• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Open Community  ·  38 members  ·  Free

Aqcage | Compendium

[PROJ] | Catalog Re-Styling for Pantone@IMVU

Pantone

Started 1/13/24 | Current Status: Compiling Inventory

kcQa7hCIRE8RA0w3TP1jDdKzxaUvYpRACRtAWnGDc7easDTSNSoJaEX3WacF5Vnz7kpf1jlcF6sYzY1l2J2vVUaJpAdbS5HCpKa1YPMXjGUoTwjkV1-voPRp_SxzPNGlGT6QKldkxpSN7jaJs2wcamY

xCatalog Styling: Pantone @ IMVUx

This is a new "series", or journey if you'd like, of actually putting my catalog styling services to use. It's something that I have wanted to offer, but had no bites for over the last few years - so I am going to make a case study about my own experiences, inventory and time-sink to revamp m IMVU catalog. If you are new here, I am Pantone on Art Haven, but also Pantone on IMVU and I have been playing on the platform for about fifteen years. This thread is going to be dedicated to the design, strategy and quantification of a grandfathered creator account and bringing the marketing/design up to date (2024).

xMY RESOURCESx

Google Sheet (Inventory) | (LINK)

Current Visible Products:

xCurrent Icon Design (Yes All Current Icons of Pantone)x

This is gonna document how many icons are in m public catalog on IMVU. (And all of the name changes I have had and never updated my own icon for.)

image.png.35562eff80e5093a27660709773bf2ef.png image.png.c241c7ce2b75bef1481cd3ce31a20049.png image.png.4d1ab2617620812e7627b05ce39ea253.png image.png.b65dca44c0ca858b93ca352f963aceb2.png image.png.7402b8768815a678d914faf0afd15913.png image.png.90ba21f92bbeb7941bd0b28ef6644bd7.png 

Edited by Pantone

1/14/24 Notes

1. Started the process of figuring out what was public, what wasn't (visibility).
  2. Considering what types of icon I will need (hair, furniture, sticker/badge, clothes, etc. Determining if I want one icon or a set of icons that are similar in theming.
  3. Also deciding if I am optimizing the titles/descriptions/product pages as well. I'm leaning toward yes.
  4. Starting to formulate what the overall design concept will be - has to span icons, homepage, product page, banners.
  5. Before establishing a design, I am working through updating what the new titles should be and what 12 keywords we should use in the product submission.
  6. Got through about 22-ish products with updating title and search keywords.
  7. Made/coded a product page with more SEO-rich content. Applied it to one product (after making aesthetic adjustments)
  8. Made changes to one hairstyle product: icon, product page, keywords and product name.
  9. Decided on icon/banner look - kept it clean and seasonally mild:

O-Zeplin_Hair.png.2db3a8695850befabc7bbdbacc64fbb2.png 250x100_Banner.png.f7b87f978aa2f5ee09886b0bebbbb93d.png

Total work time today: 4HR, 10M

Edited by Pantone

• 1 month later...

2/15/24 Notes

1. Working in "chunks" today, starting with any hair formerly named "Ariel".
  2. PS2017 - the "Replace Content" is saving my brain, it'll be really easy to do this in batches, rather than just go by the master list, in order.
  3. Realizing now all of my hair SHOULD be the same in price.. and they are 100% not.
  4. Did 9 updates, with icon, product page update in right about an hour.
  5. Able to bring back one hidden product so far, to add to the hair I am working through. Progress!
  6. In total I updated & submitted 37 products back into peer review. I have back around 17 approved and live, after PR.

Total work time today: 3HR, 15M

Edited by Pantone

Important Information

By using Art Haven and its features, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines, and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.