788934c3fe05ae6f.png

I drew an alternative girl crying, taking off her "creepy" makeup, thinking to herself that if she were just a little bit different, she'd have more friends and acceptance. This really came from my heart because as a girl, especially in middle and high school, I wanted to fit in. I wanted friends, acceptance, love. I still want all of these things to this day, and recently I've been sinking back into that rut I had tried so hard for so long to get out of. I need to try my hardest to remember my worth, that there are people in my life that love me, and accept me, for who and what I am. When you're depressed, sad, in a rough spot, it can be easy to think that you have no one, but with just a little push, you can start to see just how well you've got it. Or at least that's how it was for me. I realize now that each and every one of us is unique, beautiful, and so special. There's only one YOU in this entire world, this entire universe, this entire LIFE! 

Don't let someone's rude words, mean faces, or expectations dim that light inside of you.

I also wrote a poem for the event speaking more on originality that I will insert below, I hope both of my pieces are acceptable.

poem.png.dc8ccd0ea717edae93710de48514151f.png

@Ronin 

thanks for sharing that with us! come thru phoenix :pcool:

@pissarro

That drawing looks so serene!! And wow that's a really cool way depicting anxiety though. It wasn't cringe at allll, thanks for explaining it! :phearteyes:

@Careworn

That drawing as well as that poem send a really powerful message and there are sooo many of us here that can relate to that! I'm glad you chose to share them with us.

@Buni

So happy to hear that you're enjoying the event! Thanks for sharing those poems with us, that's a lot of strength emanating from them. :pthumbsup:

Drawing hijabis char once in awhile, hijab is harder to draw tbh xD but i hope this one's accepted.. tysm for this event !! 

ramadan.png.a314c13ab48329b670b7494a635bbe47.png

Spoiler

It's just I believe if u find God, u'll find peace. I wanted to be a better person and keep my chores in balance, I've been stressing myself out and in the end I can't do much, losing my motivation, working much slower than I used to and getting myself sick. Muslims believe that Ramadan is a month full of blessings, Im just gonna use this opportunity to reset myself and spend more time with Him and doing things that I like, such as drawing what I want to draw >//<.

Just now, Daedae said:

Drawing hijabis char once in awhile, hijab is harder to draw tbh xD but i hope this one's accepted.. tysm for this event !! 

ramadan.png.a314c13ab48329b670b7494a635bbe47.png

Reveal hidden contents

It's just I believe if u find God, u'll find peace. I wanted to be a better person and keep my chores in balance, I've been stressing myself out and in the end I can't do much, losing my motivation, working much slower than I used to and getting myself sick. Muslims believe that Ramadan is a month full of blessings, Im just gonna use this opportunity to reset myself and spend more time with Him and doing things that I like, such as drawing I want to draw >//<.

omg this is cute af !!!! and i feel ya on the motivation part, its been happening to me a bit lately and im scared so im just surrounding myself w positive people lol ♥ I wish you good luck with everything bb ~ ♥

Screenshot_5.png.39742a37df23daa685e443734920a3aa.png

Screenshot_1.png.bf827d2d78148ef42eefdfed38b97608.png

Just in case you can't read what I wrote-

Spoiler

Empty Shelf

By Noxey

Blatant scars litter my skin

Completely showing my constant sin

I try to breath, but I'm falling fast

Into the darkness of my past

Though I may not see a place to hide

I know my fears only rest inside

And to this day, I tell myself

To place those fears on an empty shelf

Sword and Sheild

By Noxey

I'm not afraid to be myself

Even though things lay on my empty shelf

These things that try to bring me down

I cast away without a simple frown

Forever holding my sword and sheild

I'll fight these demons and never yeild

For I know I am strong enough

To live in this world that has made me tought

7 hours ago, Cain said:

@Ronin 

thanks for sharing that with us! come thru phoenix :pcool:

@pissarro

That drawing looks so serene!! And wow that's a really cool way depicting anxiety though. It wasn't cringe at allll, thanks for explaining it! :phearteyes:

@Careworn

That drawing as well as that poem send a really powerful message and there are sooo many of us here that can relate to that! I'm glad you chose to share them with us.

@Buni

So happy to hear that you're enjoying the event! Thanks for sharing those poems with us, that's a lot of strength emanating from them. :pthumbsup:

Thank you! That means a lot to me.

Archived