• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Let's Talk: Reading!

5 minutes ago, Nyra said:

@ChewyI read vampire Kisses! I am actually about to start reading the second to last books of the House of Night series. Because, she made a spin off series for it when they are older. #ItNeverEnds

I almost have the full series of house of night Lol I didn't buy marked and betrayed since I had read them and remembered (regretting that now) but I don't have destined maybe after getting time and re-reading it I will. xD

5 minutes ago, Nyra said:

@Chewy Thinking about getting the audio books of the newest ones though. Cause I do that now, audio books. xDD

Audio books are good. For some reason, when I listen to audio books at home for my mind ends up zoning out halfway through it. Then  forgetting everything I listened to but if its for driving/car ride then I have a perfect memory of it.

Just now, Chewy said:

Audio books are good. For some reason, when I listen to audio books at home for my mind ends up zoning out halfway through it. Then  forgetting everything I listened to but if its for driving/car ride then I have a perfect memory of it.

I'm almost done with this one I bought two months ago. xD It was four books in one, I'm on book four. Then onto the next book series audiobooks. It's interesting to say the least, it's called The Wilds.

2 minutes ago, Nyra said:

I'm almost done with this one I bought two months ago. xD It was four books in one, I'm on book four. Then onto the next book series audiobooks. It's interesting to say the least, it's called The Wilds.

The Wilds? I googled it and saw science education lol which author? and you should check out http://www.kristenashley.net/titles/the-fantasyland-series/

The Golden Dynasty is my favorite out of the series. I loved the Fantasyland series a lot her other series is more like "It's Friday and I just want to see badass chicks swearing with their equally badass boyfriends/husbands and just causing badassery.

Just now, Chewy said:

The Wilds? I googled it and saw science education lol which author? and you should check out http://www.kristenashley.net/titles/the-fantasyland-series/

The Golden Dynasty is my favorite out of the series. I loved the Fantasyland series a lot her other series is more like "It's Friday and I just want to see badass chicks swearing with their equally badass boyfriends/husbands and just causing badassery.

http://donnaaugustine.com/ This is the authors website! My Mom reads a lot of Kristen Ashley, she might own the books! I'll have to go look. The main character in this book is badass and so is her partner? I wouldn't really call them boyfriend/husband. It's complicated between them. xD

2 minutes ago, Nyra said:

http://donnaaugustine.com/ This is the authors website! My Mom reads a lot of Kristen Ashley, she might own the books! I'll have to go look. The main character in this book is badass and so is her partner? I wouldn't really call them boyfriend/husband. It's complicated between them. xD

It's mostly the rock chicks series I'm talking about but dream man and the burg series. xD Those books look interesting for some reason the books reminded me of the . Mercedes Thompson Series, I only read the first book, didn't really like it but her covers are amazing it's hard to forget them.

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's mostly the rock chicks series I'm talking about but dream man and the burg series. xD Those books look interesting for some reason the books reminded me of the . Mercedes Thompson Series, I only read the first book, didn't really like it but her covers are amazing it's hard to forget them.

My mom reads that series, she's always trying to get me to read them but I have so many other books to read! Like the Captive Series, it's one of my favorite ones too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?  I like some manga but books are what I'd normally read.
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Too lovey kind of romances I like ones that are mild romances ( example Fifty shades of grey is on the line for me)
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? The second book of the Hush Hush series. (I legit can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to get up and go look)
  4. Favorite author(s)? Alice DiePen, From my childhood I really loved Jan Brett
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? Manga and little but of comics.
  6. Favorite series? Hush hush, I have a few more I just can't remember
  7. Favorite genre(s)? horror, light romance, suspension
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? I've read The Vampire Stalker many times and it's a pretty good book if you like cheesy vampire stories.

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Anything that piques my interest!
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Romance... unless it's sci fi
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? Re-reading Invisible monsters Remix
  4. Favorite author(s)? Chuck Palahniuk, laurel k Hamilton, Anne maccaffery
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? Invisible monsters
  6. Favorite series? Harry potter
  7. Favorite genre(s)? sci fi/ fiction
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? Chuck Palahniuk is the man❤ So anything from him.. And series... white queen

1. Books although I will read manga and comics quite often as well
  2. Romance -_-
  3.  Currently.. the entirety of Poe's work
  4. Anne Rice, Edgar Allen Poe, Stephen King
  5. The Meridith Gentry books by Laurell K Hamilton
  6. The Dark Alice graphic novel series
  7. Horror
  8. Pretty much any of the mentioned ones

• 5 weeks later...

Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?

I love thrillers, horror and teen romance. Ahh!

What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?

I can not. Stand. Non-Fiction.

What are you currently reading/re-reading?

Sadly, nothing. :c

Favorite author(s)?

I've always been a fan of Poe, for teen drama. Laurie Halse Anderson

Favorite book/other reading material(s)?

Level 26 by Anthony E. Zuiker 

Favorite series?

None.

Favorite genre(s)?

Uh. Stated above?

What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?

Read Level 26 if you dare. It's more of a psychological horror if anything.

1) I prefer books as well, I like having a physical copy of a book for some reason. I like novels, poetry ,manga, comic books. 

2) I'm not really much into drama or romance stories , history books kinda bore me sometimes as well.

3) currently reading the newest Stephen King book. "The Outsider"

4) my favorite authors are Stephen King, JK Rowling, Dean Koontz, John Green, Rupi Kaur  

5)my favorite book is still probably Looking for Alaska by John Green.I have always loved manga. I love Junji Itos manga horror stories. Also Hana mori dango(boys over flowers), d.n. angel, death note, fruit basket, chobits, dragon ball, sailor moon, naruto, fairy tail, the red probably a LOT more. Lol 

6) my favorite series will always be Harry Potter. I grew up reading those books. That and Narnia really started my love of reading.

7) I love many genres. Horror, young adult, fiction, nonfiction, true crime, fantasy ,sci thriller, comic books ,manga,poetry, suspense.

8) I always recommend classic Stephen king to all horror and thriller fans. 

• 2 weeks later...

I read a lot of Historical Romance. It's just always been my favorite type of genre to read ever since I was a teen in highschool xD. I love reading comics online that involve romance, comedy, drama, tragedy, fantasy, thriller, and horror. Webtoons is my go to spot for that.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, eggbebe said:
  • Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?
  • What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?
  •  What are you currently reading/re-reading?
  • Favorite author(s)?
  • Favorite book/other reading material(s)?
  • Favorite series?
  • Favorite genre(s)?
  • What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? 

1. Physical book.

2. Ebooks/audio recordings/magazines/newspapers/basically anything that's not a physical book.

3. The Books of Fell by M. Kerr.

4. At the moment, Richard Laymon.

5. Beast House 

6. Beast House series

7. Horror, mystery, some suspense but hardly, sometimes adventure, never romance. I enjoy reading about reincarnation.

8. I haven't been reading that much lately but will update the list when I find some more good reads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?
    I prefer books! Sometimes id read a manga here and there but only if it really catches my attention! 

• What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?
    Erotic novels, like 50 shades of gray i dont know why it just leaves a strange feel. 
  •  What are you currently reading/re-reading?
    Im reading IT by Stephen King and Fantastic Beasts Scenario

• Favorite author(s)?
    I enjoy Stephen Kings writing style very much! Also John Green is a writer i go to when i need an easy teen themed book to get my mind off of things.

• Favorite book/other reading material(s)?
    Harry 
    Potter, Looking for Alaska, IT, The Shining, 5th Wave, Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children

• Favorite series?
    Harry 
    Potter, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit

• Favorite genre(s)?
    Young Adult, Horror, Thriller, Drama, 
    Post apocalyptic

• What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?
    I honestly have no idea i really love Stephen King so if you havent read anything from him yet, please do you wont be disappointed! ♥

Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer?  

I really like nonfiction true crime books but I read any kind of fiction if it sounds interesting in its little summary blurb

What is a type of reading material you just can't get into?

Generally anything thats political from modern times (Historical accounts are alright since they are less likely emotionally charged)

What are you currently reading/re-reading?

Ive been reading horrible about MiLs on reddit, though im thinking about picking the Alexander Hamilton bio back up.

Favorite author(s)?

John Saul and Stephen King are the only authors ive read more than one of their books that weren't a series 

Favorite book/other reading material(s)?

Suffer the Children (john saul :cutehehehaaas:)

Favorite series? 

Strange Angels (YA series that i liked in my teens), Red River (a historical fiction romance manga) 

Favorite genre(s)?

Horror, Fantasy, but basically anything that isnt strictly romance

What book, series, and/or author would you recommend?

The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a huge bookworm! I can't miss out on this topic. Hehe

1. Do you have a specific type of reading material you prefer? Not really, I can get into just about anything interesting as long as it can keep me glued to my seat. lmao
  2. What is a type of reading material you just can't get into? Hmmm.. If I would have to pick something... I would say the newspaper.
  3.  What are you currently reading/re-reading? I am re-reading the Anita Blade Vampire Hunter series for the 9th or 10th time. xP
  4. Favorite author(s)? Laurell K Hamilton.
  5. Favorite book/other reading material(s)? I can't really pick one. D:
  6. Favorite series? Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
  7. Favorite genre(s)? Fantasy, romance, mystery/horror.
  8. What book, series, and/or author would you recommend? I would totally recommend my faves, but be warned Anita Blake's series can get extremely perverted. xD

Archived