• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

post some quotes

Yimu

“i want to apologize to all the women i have called beautiful
before i’ve called them intelligent or brave
i am sorry i made it sound as though
something as simple as what you’re born with
is all you have to be proud of
when you have broken mountains with your wit 
from now on i will say things like
you are resilient, or you are extraordinary
not because i don’t think you’re beautiful
but because i need you to know
you are more than that”
rupi kaur

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.

-Confucius

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.

-Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some quotes from a couple of my favourite poetry authors. ♥

I love wholesome, but also sad melancholic poems since I tend to relate a ton.

Some of these will be lengthy, so please bear with me! ♥

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Before we begin, I’d like to share a story.

Once upon a time there was a jellyfish.

We’ll call it You.

You became lost sometimes

You could be a little unsure

You tried very hard

But sometimes it didn’t feel like enough.

I hate to spoil the ending

But You is fine

You is still here

You is going to make it.” 
― Courtney Peppernell, Pillow Thoughts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i am at the grocery store because i feel sad. i feel sad because nobody is in love with me. nobody is in love with me but everybody loves me. everybody loves me because i'm good at making people feel good. i'm good at making people feel good because i have had a lot of practice on myself. practice on myself because i feel sad a lot. i feel sad a lot, but when i make people feel good, i feel good for a little bit. i feel good for a little bit, until i get lonely. i get lonely and i am uncomfortable in my lonely. at the grocery store i practice trying to make myself feel good by pretending i am a regular person buying her groceries & not a very sad person trying to distract herself from crying. crying gives me a headache. headaches make me want to crawl into bed. crawling into bed is what sad people do. what sad people do when they are lonely looks a lot like me at the grocery store. at the grocery store, i feel sad but i look just like everybody else while picking out avocados, or lemons. items no one refers to as comfort food. comfort food makes me want to crawl into bed. crawling into bed reminds me of two things: i am sad & i am alone. i am alone, in the grocery store, moving slow in the condiment aisle. in the condiment aisle important decisions are made & everybody knows it is perfectly acceptable to stand around for too long. stand around for too long & i will begin to tap dance. tap dance lonely in the condiment aisle is a great title for a book, i think, as i wait in line to reach the cashier. the cashier seems surprised when i ask her how her night is going. her night is going okay, she says. she says nothing else, except: cash, credit, or debit? she waves goodbye. goodbye is the saddest work i know. the saddest word you know is my name. my name walks around at the grocery store & feels less sad. less sad, because at the grocery store, at least nobody knows there is nobody in love with me." 

― Sabrina Benaim, Depression & Other Magic Tricks

“i don’t know what living a balanced life feels like
when i am sad
i don’t cry, i pour
when i am happy
i don’t smile, i glow
when i am angry
i don’t yell, i burn
the good thing about 
feeling in extremes 
is when i love 
i give them wings 
but perhaps 
that isn't 
such a good thing 
cause they always 
tend to leave and 
you should see me 
when my heart is broken 
i don't grieve

i shatter” 
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey

• 1 month later...

“I want to do nothing but write and dream of strawberries and cream.”

—Sylvia Plath

"Poetry, beauty, romance, love. these are what we stay alive for”

— Dead Poets Society (1989)

“I wish I’d done everything on earth with you”

—The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

“She preferred most of all to live with flowers and music and to have a book, in quiet solitude”

—Hermann Hesse

“Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine.” 
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”

-Thomas Merton uvu

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...