Art Haven
Administrator

Contest/Event suggestions

45 minutes ago, Fervent said:

I think it would be cool if we had an event where a non-artist sketches something and then that sketch is given to an artist who will finish it off with their own interpretation. I was thinking maybe of having artists who would like to participate to sign up and the event mods can give the sketches to them, to make it a little more challenging and random :hee: Just an idea to let both non-artists and artists participate! And both can get their own badge :ey:

I was inspired from rossdraws, below are some examples!

Reveal hidden contents

I like this idea! 

Not sure where else to post this as it's more of a question rather than suggestion.

I was wondering when the secret santa "names" would be handed out, since sign-ups etc closed a couple of days ago (I can't remember reading anything else than they would hand out names after the sign-up date)?

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Not sure where else to post this as it's more of a question rather than suggestion.

I was wondering when the secret santa "names" would be handed out, since sign-ups etc closed a couple of days ago (I can't remember reading anything else than they would hand out names after the sign-up date)?

If you have a question regarding an event that is going on, you should send a PM to one of the event coordinators as this topic is for future event suggestions! :kcheeks:

To answer your question, Secret Santa sign ups just closed on November 16th. Normally it will take a little over a week to get the names sorted. We had to develop a new sorting process as well. You should be getting a message from Sledda the Elf some time next week. Please keep in mind, not everyone will receive it on the same day. We will be sending them out in batches because there are quite a few to go through. We just ask for your patience and understanding during this process. We know you're excited just as we are! :lazedances:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

606208688885202955.gif?v=1 I would really adore an event that's centered around the growth of an artist! Something that celebrates moving forward and improvement. It could be similar to one of those redraw challenges (where you redo an older artwork in your new techniques) - something up this alley! I think an Artist's progression is one of the most beautiful parts of art. Growth and change are things we should accept if we want to improve! I feel like having an event that really showcases and brings forth the idea of your Art Journey not being something to be ashamed of, but something worth embracing would be amazing to see and be a part of. :kwave:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

hi hehe I have two ideas I hope that’s ok!

not sure if this idea was too big to do but I thought I’d say anyway!!

i think an event centred around our pets would be a cute idea! 
maybe we could be grouped into pairs, then the artist has a choice of drawing the pet, the pet and owner or the pet with an oc!  
or again with the pet theme, we could get our pets made into human ocs! just an extra fun thought I had uwu

we split into groups and have an ongoing drawing, (around 4 people)

where each person has to add something until the art-piece is fully complete ! 
then at the end the groups can giveaway the art to someone or sell it (if the money can be split to a good sum) 

thanks for considering!

:bthanks:

Edited by Adorelee
  • Like 8

@Taylor AHH I love this idea so much! I actually was thinking of something similar (i miss our creative brain waves :lazecry:) but yours is much more polish than what I had LOL. We will def keep this in mind for upcoming events. Thank you for the suggestion!! :byaslove:

@Adorelee OO Both ideas are really cute!!! I love them both. An event involving pets will be so adorable and something I don't think we've done before? As for the group drawing, that will be really interesting to see different art styles into one. Thank you so much for the suggestions, we will try our best to include these in future events! :kcheeks:

• Like 4

This could either be one big "collab" or it could be divided into groups to create more than one. Its called the "Stained glass collab" everybody who participates gets a section of stain glass and they draw accordingly to that piece with their own design/character/etc. and they all fit together to make one big (or multiple) stain glasses. :cuteok:

• Like 5

@Milkpaw OOOOO that sounds like it would be really fun. I really like the idea, especially if we divide into groups, each can have a theme to it :hee: the result will be so pretty as well. Thank you so much for suggesting this, we will def keep it in mind for future events! :bgoodjob:

• Like 2

I was suggesting something  for Valentine’s Day?

We can do a Valentine’s Day word scramble, 
Or Valentine’s day Secret crush letter? Where individuals can write a story, poem, or letter expressing their love for their crush or the love they have for someone. Of course not giving out names or tagging for people comfortably since this suppose to be a secret letter. (Unless the person writing want to tag or reveal.)

also for artist they can draw/paint their feelings within their art? :lazeflirt:
valentines day valentine GIF by Demi Lovato

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CuddleBunny said:

Or Valentine’s day Secret crush letter? Where individuals can write a story, poem, or letter expressing their love for their crush or the love they have for someone. Of course not giving out names or tagging for people comfortably since this suppose to be a secret letter. (Unless the person writing want to tag or reveal.)

also for artist they can draw/paint their feelings within their art? :lazeflirt:

OH MY GOSH. This made me think of those cute little 'compatibility' quiz things we would do when we were in school. Everyone would fill out a questionaire and then on Valentine's Day we got our results and would be matched with people who were 'most compatible' ect. It was always a really fun thing to do to make new friends or.. more than friends ;) jk we didn't do that but some did LOOOL. 

ANYWAY that would be a really neat idea as well! I'd love to know who I'm compatible with here on AH :eue:

• Like 5

andy samberg jake peralta GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

“ more than friends “ XD and yess it should be fun for everyone ! 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

OH MY GOSH. This made me think of those cute little 'compatibility' quiz things we would do when we were in school. Everyone would fill out a questionaire and then on Valentine's Day we got our results and would be matched with people who were 'most compatible' ect. It was always a really fun thing to do to make new friends or.. more than friends ;) jk we didn't do that but some did LOOOL. 

ANYWAY that would be a really neat idea as well! I'd love to know who I'm compatible with here on AH :eue:

Nbc Gwen GIF by The Voice

• Haha 2
  • Wink 1

7 hours ago, CuddleBunny said:

That sounds so lovely! And the part where artists paint their feelings works so well too for those more 'reserved' with words :lazerose:Thank you for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Ohhh, loving the idea! Lots of people enjoy quizzes and it would be a great way to make friends :ey::fingerguns: Thank you for the suggestion! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

can we have a Australian help fun raiser and for everyone that donated get a badge.  i thought i saw something about discord but i just saw it once.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Toxicpunkette said:

can we have a Australian help fun raiser and for everyone that donated get a badge.  i thought i saw something about discord but i just saw it once.

We are putting together a raffle to raise money for the organizations there. We are currently seeking contributions from the community in our discord server before we host the raffle. You can read more about our mission and how to contribute in the server if you'd like to know more. Once the raffle goes live, there will be announcements regarding it so be on the look out for that!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Challenge people to draw using "Paint" or MS Paint w/e people call it.

Its so uncommon for people to use and a lot of people don't even remember that its a free program to draw with LOL. 

It'd be fun to see what everybody comes up with considering MSpaint is really old x) 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Milkpaw said:

Challenge people to draw using "Paint" or MS Paint w/e people call it.

Its so uncommon for people to use and a lot of people don't even remember that its a free program to draw with LOL. 

It'd be fun to see what everybody comes up with considering MSpaint is really old x)

ooooo!! That would be a challenge for sure LOL I really like this idea!! We get to see how creative people get with it. Thank you so much for this suggestion! 

Photography but with phones? :P I don't have my camera with me here.. so maybe some type photography contest? :D 

• Like 1

Wanted to suggest a Saint Patrick Overlay ?

or a Saint Patrick Movie night? Where members of Art Haven can vote on the movies to watch.

I would choose Leprechaun :gettingaway:

st patricks day leprechaun GIF

• Like 5