• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

[Style] Pixels

Mattie

pixel_hair_tut_by_jishin.png

( ´ー`) Thought I'd try a stab at this while I work on my layout. Sorry it's kinda vague... (・⊥・)

STEPS:
(1 & 2 can be skipped if you have a base)
1. Sketch out your design (sorry mine is pretty sad...)
2. Draw/Prepare your base (feel free to take the one I made  ) .
3. Sketch out the hair. I like long flowy hair. :3
4. Clean up the hair lines. Erase parts of the base that the hair overlaps. Also prepare hair palette. My palette has 4 colors.
5. Fill in hair with base color.
6. Take the darkest color and begin shading in under areas.
7. Go over those areas again with the second darkest color.
8. Add highlights.
9. At this stage I go around and lighten up some of the dark border lines where I see fit. I also add hair strands at this point. Strands can help make it look better but not always. Here I think I might have overdone it. :I

I suck at explaining.... Mah bad. Hopefully pictures are enough. >8D

By jishin

pixel_hair_step_by_step_by_sueweetie-d7w

So I decided to upload a semi "tut" on how I pixeled the hair on one of latest deviations.
Enjoy! I hope it helps some of you guys understand how I shade and stuff ;;//7//;;~

please please do not trace/copy/heavily ref my icon base, the eyes or any part of it!!!!
I spent days, weeks experimenting with eyes. Please do not just rip off all that hard work
I put in. 

Original Icon here: NEW BASE - AT - Shiroyanya by Sueweetie

By Sueweetie

Archived