• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Selling OC's with their art guidelines

Rate this question

aespa

Question

Hii so I have a lot of art of my OC's ranging from 2018-2021 (havent gotten any past 2021) and I noticed half of the artist either changed their name, deleted their account or went on hiatus. How do I go about selling my oc's then? I don't want them to just rot and I want to sell them either on here or a diff site. I am still tracking down artist seeing that I saved their usernames on each piece I got but yeah how do I go about doing this process

3 answers to this question

If you're unable to find the specific artists, you would not be able to resell the artwork obtained from them nor include their price with your character's resell. Without the proper permissions from the artist, you do not have the proper rights to resell the artwork even though it is of a character you created yourself. You may need to hold on to those specific pieces. 

As far as our rules go, we do not allow resells unless the artist provides permission and the character has been classified as an adoptable. While the character was created by you and you technically own the copyright to the design, it comes with artwork you purchased from other artists, which complicates things. If you're able to obtain the proper rights and permissions to resell, we would consider allowing you to advertise a character resell since it's a character you designed. You would need to provide proof that you've received permission and not include any artwork created by artists who are unable to be tracked down in the resell or the price.

• Like 1

Hi Aespa!

I would say if you're still searching for these artists and want to know if they are still active or where to find them, try going here:

However, you're not allowed to resell OC's here on AH.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:34 PM, Yoniu said:

Hi Aespa!

I would say if you're still searching for these artists and want to know if they are still active or where to find them, try going here:

However, you're not allowed to resell OC's here on AH.

TYSM!! I just saw this, I'll have a look now & see what I can find.