• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Contest/Event suggestions

events-logo-update-v2.png

Contest/Event Suggestions
1c71749f77e6d4e9d83dd717696403da.png

In this thread here, we would like you guys to suggest ideas for future Contests or Events. The suggestion(s) can be anything that comes to my mind. Just remember, we want ideas that brings the community together and things that everyone can enjoy. 

If you would like to PM a suggestion, you can contact an Event Coordinator.

We want everyone's suggestions! There is no such thing as a bad idea!

You are more than welcome to host your own events/contests. However, they have to follow the contest and event rules that are located here.

Suggestions by Members

» Raffle
» Collaboration Contest
» Draw that Style
» Art Worm

»  Art Haven Meme

»  Art Haven House Uniforms Event

»  Horror Themed

»  Members Talent

»  Sweater Weather 

»  Pass it On Sketch

»  Pet Themed Event

»  Group Collab

»  Stained Glass Collab

»  Valentine's Day Word Scramble

»  MS Paint Challenge

»  Photography Contest

»  Character Design

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had an idea on an event. with the hurricane that hit Texas alot of homes was destroyed i feel like as a community we should all come together and donate either to redcross or any other Organisation. I really dont bother with anything like this but i myself had a love one in Texas and was pretty much up all night watching the news and making sure that person was okay. i cant imagine how the people felt who actually lived in Texas. spesh watching people crying over the homes that they lost any small amount that we donate can be a life change for the people in Texas who needs it the most.

Other then redcross here is a link that i found for other charities 

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=5239

Edited by Nerk
  • Like 2

@Nerk AYY that's a good idea - not being biased at all though LOL

I brought it up with the team and we will be setting up something to help out and bring awareness to this tragedy. It won't actually be an event though, either way thank you so much for suggesting this! especially knowing how close it is to my heart 

• Like 1

I personally lived in the part of Houston that didn't get hit as severely, nevertheless the entire community was impacted. My dad lived about 10 minutes away from an area where a dam overflowed, I believe, and a LOT of people are still trapped due to the overflow even though the rain has stopped. I was worried about @Fervent because I know you lived near Houston as well even though we don't really talk. :( And thank you @Nerk for suggesting it! I've heard some wish-wash things about Red-Cross, so if there is some kind of donation thing, I'd probably stray away from them. 

If you need I can look up some places to donate to that I know are legit, like Nerk linked.  

Edited by Guest

@Hin no need to thank me. Its just the right thing to do really :) i wasnt in that sitatuion and because i live in the UK i never will be but i do have someone who i love in Texas and at that time was the most worrying thing ive been through 

Edited by Nerk

@Uliel | Sorry for the late reply!

I don't think we need another another mascot since our current mascot is a blob which can be any shape/form and color. I'm not too sure about having a mascot for each section of the forum, I feel like it is too much. I just don't see what would the mascot be use for. If you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll bring it up with the team.

As for the featuring artwork, we already have something like that in mind and I know the admins are working on it behind close doors. So just be patient until we can bring that out <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fervent said:

@Uliel | Sorry for the late reply!

I don't think we need another another mascot since our current mascot is a blob which can be any shape/form and color. I'm not too sure about having a mascot for each section of the forum, I feel like it is too much. I just don't see what would the mascot be use for. If you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll bring it up with the team.

As for the featuring artwork, we already have something like that in mind and I know the admins are working on it behind close doors. So just be patient until we can bring that out <3

Hehe oh thats nice, yeah well another mascot is just a excuse for drawing something for the site :P its just a bad idea i know xD

3 minutes ago, Queen said:

Do you have any ideas on the types of events we can hold?  Astrology is quite a broad category, so what *specifically* are you thinking?

+ Why don't you host an astrology event yourself?  Members are allowed to host events as long as they don't conflict with our official events.  You don't have to wait on us.  :^)

Something pertaining to each person's birth sign ( Aries, Taurus, etc.) maybe.

And I've never really hosted anything like that so I'd have no idea where to even start + don't have anything set w prizes or the funds. '-' 

1 minute ago, Queen said:

But what

How would we set this up, what would they need to do to participate, what's the end goal, how long would it last, etc.

Lol I'll get back to you on that. Hadn't put that much thought into it. Just an idea I tossed out a long while ago.

Edited by Vee

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if we can have a big event in support of victims of sexual assault/ harassment. To use our artwork and give victims a voice. I'm hoping our art from this event can make some change for others. Maybe have it spread out to other social media. 

• Like 1

Suggested it on the survey but a custom Gasr Emoticon contest ? Just for a less extensive art contest that some of those that feel like they aren't as artistically inclined as others might be able to get into.

Also something based around drawing Pablob would be fun too, like a Pablob costume event?

• 4 months later...

Summer solstice is on june 21st ♥ there's a idea !

Maybe something related to the sun or maybe something like Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" since midsummer is, as quoted by wikipedia: "the period of time centered upon the summer solstice"