• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Favorite Horror Films?

Sadist

I thought I'd start off a fun little topic about horror films.  Do you have a popular film that you enjoy?  One that few may know about that you'd like to introduce people to?  Go ahead and post about it here!

My favorite horror film is an extremely violent one from 1985.  It comes from Japan and is known for starting quite a bit of controversy.  The way the film was made and with the prosthetics used at the time caused Charley Sheen to believe it was real.  This caused several people on the team that made the movie to be held while an investigation took place.  It was suspected for a while to be actually a snuff film.  It is part of the Guinea Pig collection of horror, and is titled "Flowers of Flesh and Blood/Chiniku no Hana".

It is about a man who kidnaps a woman and dresses in Samurai armor whilst dismembering said woman.

OMFGGG japanese horror films are said to always cause controversy...i frickin LUV IT HAH

I'd say my fav horror film has to be Veronica since I cant think of a few of my fav classics atm, it's your typical POSSESSED DEMON BROUGHT INTO THE HOUSE BY A OUIJA BOARD movie but its Brazilian and actually based on a REAL case that had happened in Brazil...Kinda spooked me when  I googled the case n stuff..good movie 

I watched that a while back ago and I've looked at the case information.  The movie wasn't too bad but it wasn't my favorite of the genre.  Speaking of Japanese horror, though, there are some movies that are just over the top and I love it.  The Guinea Pig collection is like that.  Also Tetsuo: The Iron Man, which is great and also kind of WTF.

4 minutes ago, Sadist said:

I watched that a while back ago and I've looked at the case information.  The movie wasn't too bad but it wasn't my favorite of the genre.  Speaking of Japanese horror, though, there are some movies that are just over the top and I love it.  The Guinea Pig collection is like that.  Also Tetsuo: The Iron Man, which is great and also kind of WTF.

I also was gonna say pans labyrinth ..literally one of my FAVS but idk if actually a horror or not...

& honestly i need to RLLY get back into the japanese horror franchise ..i usually read a lot of japanese horror mangas eee

I'd say that it is horror,  Fantasy horror, but definitely horror.  I went to an exhibit for Guillermo del Toro's works and looking at a lot of what he does it is mostly influenced by science fiction, horror, and old fairy tales.  

1 hour ago, Sadist said:

I'd say that it is horror,  Fantasy horror, but definitely horror.  I went to an exhibit for Guillermo del Toro's works and looking at a lot of what he does it is mostly influenced by science fiction, horror, and old fairy tales.  

Kinda Figured that as well as soon as I googled it lmaoooo, He has more movies??? if so..i def need to watch

Oh yeah, a ton of stuff has been done by him.  He directed Pacific Rim, Crimson Peaks, The Shape of Water's movie, Cronos, Hellboy, The Devil's Backbone.  Granted, not all are horror, but they are very uniquely his design.

I don't watch many horror movies now a days, mainly because they're all pretty lame or directors go towards gross out styles of horror :(

I did watch "Veronica" a week or two ago though! I genuinely liked it and the fact that it's based on real life events gives it even more of a chilling feel.

It's a spanish movie and on netflix so if you don't mind captions then I'd recommend you watch it.

I have a ton of favorite horror films omg here it goes

- Saw movies

- Psycho

- Scream movies

- The ring (2002)

- The silence of the lambs

- Halloween

- The Shinning

- Rosemary's baby

- My bloody valentine

- The texas chainsaw massacre

- The sixth sense