• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Talk me about you!

ISow

@Overkill Yes moved 3 months ago! Really? where do you live? :gettingaway:

@Cappster I hope you get better and please don't live in the past.. You will find someone who loves you a boyfriend/girlfriend a friend, anyone! Those people that you known are such sh*t! I hope there was made justice! People have no notion how bad they can be for the others, how much it can influence a life of  a person! This makes me feel mad! I don't know how exist people like this!

Hope you feel better and, find good friends who deserve your friendship and please, don't stop believe because there are always something good to come! :byaslove:

• Like 1

@ISow

Ooooh never been there. I often go around Bern for gigs and shit, looks nice

And well german is pretty hard to learn and speak...mine is awful, so don't feel dumb :)

++ living surounded by people speaking german and french will help a lot I think

:lazeshydance:

Edited by Overkill

@Overkill Bern it's nice! I like it so much! :phearteyes: omg, german is so hard to me.. but I want to learn it! I'm working with some german people but they know portuguese and talk with me in portuguese so it doesn't help me that much :gross:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I’m Lauren and I come from Wales in the United Kingdom. I’m twenty three years old, just turned on August 7th, and I’ve suffered with anxiety ever since I was in bottom school. I don’t know what caused it when I wasn’t even in my teens yet, but I know that when I hit top school, it was the bullying that just...Turned me into mush basically. I have a boyfriend who lives in Nottingham, who I get to see every other month, which does help. But my anxiety is so embarrassing when it comes to going up there because I refuse to go out, I refuse to go places and I simply lay in bed for the day or just curl into a ball on the sofa. 

I don’t have many friends, I can actually count on one hand in that regard. I think, personally, I’m a nice person- but it’s just that I’ve been stabbed in the back one to many times that I just...Freeze up? I’m also the type of person who gets upset or...I don’t know...Down? When a friend ignores me for others. 

I don’t think I’m depressed. I battle something called body dysmphorphia and my anxiety on top of that- But I can’t actually say I’m depressed, I mean, I don’t feel as though I am? I don’t really know anymore to be honest. 

This is actually a really nice group, thank you for creating it- It’s very meaningful. 

• Like 2

Hello, I'm Echo. I'm turning 25 soon and I'm from the midwest in the states. I've suffered from chronic depression and suicide ideation since my mothers passing when I was a teen. Recently, my cousin killed themselves at the beginning of August. I was very close to this cousin and we grew up with one another since childhood. He was my older cousin and I'm still having a really hard time processing his death. I have a hard time processing death in general. My mother's death has greatly affected me mentally. I also deal with chronic illnesses and chronic pain, which often can get pretty debilitating and has currently put my life at a standstill while dealing with an incurable illness in which I take pain meds and other treatments in trying to manage at least the most prominent health issue, I'm hoping I can get surgery done to at least alleviate some of the issues I have due to my illness. I'm also a chronic insomniac. Which I have been since a little child. -- I was for a long time managing my health and depression alright until I got around my early twenties and had my physical health take a pretty massive nosedive. 

In my spare time, I like to game, listen to music ( mostly metal \m/ )read comics/manga, and watch movies and anime. When I go out, I like having picnics in the park and listening to music. Or discovering a new cool coffee shop. I'm really obsessed with Boku no hero right now and can't wait to see the new movie at the end of the month.

I am a self-taught digital artist and spend most of my time making works for my patreon. sometimes I stream on picarto.tv, but it's hard doing it all the time. I feel like my depression and chronic pain holds me back a lot of time in being consistent with art related stuff. 

currently, I'm trying to be a freelance artist and open an Etsy shop so I can hopefully make a side income from that. It's taking a while for the shop thing though because I want everything to be as perfect as it can be whenever someone orders prints and have been slowly getting more and more supplies for it. 

I also spend a lot of time playing otome visual novel games and old-school RPG's like Tales of,  and star ocean. I'm currently learning Japanese, as I one day want to visit there. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, ISow said:

@Overkill Bern it's nice! I like it so much! :phearteyes: omg, german is so hard to me.. but I want to learn it! I'm working with some german people but they know portuguese and talk with me in portuguese so it doesn't help me that much :gross:

omg just saw this :')

Talking your language doesn't help yeah but well, helps getting to know people.

I'm glad you like Bern, I don't know the city (and all around) very well but seems really nice (and big)

@Sybela - I feel almost the same as you.. I'm not depressed or depressive person but my panic atacks destroy me.. and I don't know why and from where they came from.. :lazerollcry:I'm glad you like this group hun and hope you are ok :byaslove:

@Echo2themoon - All I can say is that you are a strong person! I don't know if I had stomach to all of that! But I'm really proud of you! :cutehehehaaas: hope you are better now!

@Inerlime Hi hun, feel free to pm me anytime you want and for anything! :phearteyes:

@PixFem  Hi hun, please don't feel embarassed! It's the worst thing you can do to yourself, I did it a lot of times and it just made me feel worst than I was so please take care of you, love yourself enough to don't let you feel embarassed. :byaslove:

@Overkill It really don't help me I need to find another job and I can't bcs I don't speak fluent french or germany. Yes it is really big. did you ever been in Neuchatel?

Edited by ISow

Aw yeah, that sucks. But with time you'll learn french and german ! For the french part I can help you but my german kinda sucks. But don't hesitate if you need help about anything :) @ISow

And yessss, already went to Neuchatel but like 1-2 times. It's beautiful Ever been there too ?

Edited by Overkill
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ISow said:

@Sybela - I feel almost the same as you.. I'm not depressed or depressive person but my panic atacks destroy me.. and I don't know why and from where they came from.. :lazerollcry:I'm glad you like this group hun and hope you are ok :byaslove:

@Echo2themoon - All I can say is that you are a strong person! I don't know if I had stomach to all of that! But I'm really proud of you! :cutehehehaaas: hope you are better now!

@Inerlime Hi hun, feel free to pm me anytime you want and for anything! :phearteyes:

@PixFem  Hi hun, please don't feel embarassed! It's the worst thing you can do to yourself, I did it a lot of times and it just made me feel worst than I was so please take care of you, love yourself enough to don't let you feel embarassed. :byaslove:

@Overkill It really don't help me I need to find another job and I can't bcs I don't speak fluent french or germany. Yes it is really big. did you ever been in Neuchatel?

Thank you so much, same goes to you. I really appreciate it. Love your DP btw.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hiiya! my name is ally & i'm 19 yrs old.

i'm a full time student studying graphic design.

i loveee animals, weed & psychedelics, the ocean, and moooar.

i unfortunately went through a long depression episode last year which led to an eating disorder.

i also struggle with anxiety but i don't struggle nearly as much with it as i used to.

growth is super important and key!! always work on bettering yourself and don't let anyone stunt on your growth

took me awhile to get to where i am but i'm surviving and becoming healthier everyday :lazeblush:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hye there. My name is Miranda but eveyrone calls me Cat. I'm 21. I've had depression and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Recently started having a lot of panic attacks too. I absolutely cats and my babygirl Torti makes me a happy bean. My boyfriend is an immense help too as theres probably a lot of things I wouldn't have been able to deal with since I would've been alone otherwise as I don't really have friends well in RL. I like to draw and game as well to help me. 

Edited by Rendor
  • Like 2

Hello, my name is Mirian but I usually just go by miri.

I'm 23 years old and currently in my last year of uni (bless, I hate school).

I've been struggling with depression, anxiety and ednos since the 5th grade.

Recently I've lost my little bundle of joy - my doggo Lola - who passed away last November so I've been having a tough time trying to stay grounded.

Thankfully I have amazing friends who are always here to cheer me up when I'm feeling like poo. 

I'm really into art and learning about different artists and also really into video games (even though I suck lol).

I'm so glad I found this, I didn't even realize gasr had groups :bhaaa:

• Like 1

Hello! I'm Cam. I'm an English graduate student in my final year of grad school. I've struggled with anxiety, depression, and ADD. I'm currently 23, and I'm working to get back into art again.

As a bit of an aside, I had left due my my anxiety. I had a lot of issues logging onto GASR because I had connected my anxiety with it.

My graduate program has a mandatory underload, and I'm hoping to re-acclimate to GASR and start creating art again during this time. I'm hoping I can teach college classes with my degree when I finish (although, I may need to move x.x), but I'm hoping I can tie art into my everyday life.

Edited by Persephone

My sleep-deprived mind thought this was anxiety oriented, and so I excluded other diagnoses because I thought they were off-topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Rei.   
 I'm 23 years old and i'm struggling with depression and anxiety since i had 13. 

I feel really lost all the time and i keep wondering why im still here. 
I live in a place... A terrible place to live, its not living is like .. Surviving? 
I can't eat propiertly or even go to the doctor or buy medicines. 

Just found about this site few weeks ago. I'd really like to improve and do something to change my actual status. I draw with my mouse and my old pc since i had 14. 
I'm not taking my meds and i have insomnia, depression. 
I think the hardest part for me, is being witness about all the horrible things that happen and my incability to help because i dont have money. 
Even if i work full time ( i was forced to leave university, Medicine, it was my dream, to become a doctor) the money i earn doesn't help. 
Living in venezuela feels like hell. 
Sorry if i sound really depressing and pesimist but there's no one i could talk about me or my feelings, i'm not good socializing. 

Thank you for this safe place. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using Art Haven and its features, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines, and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.