• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Contest/Event suggestions

System Notice

I'm fairly sure that GASR around valentines day has not done a charity and I've been looking into it. 

Valentines day is a huge day that revolves around you being with those you love and hold close, however, In many cases that "love" isn't exactly that. 

Valentines day is the biggest day for those who suffer or have suffered from domestic abuse have to face.

I was wanting to know if possible could there be a charity event for those who donate to a domestic abuse charity / organization receive something? Art from particular artists who'd be willing to offer? Elite membership?  etc. 

I'd love for there to be some light shed on this & for people to help those who suffer from this, its covered up by a lot of the mushy gushy things on that day. 

There could also be other charities!! It doesn't just have to stop at domestic abuse, I know I've been looking into finding a place to donate feminine products and personal hygiene to the homeless.

Edited by Klndred
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Botanical Event :llampret: Maybe for the end of winter, just a cute floral event. Maybe a week of art prompts for different mediums (poetry, story writing + art/comic, digital art, traditional, screenshots, etc.) Prompts such as; Botanical Witches, Botanical Aliens, etc. Random ass idea tbh  :sideeyeha:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I was just curious if we are planning to have another Earth Day event, I know it's still a bit over a month away, but I really enjoyed last years, plus you can never spread enough environmental awareness :flower:

39 minutes ago, Verixia said:

I was just curious if we are planning to have another Earth Day event, I know it's still a bit over a month away, but I really enjoyed last years, plus you can never spread enough environmental awareness :flower:

We don't usually tell what events were are planning until they are close! We like to keep you guys on your toes and surprise you. I'm really glad to hear your enjoyed last year's though and I agree! :blove:

32 minutes ago, MeiTzu said:

can we have kdrama/korean movie marathon  or any korean related lol xD events with a cute badge

I'm not sure that's something we will be doing at the moment, since it's very niche. When we host events, we try try to build them around something that the vast majority of people would be interested in! You can however, host your own event! That option is always there for you. :walove:

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

We don't usually tell what events were are planning until they are close! We like to keep you guys on your toes and surprise you. I'm really glad to hear your enjoyed last year's though and I agree! :blove:

I'm not sure that's something we will be doing at the moment, since it's very niche. When we host events, we try try to build them around something that the vast majority of people would be interested in! You can however, host your own event! That option is always there for you. :walove:

im just helping to suggest xD

2 hours ago, Alismora said:

gorl yas tell me why I was asking about this the other day as well.  (earth day events are one of the first ideas I ever brought to the table when I first joined as a mod many moons ago)  WE SHALL WAIT AND SEEEEEE

excited pumped up GIF by NBA

Glad I'm not the only one excited for Earth day! :ohug:

• 2 months later...

I think it'd be awesome where we did an event for the houses where we either create a character or dress our characters up in house uniforms! Idk if there are uniforms already made, but we can also have an event where we ask each house to design a uniform for the school!! Then make a template for characters for users to fill in like on DA when they make groups for certain themes. Does that kinda make sense???? LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Maybe we can do a event based on American Horror Story?

* suggesting *

Create overlays based on the seasons 1-8. Individuals pick a season or describe why they like something in ASH. Maybe also do a drawing event connected, where artists draw and paint a theme about AHS.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, Yoonah said:

I think it'd be awesome where we did an event for the houses where we either create a character or dress our characters up in house uniforms! Idk if there are uniforms already made, but we can also have an event where we ask each house to design a uniform for the school!! Then make a template for characters for users to fill in like on DA when they make groups for certain themes. Does that kinda make sense???? LOL

LOVE this idea! It sounds so cute and would help us all come together as well! Thank you for the suggestion. :) :blove:

19 hours ago, CuddleBunny said:

Maybe we can do a event based on American Horror Story?

* suggesting *

Create overlays based on the seasons 1-8. Individuals pick a season or describe why they like something in ASH. Maybe also do a drawing event connected, where artists draw and paint a theme about AHS.

Hey! I unfortunately think that the AHS theme is a bit too niche to create an event solely based on it (I love it too though!). However, we could definitely work on some horror themed events if you guys wanted something sort of spooky! Another reminder that you can also do member hosted events if that niche idea is something you'd really like to see. Feel free to suggest any other ideas you may have for a horror themed event though!. :) :lazierblush:

• Upvote 1

Trunk sale for art?

Basically the idea is to get a group of artists that have premades that have been sitting for awhile in their shops that are not really selling, or new artists that don't have a ton of exposure to sorta put them on the map. It's not as structured as an auction because it has multiple themes so it's more collectic, the idea isn't really to be an auction but it could be, might be simpler to just have a flat price. You can hype up the event prior so people are aware of it (mostly so they can have money when the time comes). My personal opinion, I like to know about auctions or events that require money ahead of time.

Summer slumber party / Bundle up Tuesdays / Flashback Fridays, basically just more movie nights it could be chick flick, comedy, action, etc. I always find it fun to join in on the movie days when you guys have them and it's really easy but it relies on the mods schedules, maybe get a trusted mod assistant to also help stream in case a mod gets tired or something happens? I'm not too sure how that would work. You don't always have to provide an reward such as a badge, it could just be for fun. 

Maybe an event that focuses on the members talents, being taught a talent, or somewhere in between? Say you have a green thumb, you can show an easy way to take care of eucalyptus plant. If you are into sewing, you can show someone how to make a bag. If you are super skilled in video games, you can take a group of newbies under your wing and show them how to play. Showing someone how to make jewelry or cook, what recipes you use or love. I'm sure there are tons of family recipes because we are all diverse and come from different parts of the world. Sharing your passions with the community and also opening up common interests so it helps interactions and brings more people to be active. I know it doesn't guarantee members to be more active but it's nice for people who are more introverted that you have something in common before talking, know that people who are participating are friendly, and are open to making new friends.   

Auction themed around different planets/galaxies, black & white, drawing in a different style, favorite movies/music, fan art, eras, favorite Disney movies, different cultures, different alcohol beverages, comic book styles, get inspired by different cities / countries, architecture(more of an inspiration on what that person would be based on how the buildings are built), or fashion trends that you love.

Sweater Weather, use a template of a sweater and allow everyone to color or redesign / do anything they want and allow members to vote on which sweater they like the most (Fall / Winter)

Pumpkin Spice challenge, you can get members to spot pumpkin spice anywhere(not on the internet) and the most unique item will win?  (Fall / Winter)

Online games are always a fun option, Scribble, Scrabble, Overwatch, League, World of Warcraft, Ark, Minecraft, Raft, Stardew Valley, Tera, etc.

(These are just suggestions, I know that there are some off topic threads.)

I'm not sure how realistic these ideas are but I thought it was worth a shot. :fingerguns:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Trunk sale for art?

Basically the idea is to get a group of artists that have premades that have been sitting for awhile in their shops that are not really selling, or new artists that don't have a ton of exposure to sorta put them on the map. It's not as structured as an auction because it has multiple themes so it's more collectic, the idea isn't really to be an auction but it could be, might be simpler to just have a flat price. You can hype up the event prior so people are aware of it (mostly so they can have money when the time comes). My personal opinion, I like to know about auctions or events that require money ahead of time.

Summer slumber party / Bundle up Tuesdays / Flashback Fridays, basically just more movie nights it could be chick flick, comedy, action, etc. I always find it fun to join in on the movie days when you guys have them and it's really easy but it relies on the mods schedules, maybe get a trusted mod assistant to also help stream in case a mod gets tired or something happens? I'm not too sure how that would work. You don't always have to provide an reward such as a badge, it could just be for fun. 

Maybe an event that focuses on the members talents, being taught a talent, or somewhere in between? Say you have a green thumb, you can show an easy way to take care of eucalyptus plant. If you are into sewing, you can show someone how to make a bag. If you are super skilled in video games, you can take a group of newbies under your wing and show them how to play. Showing someone how to make jewelry or cook, what recipes you use or love. I'm sure there are tons of family recipes because we are all diverse and come from different parts of the world. Sharing your passions with the community and also opening up common interests so it helps interactions and brings more people to be active. I know it doesn't guarantee members to be more active but it's nice for people who are more introverted that you have something in common before talking, know that people who are participating are friendly, and are open to making new friends.   

Auction themed around different planets/galaxies, black & white, drawing in a different style, favorite movies/music, fan art, eras, favorite Disney movies, different cultures, different alcohol beverages, comic book styles, get inspired by different cities / countries, architecture(more of an inspiration on what that person would be based on how the buildings are built), or fashion trends that you love.

Sweater Weather, use a template of a sweater and allow everyone to color or redesign / do anything they want and allow members to vote on which sweater they like the most (Fall / Winter)

Pumpkin Spice challenge, you can get members to spot pumpkin spice anywhere(not on the internet) and the most unique item will win?  (Fall / Winter)

Online games are always a fun option, Scribble, Scrabble, Overwatch, League, World of Warcraft, Ark, Minecraft, Raft, Stardew Valley, Tera, etc.

(These are just suggestions, I know that there are some off topic threads.)

I'm not sure how realistic these ideas are but I thought it was worth a shot. :fingerguns:

It's clear you put a lot of thought into these ideas and I think you have some really great ones. :blove:I absolutely love the idea of our members teaching each other something new, it'd be a really great way for members to branch out and maybe even find a new hobby in the end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it would be cool if we had an event where a non-artist sketches something and then that sketch is given to an artist who will finish it off with their own interpretation. I was thinking maybe of having artists who would like to participate to sign up and the event mods can give the sketches to them, to make it a little more challenging and random :hee: Just an idea to let both non-artists and artists participate! And both can get their own badge :ey:

I was inspired from rossdraws, below are some examples!

Edited by Fervent
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Fervent said:

I think it would be cool if we had an event where a non-artist sketches something and then that sketch is given to an artist who will finish it off with their own interpretation. I was thinking maybe of having artists who would like to participate to sign up and the event mods can give the sketches to them, to make it a little more challenging and random :hee: Just an idea to let both non-artists and artists participate! And both can get their own badge :ey:

I was inspired from rossdraws, below are some examples!

Reveal hidden contents

I like this idea! 

• 1 month later...

Not sure where else to post this as it's more of a question rather than suggestion.

I was wondering when the secret santa "names" would be handed out, since sign-ups etc closed a couple of days ago (I can't remember reading anything else than they would hand out names after the sign-up date)?

1 hour ago, Shark said:

Not sure where else to post this as it's more of a question rather than suggestion.

I was wondering when the secret santa "names" would be handed out, since sign-ups etc closed a couple of days ago (I can't remember reading anything else than they would hand out names after the sign-up date)?

If you have a question regarding an event that is going on, you should send a PM to one of the event coordinators as this topic is for future event suggestions! :kcheeks:

To answer your question, Secret Santa sign ups just closed on November 16th. Normally it will take a little over a week to get the names sorted. We had to develop a new sorting process as well. You should be getting a message from Sledda the Elf some time next week. Please keep in mind, not everyone will receive it on the same day. We will be sending them out in batches because there are quite a few to go through. We just ask for your patience and understanding during this process. We know you're excited just as we are! :lazedances:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

606208688885202955.gif?v=1 I would really adore an event that's centered around the growth of an artist! Something that celebrates moving forward and improvement. It could be similar to one of those redraw challenges (where you redo an older artwork in your new techniques) - something up this alley! I think an Artist's progression is one of the most beautiful parts of art. Growth and change are things we should accept if we want to improve! I feel like having an event that really showcases and brings forth the idea of your Art Journey not being something to be ashamed of, but something worth embracing would be amazing to see and be a part of. :kwave:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

hi hehe I have two ideas I hope that’s ok!

not sure if this idea was too big to do but I thought I’d say anyway!!

i think an event centred around our pets would be a cute idea! 
maybe we could be grouped into pairs, then the artist has a choice of drawing the pet, the pet and owner or the pet with an oc!  
or again with the pet theme, we could get our pets made into human ocs! just an extra fun thought I had uwu

we split into groups and have an ongoing drawing, (around 4 people)

where each person has to add something until the art-piece is fully complete ! 
then at the end the groups can giveaway the art to someone or sell it (if the money can be split to a good sum) 

thanks for considering!

:bthanks:

Edited by Adorelee
  • Like 7

@Taylor AHH I love this idea so much! I actually was thinking of something similar (i miss our creative brain waves :lazecry:) but yours is much more polish than what I had LOL. We will def keep this in mind for upcoming events. Thank you for the suggestion!! :byaslove:

@Adorelee OO Both ideas are really cute!!! I love them both. An event involving pets will be so adorable and something I don't think we've done before? As for the group drawing, that will be really interesting to see different art styles into one. Thank you so much for the suggestions, we will try our best to include these in future events! :kcheeks:

• Like 4