• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

What programs/tablets do you use?

LinasTired

I use Painttool SAI, Photoshop CS6, Manga Studio and Speedypainter ... sometimes(it records your progress)

I used GIMP in the past

I use photoshop for drawing + painting + Sketching

I use manga studio for drawing + making comics + Sketching

I use sai.... for... uh.... in the past i used it for edits but now i dont really... only for is i need something wuick and photoshop loads too long.

annnnd I use Speedypainter for doodles LOL

I've never used Krita so idk :(

I use Photoshop CC, Open Canvas 6, Corel Painter 12.

Photoshop is like my go to for everything, its my main bitch. I started using open canvas a long time ago, it was my first program, however after I got photoshop I kind of abandoned it. I recently started using it again and it's quite nice for certain styles. It took me a really long time until I grasped how to use Corel Painter. It's just a really complicated program with over 100 different brushes that work on specific layers and settings. However the effort certainly paid off, because I enjoy using it to create some really great paintings.

[edit since Chelly added tablets]

I use a wacom bamboo tablet, it kind of glitches and has low pen pressure. I can't really afford a new tablet yet, but I really want a tablet display.

I use Krita mainly because, love of my life really.

But, I use to use sai and it was good too.

Krita just messes me up cause, it give me all the feels my dude. It might crash sometimes but, it recovers that hardcore and just really truly is the love of my life at this point.

*Update*

For anyone looking to try out Krita yes it may not work with newer tablets and may crash. Also it takes a lot of getting use to because of the fact that the way the sizes work and stuff isn't as big as the circle and I find that sometimes I have to restart my computer to get the lines to work the way I want them to so it's not for everyone but, if you're willing to deal with all that crap I say go for it :lazemstrstealurgorl:

Also I have the Intous Wacom tablet and it's cheap but, works great on Krita :fingerguns:

*Update No.2* cause, needs

For those people looking to start on art and all that jazz here you in no way need some fancy tablet or program! There are plenty of people even on here that use mouses or all the free programs for their art. So anyone who may get discouraged over things like photoshop or tablets costing money that doesn't matter because, you can still make some awesome art! :alienunce:

I'm not going to use Krita haha

Maybe download medibang and see how it works?

does Speedypainter crash alot?

also idk how big the download will be :sketch: 

15 minutes ago, Mattie said:

I use Painttool SAI, Photoshop CS6, Manga Studio and Speedypainter ... sometimes(it records your progress)

I used GIMP in the past

I use photoshop for drawing + painting + Sketching

I use manga studio for drawing + making comics + Sketching

I use sai.... for... uh.... in the past i used it for edits but now i dont really... only for is i need something wuick and photoshop loads too long.

annnnd I use Speedypainter for doodles LOL

I've never used Krita so idk :(

5 minutes ago, Lazy said:

I spruced up the topic so it had a lil more meaning.  

:lazelaptop:

Currently I use a bamboo pen tablet.  Ya, one of those ancient things from back when tablets were still a new concept.  It's the very first model, the one without the buttons.  

:lazerollcry:

BUT I'M GETTING A NEW TABLET IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AND I'M HYPED AF.

lol I still have a old bamboo pen tablet:icry:

& I would buy a new one... but I wanna a cellphone more

I use speedypainter sometimes and i never had it crashed on me

since its a reaaaally simple program

4bc68025fa81f0a221c6d8c1f5058b97.png

And i have the Bamboo pen (the ones with the buttons) which is a reaaally old version

bamboo-pen-tablet.jpg

but i bought a new one because there was so many scratches and sometimes the cord isnt connecting because of the worn out wire (it goes on and off) so it is collecting dust in my junk right now

i am now using Bamboo fun 

1003004011774395.jpg

I've tried drawing on a display tablet before at a convention a few years back

and damn its hard since im not used to traditional drawing or drawing directly on screen :gross:

I use a Wacom Cintiq 27QHD for my tablet. (I really regret buying the big ol' expensive ass thing.)

For the programs I use, Paint Tool SAI for practically everything, and Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint for effects and colour fixes. 

:fartsies:

I use Wacom Intuos, the medium-sized one. In the past I used the same thing only it was smaller, later I sold it to my close friend.

Programs I use are PS CS6 and Sai.

Sai works wonder when I draw hairs because of the stabilizer thing, while PS does all the main work and magical effects for me.

I tried GIMP in the past but I was not so into it. Other than that I used Clip Studio Paint, but not for long because it was too complicated, at least for me. 

My tablet I use is the Wacom Intous Draw (which is just the newer version of the small black+ green Wacom Bamboo tablet)..

it's so small I need a bigger tablet wen i have extra $$ :gross:

I use paint tool Sai for basically everything because i'm too lazy/stubborn to learn a new program.

And Gimp for making dp crops + some occasional effects

Archived