Art Haven

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flix

[2018] LGBTQ+ Pride Event

image.jpeg.ed85f189a13f0b7f797fa830c57995c1.jpeg

Spoiler

Came out when I was VERY young, around 8 when I had been "dating" my best friend.

I told my mom by writing her a letter, and didn't give it to her until I was leaving for a weeks long vaca with my sister

(I wouldn't let her read it until I left)

long story short, I'm so thankful to have amazing support system.

:bgoodjob:

@jared im so proud of u a a ;;; your dad is so sweet too

i hope someday your mom will understand u!!!!!!!!! and she will ok

image.png.91a7740c1fde7ed25bbc5ccfcc4f3bfb.png

YESSSsssSSs COME THRUuuuuUUUU GASR PRIDE EVENT !!!!

so uhh ...heeey ..am sav...pansexual but still working on not being shy when telling close minded ppl/just ppl in general that irl >.>

BUT HEY ITS JUNE, IT'S COLORFUL, ITS HAPPY IM HAPPY ARE YOU HAPPY  PFFFFT I HOPE SO BB IF NOT HERE'S SOME OF MY FAV  BOPS INSPIRED BY JUNE IN HONOR OF PRIDEEEEEE !!

BOPS:   

also some of fav gifs ever FT some of my fav KWEEEEENS ever:

Related imagegiphy.gif

Rupauls Drag Race GIFAlaska Thunderfuck GIF

Rupauls Drag Race GIFWillam GIF

Rupauls Drag Race GIFRupauls Drag Race GIF

Rupauls Drag Race Dr GIF

@Kou ahh im screaming that’s so nice of u to say cjdbkfns thank u!!!!!! 

BD7AA748-B107-4A48-9316-5CD7A0C23EDD.png.66bbb178be98cb3534cc071827c69acf.png

@Haunted I loved hearing your story and what pride means to you. I hope you know that I am so proud of you for embracing yourself and speaking up. I hope you continue to find yourself surrounded by positivity and acceptance during this month and always. Who you are is so lovely - and who you love doesn't change that.
@Emily I had that same assumption for so long! Up until I started looking into asexuality, I remember thinking "uh, yeah, I guess of all of the options this one fits best" because I really only knew of a few at the time. 
@jared I think Jared is a great name! I hope your mom comes around soon. 
@MayVenn I'm so glad you were able to relate to it!  Gives me the warm-n-fuzzies. 😄

Seeing all the posts, stories, and support here really remind me of how much I love and appreciate the people here in the GASR community~ :llampret:

My little blurb: I used to identify myself as biromantic semisexual back a couple of years ago. Now, I think I lie on the bisexual spectrum. To be honest, my own sexuality confuses me sometimes, but I am comfortable with just being myself and feeling and saying what I want. And it's because of supportive people like you guys and my loved ones that I can do this. Thank you for all the love and kindness ❤️

Unfortunately, I am out of town this weekend and only have my cellphone. I felt so much love reading everybody's posts so it was hard to hold back. Sorry I couldn't hide the blurb and I can't set the overlay right now:pblushing:

If someone could help me set the bisexual overlay on my dp I would really appreciate it, but if not I will get it up Sunday night~

@Cymette alskidjs, you're literally such a sweetheart! Thank you so much ❤️

Also, thank you for sharing your story. My experience with my semisexuality was different and fleeting, so it was eye-opening to read a different pov and see how it affects people differently.

i love this event so much!!! i've had to deal with a lot of bullying personally for being LGBT so it's nice to see there are people who are supportive and that the community is so welcoming! i love my lgbt pals and allies, gotta edit my dp ❤️

So uh, I'm pansexual, and I love that this community is so openly supportive and loving, it means so much to me to see it.

My story below:

Spoiler

I came out to my mom first after my God mom came out and got married to a woman. For the most part, my mom was like "Yeah, okay cool." and kinda brushed it off, only yo constantly forget that I am in fact pan or in her head, bi.

My mom sorta understands but still to this day she has to constantly remind herself that I may bring home a same-sex partner or someone who is trans. 

Which like, I understand and I'm happy I wasn't throw out, but it still slightly hurts knowing my mom sorta blocks out that side of me by constantly suggesting I get a boyfriend or a man to be with. 

ANYWHO, enough about my dumb story, you guys are amazing. ❤️ 

Much love to you all.

Also I added the overlay for you, hun. 😄@waifooled 

Ezgif-2-f45bb3e835 by NoveIIia

This event is so cute, I'm so happy about this! Happy pride month ♥

For my own experience on how I found out I was gay, It's a pretty simple and chill part of my life

Spoiler

The first crush I ever had was in kindergarten was my classmate who lived in the same apartment complex and we'd often sneak out and hide in the laundry room from each of our siblings and such as a game of hide and seek. I remember always laughing near him and feeling just a tingle in my stomach. I realized I liked him though when we shared a tiny kiss. I didn't really think much of it but I knew being gay was considered bad within the family so I just hid everything. Went on to have tons of crushes on guys and my first love was my male best friend, It was hard to come to terms with it actually growing up, I mean I led the whole gay lifestyle online but I never really thought about it until one day I just had to sit down and force myself to think over it and how I felt about it and now  I'm hereee. I could care less about what anyone has to say if they've got something against me liking the same sex heh.

For the coming out story though, First person I ever came out to was my therapist in secondary school. It happened during the me liking my best friend moment and I had been going to her for two years and on the final year, I  busted out in tears in front of said boy when I was trying to confess which made him take me to the therapist office so I could chill and ofc, I was sensitive at the moment and he had left so I just told her everything and she helped me out and gave me motivation to keep going and being proud of myself for who I am regardless of who I liked. It was nice but she stopped giving me therapy ever since, Don't know if it's because she felt I didn't need it or she just wasn't actually with it haha rip. 

Second time I came out was to my best friend , Also because I ended up crying in the classroom over the same boy and she just told me to trust her and I did and she was such a sweetheart about it, even though she'd often try to get me to date girls so I could realize I was ''confused'' which isn't a thing l0l but once she realized that, she was supportive.

Third time coming out was to my brother, He didn't really believe me and he thought I was joking but then he noticed I was being serious and just plain out accepted me then and there.

and the fourth time coming out was to one of my other best friends. He was a little iffy about it, He'd pretend I never did came out to him and once he got mad and told one of my female friends who I wasn't planning on telling but she ended up defending me yeee.

I am so happy and grateful that there is such an amazing event as this ❤️

Growing up knowing that I was different make things hard 

But I am proud to say now that I am a Lesbian 

Love who you love :byaslove:

Because

Love has nLabel :walove:

Happy Pride Month Everyone ❤️

me when i woke up n peeped gasr to see the names were changing colors

Spoiler

also hi i did an overlay kinda in case anyone wants it wheeze

Spoiler

ohyah.png.6b70e8daec02b4cea65f7ff1241ca6e2.png

LOVYOURSEL❤️ 

:pblushing:

Spoiler

I wasn't gonna share my story because I was kinda afraid to, I'm not used to talking about my sexuality so openly or being able to celebrate. But all of these stories are INSANELY inspiring. And I feel confident enough to share my own story thanks to you all ❤️.

I've been attracted to more than just the opposite sex for as long as I can remember. I had the biggest crush on my first best friend at six years old. It was so weird to me because I was always told that I was supposed to like the opposite sex and that was it (Coming from a very strongly christian based household). Despite being told that, I didn't see an issue with it though. I thought that the god I was taught to serve would love me regardless of whether I liked girls or guys. As I got older, I started to learn that what I originally thought wasn't the case. I battled with my sexuality for the longest time. Asking people to pray it away and trying to talk to Jesus about why I felt the way I did. Over time, I got angry with him and I got angry with myself. I hated myself because I felt like an abomination. Like I was meant to be damned for an eternity or something because I just couldn't shake this attraction. I started to further explore those feelings and I found myself falling for the most beautiful person I've ever met. That person helped me to see that what I felt was not wrong, it was not evil, it was not sinful. But that it was and is beautiful and completely natural, and that I have the right to acknowledge it and celebrate it. And that I have the right to love myself regardless of what others say. It's been hard and it's probably always going to be hard. Again, my family is extremely religious. I know it's gonna sound crazy but I've been "Disowned" by my biological father. I've been called the F word plenty of times by family members who I thought I was close to. After finding out a girl was flirting with me, my mother slapped me hard across the face (Still love her though). She's physically and verbally hurt me for openly accepting that I'm not hetero. (Black families have some real issues tbh because that's just abuse at that point.) I'm not even allowed to go to pride (But I plan on sneaking out there this year because hell yeah.) Bullying was INTENSE, don't even get me started, omg. Even after that, I still felt the need to share my gender identity and sexuality with her and the rest of my family. I came out about four years ago and I've been treated differently ever since. People talk crap about me, my mother treats me like she doesn't like or even know me sometimes. So yeah, it's hard to deal with. But I wouldn't trade this love for the feckin' world. I wouldn't give my feelings up. I wouldn't give my feeling of uniqueness and my ability to look at everyone, no matter what their gender or sex, and to be able to love them and be attracted to them. Despite this world's crappy view on whatever they don't understand, I, and all of the people on the earth have the damn right to love who we choose and to be who we are. To wear what we want to wear and to talk how we want to talk. I love this community with all of me heart and I've never met more accepting and wonderful and loving people in my life. The message I want to leave here for anyone who reads this is that 

No matter who you are, who you love, what you look like, what you act like, how you sound, what you wear,

YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE UNIQUE. YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE ACCEPTED. YOU ARE VALID. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE STRONG. YOU ARE UNTOUCHABLE. YOU ARE FLAWLESS. YOU ARE BRILLIANT. YOU ARE A GIFT TO THIS WORLD. YOU ARE A LIGHT THAT ALL OF THE DARKNESS WANTS TO SNUFF OUT.

DON'T. LET. IT. 

LOVE YOURSELF, CELEBRATE YOUR QUIRKS AND DIFFERENCES.

WAKE UP EVERY MORNING, LOOK AT YOURSELF, AND SMILE AT WHAT YOU SEE.

SMILE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO DO CARE FOR YOU AND ACCEPT YOU.

AND THAT MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU ACCEPT YOURSELF.

LOVE. YOUR. SELF.

CELEBRATE. YOUR. SELF.

NO ONE ELSE CAN BE YOU.

NO ONE ELSE CAN LOVE YOU LIKE YOU CAN LOVE YOU.

SO DO IT. AND BE HAPPY.

I LOVE YOU.

❤️

Happy Pride everyone :klove:

Spoiler

Ive been dealing with my sexuality for a really long time, as far back as 12 years old. Even now I’m not entirely sure what “category” I fall into as some of them I’ve never even heard. I know that I’m attracted girls disputes ever being with one, but I also haven’t been with many guys. I also don’t feel like I’m a sexual person but I don’t know if that can go as far to be asexual. I’m all around unsure of who I am in that sense. But I haven’t had a lot of experience in this area. So I’m hoping one day I’ll figure it out, but for now I feel this is the safest option for me.