• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Open Community  ·  189 members  ·  Free

Art School

Final Critiques

Here is my most recent, sorry for the heavy watermark lol posted it on IMVU and you know how that goes lol

fOLxaLu.png

I feel like I need the most help with hair and lips, I feel like I'm steadily improving in almost everything else, except those. Any tips?

5 minutes ago, Levudazed said:

Here is my most recent, sorry for the heavy watermark lol posted it on IMVU and you know how that goes lol

fOLxaLu.png

I feel like I need the most help with hair and lips, I feel like I'm steadily improving in almost everything else, except those. Any tips?

Made some little ajusments:

-Hair dinamics

-smaller mouth

b8102d23682bc6ca49e51f75f6ac8f86.png

7 hours ago, Levudazed said:

Wow! That looks so much better already lol, thank you! I'll definitely go back and make those changes :phearteyes:

Glad that this help you :bfthumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:36 PM, Levudazed said:

I feel like the mouth is what makes this one look so bad...and also the hair. lol Any tips for this one?

3R3cdVm.png

On 8/8/2018 at 7:01 PM, Levudazed said:

Hmmm how about this one?

pZwn2uY.png

It just.... I just don't like it, I don't know what it is that is throwing me off so much

Let's see I think I see a few things that might help you :)
First I'd give the arms a bit more shape and shadows to add more dimension and weight to them. Especially shading near the elbow and armpits would work wonders on these two!
Regarding the larger lips, I think your style relly draws towards drawing bigger upper lips. I'd recommend selecting them and shrinking them by like 10~15% and they should look even cuter than they already do! 
For the hair I'd recommend trying to draw them in sections, I think this DA image explains that a bit better:
my_technique___part_5_by_pat_mcmichael.j

I'd also add in some loose strands since hair is always flowy and going everywhere, but thats my personal taste and might not be to your liking <3
I hope this doesn't look harsh, I like your style as it is! It's super cute :) 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Levudazed said:

@Aini

Oops I could've sworn I thanked you for your help! I definitely feel better about the lips, though I'm still having such a hard time with the hair. I'm just gonna have to keep practicing. 

vCGTnvh.png

If anyone has any tips on this one, that'd be great! 

this one is VERY cute!

the pose is very awkward though, it looks like she's missing an arm, opposed to it hiding behind her back. otherwise, honestly i think your style is super cute. the face is adorable and i love it. you should use reference pictures for poses to get a better feel!

14 hours ago, Ariana said:

this one is VERY cute!

the pose is very awkward though, it looks like she's missing an arm, opposed to it hiding behind her back. otherwise, honestly i think your style is super cute. the face is adorable and i love it. you should use reference pictures for poses to get a better feel!

This might be because the length of her shoulders is small compared to the size of her ribcage and neck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived