• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Contest/Event suggestions

System Notice

This could either be one big "collab" or it could be divided into groups to create more than one. Its called the "Stained glass collab" everybody who participates gets a section of stain glass and they draw accordingly to that piece with their own design/character/etc. and they all fit together to make one big (or multiple) stain glasses. :cuteok:

• Like 5

@Milkpaw OOOOO that sounds like it would be really fun. I really like the idea, especially if we divide into groups, each can have a theme to it :hee: the result will be so pretty as well. Thank you so much for suggesting this, we will def keep it in mind for future events! :bgoodjob:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was suggesting something  for Valentine’s Day?

We can do a Valentine’s Day word scramble, 
Or Valentine’s day Secret crush letter? Where individuals can write a story, poem, or letter expressing their love for their crush or the love they have for someone. Of course not giving out names or tagging for people comfortably since this suppose to be a secret letter. (Unless the person writing want to tag or reveal.)

also for artist they can draw/paint their feelings within their art? :lazeflirt:
valentines day valentine GIF by Demi Lovato

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CuddleBunny said:

Or Valentine’s day Secret crush letter? Where individuals can write a story, poem, or letter expressing their love for their crush or the love they have for someone. Of course not giving out names or tagging for people comfortably since this suppose to be a secret letter. (Unless the person writing want to tag or reveal.)

also for artist they can draw/paint their feelings within their art? :lazeflirt:

OH MY GOSH. This made me think of those cute little 'compatibility' quiz things we would do when we were in school. Everyone would fill out a questionaire and then on Valentine's Day we got our results and would be matched with people who were 'most compatible' ect. It was always a really fun thing to do to make new friends or.. more than friends ;) jk we didn't do that but some did LOOOL. 

ANYWAY that would be a really neat idea as well! I'd love to know who I'm compatible with here on AH :eue:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CuddleBunny said:

That sounds so lovely! And the part where artists paint their feelings works so well too for those more 'reserved' with words :lazerose:Thank you for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

OH MY GOSH. This made me think of those cute little 'compatibility' quiz things we would do when we were in school. Everyone would fill out a questionaire and then on Valentine's Day we got our results and would be matched with people who were 'most compatible' ect. It was always a really fun thing to do to make new friends or.. more than friends ;) jk we didn't do that but some did LOOOL. 

ANYWAY that would be a really neat idea as well! I'd love to know who I'm compatible with here on AH :eue:

Ohhh, loving the idea! Lots of people enjoy quizzes and it would be a great way to make friends :ey::fingerguns: Thank you for the suggestion! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Toxicpunkette said:

can we have a Australian help fun raiser and for everyone that donated get a badge.  i thought i saw something about discord but i just saw it once.

We are putting together a raffle to raise money for the organizations there. We are currently seeking contributions from the community in our discord server before we host the raffle. You can read more about our mission and how to contribute in the server if you'd like to know more. Once the raffle goes live, there will be announcements regarding it so be on the look out for that!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Challenge people to draw using "Paint" or MS Paint w/e people call it.

Its so uncommon for people to use and a lot of people don't even remember that its a free program to draw with LOL. 

It'd be fun to see what everybody comes up with considering MSpaint is really old x) 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Milkpaw said:

Challenge people to draw using "Paint" or MS Paint w/e people call it.

Its so uncommon for people to use and a lot of people don't even remember that its a free program to draw with LOL. 

It'd be fun to see what everybody comes up with considering MSpaint is really old x)

ooooo!! That would be a challenge for sure LOL I really like this idea!! We get to see how creative people get with it. Thank you so much for this suggestion! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 6:45 PM, Melina said:

Photography but with phones? :P I don't have my camera with me here.. so maybe some type photography contest? :D 

Ahh, I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. :lazetears: Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, a photography contest is a little difficult to host because we won't know the legitimacy of the photographs. However, I feel like if we define the rules and specify what needs to be in the photos, we can make it happen! We will keep this in mind for the future, even if it's not directly under events. :gettingaway:

2 hours ago, Micy said:

Wanted to suggest a Saint Patrick Overlay ?

or a Saint Patrick Movie night? Where members of Art Haven can vote on the movies to watch.

I would choose Leprechaun :gettingaway:

Thank you for your suggestions. We a;ready have something plan for Saint Patrick's!! :hee: It's one of our annual events, so we always have something for this. But we will see if we can slide a movie night into what's being planned! :lazesxy:

• Like 1
  • Wink 1

• 1 month later...

Helo!

I think it would be really nice to have an event concerning COVID-19. I know that it's so in our face right now and stressful. I feel for the healthcare professionals and workers in this time. I think doing an event on the site to thank them for their hardwork and dedication, especially during this trying time would be sweet. We could draw our ocs as nurses/doctors - or create tribute artwork. Maybe write poetry of thanks. Anything to tell them we appreciate their sacrifices and services to us!! :keyes: I hope everyone is staying safe and indoors if possible. Wish everyone the best!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Helo!

I think it would be really nice to have an event concerning COVID-19. I know that it's so in our face right now and stressful. I feel for the healthcare professionals and workers in this time. I think doing an event on the site to thank them for their hardwork and dedication, especially during this trying time would be sweet. We could draw our ocs as nurses/doctors - or create tribute artwork. Maybe write poetry of thanks. Anything to tell them we appreciate their sacrifices and services to us!! :keyes: I hope everyone is staying safe and indoors if possible. Wish everyone the best!

As someone who works in healthcare - I would really love this!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

this may be hard to explain but it makes sense in my head!

i think an event where there is a brief description of a character and we have to draw our interpretation of it. community can vote on the 3 best designs!

the description could have specific things (curly hair, long eyelashes, tall boots) but also leave out key details (gender, weight, skin tone, overall aesthetic)

i love designing characters and it would be super fun to see how different people interpret instructions ! 

also maybe then people will understand why artists ask for SPECIFIC instructions when you order art :')

------

a large scale collaboration event would be fun too! we are randomly assigned partners and randomly assigned the part we do :-)

• Like 8

15 hours ago, BrushYrTeeth said:

think an event where there is a brief description of a character and we have to draw our interpretation of it. community can vote on the 3 best designs!

the description could have specific things (curly hair, long eyelashes, tall boots) but also leave out key details (gender, weight, skin tone, overall aesthetic)

i love designing characters and it would be super fun to see how different people interpret instructions ! 

Most of our art events encourages people to do character designs but I don't think we ever had one that's the main focus. I really like the idea of letting the community vote on their favorite designs! This could be a fun event so thank you for the suggestions! We will add to the list for the future events!

15 hours ago, BrushYrTeeth said:

a large scale collaboration event would be fun too! we are randomly assigned partners and randomly assigned the part we do :-)

Yeses I agree that would be fun!!! I love seeing artists collab and it would be cool for an event. The idea of getting random part assigned sounds like it can be challenging, but I like :hee: Thank you for another great suggestion! 

• Like 1

I was thinking of a event due to the coronavirus, covid-19, RONA.. whatever we call it. In this event individuals draw or discuss what they are doing during the quarantine / lockdown. We can express how you feel, what we saw, what you are doing, how if effect us, and etc. Not much of a contest just a event where everyone can participate in. Im so for seeing art about the tissue and hand sanitizer hoarding :lazekick:.  Just something the community can come together with, while we are going through this crisis. Im sure everyone has their own way or story how they are dealing with this. So the event maybe can be a way where its a moment of joy or relief if needed.

( remember to keep distance while outside and wash your hands)

Snl Couple GIF by Saturday Night Live

if you have company wrapped them up with plastic wrap can never be too safe XD :eue:

Edited by Micy
  • Like 2