• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Max size in images

Mobzi

Question

I’m not sure if there was an update on the max size but I just wondering if it was a bug for me or it’s a new update??

the max size before was 10 mb(ithink) and now I can no longer upload the original size of my art pieces in my premade and/or custom shop

4 answers to this question

If you've run into an issue with uploading any images, you'll want to double check your attachment storage bin. Each image you upload to the site takes up room in your attachment storage so you'll want to periodically review it and remove any images you no longer need. Additionally, if you're uploading the same image in another post, you do not have to reupload the image. You can find it again by looking into your attachment history and inserting it into the new post.

How to check your attachment storage (PC version):

Spoiler
  • Click on your profile picture at the top right corner to pull up the drop down menu > click "my photos & videos" > select the images you wish to remove from your storage. You'll see that next to the image, there will be information as to where you have posted. Use this to ensure you aren't removing any images that are currently important to you! 

image.png

How to check your attachment storage (mobile version):

Spoiler

The steps are essentially the same when using the mobile version of the site; however the menu location and option varies slightly. 

• Click the three line menu button at the top right corner > click "my account" to bring up the account options menu > click "my photos & videos" > select the images you wish to remove from your storage.

How to insert an existing attachment into a post:

Spoiler

Instead of clicking the "choose files" option at the bottom of the text editor, you'll instead click the "other media" button to the right. 

• Click "other media" to bring up the drop down menu > click "insert from existing attachment > select the attachment you'd like to use

image.png

@Mobzi You may have already received the answer to your question, but since it's such a good question, the answer may come in handy for other members should they be wondering the same! 

29 minutes ago, Mobzi said:

I’m not sure if there was an update on the max size but I just wondering if it was a bug for me or it’s a new update??

the max size before was 10 mb(ithink) and now I can no longer upload the original size of my art pieces in my premade and/or custom shop

there are a few updates going on to the website right now, so that might have something to do with it

6 hours ago, Caedis said:

If you've run into an issue with uploading any images, you'll want to double check your attachment storage bin. Each image you upload to the site takes up room in your attachment storage so you'll want to periodically review it and remove any images you no longer need. Additionally, if you're uploading the same image in another post, you do not have to reupload the image. You can find it again by looking into your attachment history and inserting it into the new post.

How to check your attachment storage (PC version):

Hide contents
  • Click on your profile picture at the top right corner to pull up the drop down menu > click "my photos & videos" > select the images you wish to remove from your storage. You'll see that next to the image, there will be information as to where you have posted. Use this to ensure you aren't removing any images that are currently important to you! 

image.png

How to check your attachment storage (mobile version):

Hide contents

The steps are essentially the same when using the mobile version of the site; however the menu location and option varies slightly. 

• Click the three line menu button at the top right corner > click "my account" to bring up the account options menu > click "my photos & videos" > select the images you wish to remove from your storage.

How to insert an existing attachment into a post:

Reveal hidden contents

Instead of clicking the "choose files" option at the bottom of the text editor, you'll instead click the "other media" button to the right. 

• Click "other media" to bring up the drop down menu > click "insert from existing attachment > select the attachment you'd like to use

image.png

@Mobzi You may have already received the answer to your question, but since it's such a good question, the answer may come in handy for other members should they be wondering the same! 

Thank you so much! Yes my answer was received but this helps a lot too especially with the ref pictures, I myself still get lost and confused on here xD I appreciate it !

Archived