• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Weird error with tables in editor?

Question

Hi, I recently made a table in google docs and while it looks great there with no errors, I keep getting these black lines randomly when I post it in the arthaven editor. Is there a way to fix this? It seems to happen with all the tables I've made recently! 

image.thumb.png.569483300807ceac883748746b6beba2.png< Here on the right it's supposed to be as on the left

Help :bfhaa:

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Challie said:

I already tried tip 2 as the color should originally be various tones of grey, but I haven't tried removing them! I'll try that, thank you kindly :aww:

This just gave me another idea! So instead of changing the border color in google docs, why not try that on Art Haven itself?! 

In order to change the border color, you will need to do the following steps:

CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK > cell properties > under border color: put the hex code of the shades of grey that you used in that specific area > click ok

(repeat this for all the areas that has the black right border)

I copied and pasted a part of your table to the text editor so I can show you what I mean! (Hopefully that's okay!)

Below are two gifs showing you those steps I mentioned above:

bd73ccb4b903ff1948f1d20e56e1b7d9.gif

5565b7cbfb7fe0719f99b23486af0b10.gif

As you can see, the black line went away when I did that! Hopefully it will do the same for you. :blove:

Hi @ Challie

It can be a little tricky when moving the tables from google doc onto the Art Haven text editor. I've had issues myself in the past so I understand the frustration!

The only solution I can think of right now is while in the google doc, you can select that specific area and change the border settings to 0. 

Like what I did here:

a386a04b6b569e9cb268a1fcb01dbf86.gif

If that still doesn't work, you can try setting that specific border color into a color that matches the area! 

So something like this for example:

0e97a25e90f869a33ddc385ec2a2e1fc.gif

Hopefully one of these solutions will help fix your issue! If not, please let me know and we can see if there's another way. :klovee:

2 hours ago, Fervent said:

Hi @ Challie

It can be a little tricky when moving the tables from google doc onto the Art Haven text editor. I've had issues myself in the past so I understand the frustration!

The only solution I can think of right now is while in the google doc, you can select that specific area and change the border settings to 0. 

Like what I did here:

a386a04b6b569e9cb268a1fcb01dbf86.gif

If that still doesn't work, you can try setting that specific border color into a color that matches the area! 

So something like this for example:

0e97a25e90f869a33ddc385ec2a2e1fc.gif

Hopefully one of these solutions will help fix your issue! If not, please let me know and we can see if there's another way. :klovee:

I already tried tip 2 as the color should originally be various tones of grey, but I haven't tried removing them! I'll try that, thank you kindly :aww:

Edit: Tried the first tip as well but the borders still appear black, even though I've set it to black :bfhaa:

It's supposed to look like this, as it does on google docs: 

image.thumb.png.7ca0a2db7effd317a896d4fc5afa3d83.png

But the second I insert it in my shop, it does what's shown earlier :lazetears:

Archived