• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

payment methods + pricing for my art?

Rate this question

leileita

Question

what's a normal payment processor outside of paypal?

longstoryshort, i think i ended up doing something wrong with a payment (i got like.. a chargeback on either a commission or an online mmorpg item exchange when the deal was done and over with) and got my paypal frozen >_<

can i use cashapp or kofi for payments for commissions?

also what are some recommendations for getting commissions?

like... what makes a commission post popular? >_< id love to earn extra income whilst i begin college work but yeeaa

i heard joining trends on twitter can increase range for likitties and all but is it worth it for commission popularity? its not like likes can funnel my art into commission-worthy status or anything... that's what i read elsewhere anyway

my current commissions range from 40 usd to 160 usd... is that fair? what do you think of my current pricing? im working on samples but its like jdkdsbnkdnckds...

my examples are here: needeuji.deviantart.com

Edited by leileita

4 answers to this question

Hi leileita,

Cashapp and Ko-fi are allowed to be used as a payment method, but please note that not all of our members may use it and it may therefor limit the commissions ordered.

We usually advise on using PayPal, as they have great Terms of Service for both the sellers and buyers in case something happens during the process. 

What makes a commission topic popular varies, it can be a specific artist being popular or people just looking for a specific style.

As for your question regarding your prices, that would be best to post here in Critique & Pricing forum!

Let me know if you have any further questions!