Art Haven

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flix

[2018] LGBTQ+ Pride Event

overlay-header.png

The term LGBTQ+ stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Queer or Questioning. The + includes all the communities present in the sexuality and gender spectrum as well as its allies. This month is all about the LGBTQ+ pride and showing our true colours! The month of June was chosen to be the LGBTQ+ Pride month in honour of the Stonewall riots, which occured at the end of June in the late 1960s.  Which has resulted into many pride events being held in the month of June to recognize the impact LGBTQ+ people have had in the world. 

Therefore we are bringing the GASR community together to celebrate love and equality, while promoting a safe space for people of all orientations! Even though the LGBTQ+ community has fought for their rights and has reached amazing milestones, it is still important to raise awareness and promote a space, free of judgement and discrimination for those who are still fighting for the right to love or the right to be who they want to be.

In this topic you may post about your coming out stories, experiences, people that inspired you, other stories, discussions or anything else you would like to tell that is related to the topic. The point of this event is to meet and talk to people from the community and meet fellow LGBTQ+ friends who may even share a similar story to yours!

wtfiscolour.png

Just like the previous years, you are able to add overlays corresponding your orientation (or a straight ally overlay) to your DP. This shows our colours and support all over the forum! Down below we have some already made overlays you can add to your DP and adjust if you feel the need to do so! Also, feel free to make your own overlays and share them in this topic so they can be added to the list of overlays for people to use! 

Spoiler

A big thanks to Kita for doing most of the overlays!

LGBT Rainbow Overlay

click for .png

Straight Ally Overlay

click for .png

click for .png

Heteroflexibility Overlay

click for .png

(special thanks to Fervent)

Bisexuality Overlay

click for .png

Pansexuality Overlay

click for .png

Panromantic Overlay

click for .png

(special thanks to Alismora)

Asexuality Overlay

click for .png

Aromantic Overlay

click for .png

Demisexuality Overlay 

click for .png

Demiromantic Overlay

click for .png

Transgender Overlay

click for .png

Transgender + Homosexual Overlay

click for .png

(special thanks to Xilatr)

Transgender + Bisexual Overlay

click for .png

click for .png

(special thanks to SPIDERWEBS)

Transexual Overlay

click for .png

Polysexual Overlay

click for .png

Polyamorous Overlay

click for .png

Mascsexual Overlay

click for .png

(special thanks to Dunked)

Mascsexual + Panromantic Overlay

click for .png

(special thanks to Dunked)

Intersexual Overlay

click for .png

Autosexual Overlay

click for .png

Skoliosexual Overlay

click for .png

Androgynous Overlay

click for .png

Genderqueer Overlay

click for .png

Gender Binary Overlay

click for .png

Gender Non-Binary Overlay

click for .png

Bear Overlay

click for .png

Lipstick Lesbian Overlay

click for .png

Androphilia Overlay

click for .png

Gynephilia Overlay

click for .png

Hermaphrodite Overlay

click for .png

Neutrois Overlay

click for .png

Greyromantic Overlay

click for .png

Lithromantic Overlay

click for .png

If you're not able to put on the overlay yourself, feel free to ask for help in this topic!

prizesldbtq.png&key=42e9037ef3418be13905

All users who have posted in this topic while wearing the overlay will receive the following badge!

Please note that you will not receive the award if you do not post in this topic while wearing the overlay

lgbt.png

Spoiler

image Love yourself for who you are, guys! 

I know it seems tough sometimes, and you think the storm will never stop but that doesn't mean it won't.

And just because there are negative people who tell you happiness is out of your reach, doesn't mean it really is.

EMBRACE YOURSELF AND LOOK FORWARD TO THAT RAINBOW AFTER THE RAIN. 

thats as corny as i could get, sorry! LOL image

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE !!! ♥

YAY IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS EVENT!! MAKE GASR RAINBOW AGAIN !! :psmile:

++ You guys did such a good job on the graphics! I'm proud of my event babies :psobbing:

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH EVERYONE! 

giphy.gif

This is great. 😄 Love this ❤️ and tbh the new layout plus notification text color and everything is soooo perfect 

:phearteyes:

@Remba you want it added to your current dp? i'll do it for you bb, which overlay do you wanttt image

Happy Pride month, everyone! 

Upon posting, the most beautiful thing occurred when I realized I was literally surrounded by others who identify as I do. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I haven't had to explain my sexuality before, so it's really special to see others with the same flag and to feel understood without having had to say a word. @Emily @doll :byaslove:

And @James, you really are inspiring. I had started writing my own experience and decided not to share, but I feel a little braver today because of you.

Spoiler

"Demi-" is a term meaning "half", indicating that those who identify as demisexual lie somewhere in between asexuality and sexuality. Often times, a deep emotional bond is needed to feel attraction (or, arousal is actually how I generally specify it.).

I remember being a young girl and feeling a little off from my friends. Everyone had crushes - except me. Everyone described this feeling of butterflies for the first time - except me. Everyone was exploring flirtation - except me. It felt like they were speaking a language I just couldn't understand and I was frustrated. I convinced myself I'd grow into it, but in high school, it got worse. I still couldn't relate to my peers and I began to feel defective. I was angry now, and a little defiant, but I learned how to blend in - to make it look like I was "normal" and stop all the questions.

When I met my first boyfriend, I wasn't sexually attracted to him. It wasn't until I realized I loved him that I suddenly understood all the experiences my friends had described. I thought I'd finally done it. Whatever spell I'd been under had broken and I could connect to my peers now in a way I hadn't been able to before. Then we broke up (- but don't worry! he's still my best friend.)

I realized that once again I couldn't totally related to my friends anymore. I could look at someone and agree that they were aesthetically pleasing, but that seemed factual to me. That was a matter of proportion and math; I still didn't get it and I still wasn't that interested - why was attraction so easy for them and not me? I felt broken and almost a little less human - I should have been able to be attracted to other people, right? That was what I was taught was natural, so why wasn't I feeling it or in the instances I did why was it so difficult and fleeting?  Then I met my next several boyfriend, and I began to notice a pattern. I was never attracted to them, not at first. It took me time. It took trust. It didn't happen with all of them. One day I was scrolling online researching asexuality when I found the term "demisexuality". I read it and for the first time I felt like someone got it. Someone else had found a way to describe my life. I wasn't always asexual, because once I felt really connected to someone else, I was sexual. I finally had a way to tell my friends that I was different - not weird, not defective, just a little different. And I think for the first time they realized I wasn't just fooling around trying to be edgy, but rather this was my reality. I felt understood and I felt whole.

A few years later, I feel a lot more confident and things are a lot easier now because I've come to understand my sexuality and how it works for me. I'm happy now.

always love these events. ♥ demisexual here ! pixel_flag___demisexual_by_fluffythefoxa

to every part of the lgbtq+ community, you're valid.

your feelings, your ideals, your preferences are valid.

do not let anyone degrade you or let you feel less of a person for them.

even if they do, remember you are a strong individual, capable of having the love you desire. 

you're capable of many things. 

if coming out might be hard, considering family / friends or surroundings, take your time with it.

remember that there's a whole community out here to support you and hold your hand throughout the whole way.

you're strong, you're loved, you're capable !

c4c4ddf746269f3d453c993aee7eed48-dbcewbr

this is such an amazing event, i'm proud to be apart of it. Just to let everyone know, ily and support you. :byaslove:

edit:

Spoiler

so I really haven't identified myself yet as any sexuality as I never really experienced being with a boy nor girl. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't had my first kiss with a guy o_o but I'm not sure if it counts, when I was about like 10 or 12, I lived in these apartments and I was friends with this girl named Nina. She would come over and we'd have lots of sleepovers. One night we were curious little kids and decided to touch each others boobs and kiss. I'd tell ya, I didn't feel awkward, but I felt like I had a connection with her since I knew her for a long time. That was my first kiss with a girl and actually touching one too. Til this day I can say I maybe had feelings for my best friend but never told her. I've liked many guys in the past but I've never considered myself Bisexual. Idk if I should or just wait til I actually experience being with either a boy or girl.....IDK I thought I share this story to y'all since it's pride month. I also have a habit of watching gay romantic movies so idk if that's another thing or what but yeah now I feel awk now. so bye 

I'm so grateful for the Event Team to work so hard on an LGBTQ+ event. This is something that means a lot to me, and thought I'd go ahead and post my life as a gay.

Spoiler

It wasn’t easy in the past,

and it isn’t easy now.

It feels like, for the most part, that there is a specific responsibility that LGBTQ+ individuals need to do - and that is having a BIG announcement on their coming out. 

For me, this was pressuring, draining, and quite simply damaging. 

I can’t seem to remember exactly when I knew. I had my playground crushes on girls and never on the boys when I was a kid. Sounds pretty straight so far, right? As I began to grow older, I guess that’s when the…confusion began. Quite humorously, the first indication for me was walking through the underwear aisle at a shop and being oddly attracted to the pictures of the men wearing the briefs (I still catch myself looking still to this day). 

A few years were going by and I began to know that I was gay. However, this was where things started to go downhill.

A sense of hatred grew inside of me - and refusal to accept who I was. My perspective of myself became cruel and cold, and I slowly spiralled into depression and anxiety. 

I refused to speak to my family about anything, ultimately allowing concerns to be brought up:

“We know nothing about you.”

“Why don’t you talk to us?”

Just two of the many questions they would always ask. But even then I refused to open up about my feelings. I was disgusted and perceived myself as a fuck-up and a failure to my family and those around me. 

Early teenage years, everything did begin to change. It’s very weird to say that I guess this started shortly after I made my IMVU account. My online persona was a completely different person to my in real life one. I was confident in my sexuality and rather embraced it rather than pushing it away.

I wish I could say that this applied to real life though.

I was still closeted to the max, and my parents just got used to me closing myself up all the time. They didn’t bother to even ask anymore over countless tries - but can I really blame them?

It wasn’t until the age of 16 that things started to improve. I can’t remember if this was acceptance of the fact that I can’t change, or just maturity (maybe both?). Although this was the age it became better.

It was also the age that knocked me to my very lowest.

I got my first job at a bar and restaurant and everything was going smoothly. That was until, however, the abuse from people came at me. My confidence was utterly shattered upon hearing:

“How about you come clean my shoes like the little fag you are?”

“I don’t want my pint pulled by a faggot”.

I explicitly remember going out back after that had happened and bursting into tears. I wasn’t strong enough to handle the shit they were spewing at me, and I was so speechless and so down that I couldn’t even respond. 

I struggled, I cried, I wasn’t resilient enough to deal with it.

Fast forward a couple years later, and its the day that I told my parents I was gay. 

Stumbling on my words, twiddling my thumbs and refusing to look them in the eye.

I heard a noise and I remember slowly looking up in shame - but it was my mother with her arms open and tears rolling down her cheeks. As she pulled me into a hug she spoke,

“I am so proud of you”

My dad was quiet, but reassured me that he still loved me and he always would. 

Now we’re in the present. And I understand now why I’m comfortable with my sexuality. 

It is because I have surrounded myself with people who support me and are there for me no matter the situation. 

To all my friends,

You are the light that inspires me to continually push forward and to become an individual I always used to dream of being. You are the reason that I am here today.

For that, I am eternally grateful.

James. x

I will always support this community that showed me how to love myself no matter what! Drag and drag queens literally saved my life and they inspire me everyday! 

Thank you, keep on giving love and always be your true self!

*tongue popping sound*

giphy.gif 

This is such an inspiring and amazing event. Happy Pride Month to everyone out there, I love and support you all. 🖤