• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Story time!

Lame

:lazesxy:

Hellooooo. 

I'm a story's fan.

So I thought it would be a great idea to share interesting, fun and cool stories!

Here's the thing: I want you guys to post here a cool story you know. Maybe from when you were kids and can't get it out of your head or just something you heard recently. Could be real, mythological, magical, fantastic, etc, etc, etc.

Let's all learn something new and interesting! 

My story: Myth of Hades & Persephone

I tell everyone this story but now the whole website can know my 7th grade history class torment.

I was in 7th grade history class and we were instructed to draw some world war stuff on a large poster. Cool, was working on it.

We were sectioned in groups of four for our tables and of course the kid I liked, Troy Diwa, was sitting across from me.

So he looks over at what I'm doing and he asks, "Alex, why are you drawing so small?"

And I say "I like it small."

What my pure little innocent mind didn't register was what I had said.

This kid?

Oh.

He blurts out to the whole class "HA, ALEX LIKES IT SMALL" and everyone starts laughing, even the teacher..

I was the shy girl in school and seeing everyone laugh and stare at me made me almost sent me into a panic attack and I brushed it off and laughed, hiding my face almost in tears in embarrassment.

That was the end of that crush.

If you're reading this somehow Troy, I know you won't remember but I always will.

Thanks for the trauma, you little shit.

Another story I have is a paranormal or freaky one I experienced when I was 7 years old. Apparently the number 7 creates stories for me.

So I was in a summer camp that year in a high school and there were rumors it had been haunted.

Me being 7, yeah okay, I just want to play, eat saugy sandwiches, and go home.

We were all playing in the gym and a bathroom was attached to it. I gotta go do business.

Nobody home. Nobody enters home.

I finish what I'm doing and walk up to the mirror.

I see a little girl that looked like me when I was a toddler staring back at me in the mirror to my left.

I freeze and scream, running out of the bathroom as fast as I can to the gym far away.

I keep my eyes glued to the entrance of the bathroom gym to see if anybody came out for probably 5 minutes.

Nobody did.

:hwspooky:

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I tell everyone this story but now the whole website can know my 7th grade history class torment.

I was in 7th grade history class and we were instructed to draw some world war stuff on a large poster. Cool, was working on it.

We were sectioned in groups of four for our tables and of course the kid I liked, Troy Diwa, was sitting across from me.

So he looks over at what I'm doing and he asks, "Alex, why are you drawing so small?"

And I say "I like it small."

What my pure little innocent mind didn't register was what I had said.

This kid?

Oh.

He blurts out to the whole class "HA, ALEX LIKES IT SMALL" and everyone starts laughing, even the teacher..

I was the shy girl in school and seeing everyone laugh and stare at me made me almost sent me into a panic attack and I brushed it off and laughed, hiding my face almost in tears in embarrassment.

That was the end of that crush.

If you're reading this somehow Troy, I know you won't remember but I always will.

Thanks for the trauma, you little shit.

Another story I have is a paranormal or freaky one I experienced when I was 7 years old. Apparently the number 7 creates stories for me.

So I was in a summer camp that year in a high school and there were rumors it had been haunted.

Me being 7, yeah okay, I just want to play, eat saugy sandwiches, and go home.

We were all playing in the gym and a bathroom was attached to it. I gotta go do business.

Nobody home. Nobody enters home.

I finish what I'm doing and walk up to the mirror.

I see a little girl that looked like me when I was a toddler staring back at me in the mirror to my left.

I freeze and scream, running out of the bathroom as fast as I can to the gym far away.

I keep my eyes glued to the entrance of the bathroom gym to see if anybody came out for probably 5 minutes.

Nobody did.

:hwspooky:

I'm so sorry for that awful 7th grade experience!

Also that 2nd story was really creepy wth

SINCE IT'S THE MONTH OF SPOOKS.

About 4 years ago my best friend moved into a new house, I spent all my time with her and we LOVED just driving around and listening to music (still do).

ANYWAYS. We were exploring the new area around her house, and her brother and her had told me about this creepy dirt road about 10 minutes away, so stupid us drive there at 11-12 at night.

The road is pitch black and goes on for quite a ways, buuttt we aren't about to back out. We get a ways down and there's this house that's completely abandoned and chained up and she mentioned to me that it wasn't when they went and they'd found some weird stuff in it like someone had tried to do some witch-y stuff there.

ON DOWN THE ROAD there's a tiny graveyard. We stop for a moment, already pretty spooked from the ambience. And then I see a pair of eyes and start screaming bloody murder and then she starts to when she sees it. I've never seen someone put the car into reverse so quickly and yeet the heck out of somewhere faster than we did that night.

For all I know it could've just been a dog but I never went back with her.:NOOOOO:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an experience I had yesterday.

I'd like to title this story: Go to sleep mom! D:<

I woke up and went to the kitchen to make some cinnimon rolls. Yum. Then my mother comes stomping into the kitchen and she said to me, "We have a problem and I don't know how we're going to handle it." I thought something serious was going on. She continued, "We're infested with mold." I said, "Alright then, call the landlord and he can help take care of it." In a panic she replies with, "I have but look!" She shows me the bottom of her feet. "It's black mold, it's in my feet, it's crawling in my skin, and it's everywhere in this house!"

At this point I'm already skeptical of what's actually going on. Just didn't add up considering my health and body was just fine. So, I ended up searching for what black mold looks like, how to spot black mold, and how mold can affect your body and health. After hours of looking at videos and articles, I felt like I had a basic knowledge of what to look for. I got a flashlight and searched in all the places that mold is more likely to form. Nothing. Couldn't find anything but dust balls, dirt, and hair.

I tried to inform mom that more likely we're not infested with black mold but she insisted we were. She's power cleaning everything at this point, picks up a ball of hair and told me to look at it and watch it move. Her hands were shaking so I couldn't make sense of what she was talking about it. I grabbed it and I basically stood there staring at hair.. for no reason. She went absolutly mental when I moved it around to throw it away, desperately trying to get away from it. It just got worse from there.

Every spec of dust, dirt, and hair everywhere in the house had now become mold to her. Loose thread from a curtain rod was mold to her. Bread crumbs from where I just made a sandwich was mold to her. At this point I knew something wasn't right and I thought she had absolutly lost her marbles. Eventually I tried to ignore her because everywhere I went in the house she'd come running up to me commanding me to come look at something. I almost lost it when she started looking in the fridge and pointed out some brown puddle looking crud at the bottom, claimed it was mold, like everything else. I got down on the floor to get a good look at it. It was.. melted chocolate. Melted chocolate! Probably from her chocolate addiction and where she'll let it sit out in her room. It would melt so she'll just chuck it into the fridge. I can't tell you how many deformed chocolate bars I've seen in that fridge.

Trying to calm her down and calm myself down, from getting frustrated, I scrubbed the chocolate out and everything else that could be 'mold'. That didn't stop her though, oh no. She started throwing away our food! She even tried to throw away a jar of jam I opened up two days ago and I love my jam. I've had it at this point but I didn't know what to do. I was talking to my fiance` on skype and asked him what I should do. We looked up everything we could because he too thought she had lost her marbles. At first we thought it was her medication messing with her but they've never effected her like this. Then it hit me, I realized that I have not noticed my mom going to sleep. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and she'd still be awake.

After I thought about how to talk to her, I went to her and I straight up asked, "How much sleep have you had in the past 3-4 days?" She was silent for a bit and it looked like she was trying to think about the question I just asked her then she replied with, "I slept some." I slowly said, "Okay, but how much?" In a muffled voice she said, "Maybe two hours..?" "And the night before that?" I asked. Again, she had to think about it. She ended up with, "I don't remember." I knew then and there what was going on and I sternly told her that she needed to go to sleep and that if she didn't, she could get worse. She sighed, "Okay but I want to finish cleaning this kitchen first."

I stayed up to make sure she would go to sleep.  It took her another hour or so and she finally went to bed. Next morning she was absolutly fine. Not a single freak out, not a word about mold, nothing. She was just her normal self and she even apologized to me for yesterday. Honestly, I'm just glad she got some sleep because I was worried sick about her.

So long story short, try to get enough sleep, even if you have bad insomnia like my mother. She's had insomnia ever since she was young. This time it ended up with her having hallucinations and that wasn't fun for anyone. oAo

I honestly didn't realize how long this story was going to be and it's been forever since I tried to use proper story telling grammar. There's probably loads of mistakes but hope I got the story across okay. I just really wanted to share this some how because it was definitely an experience for me. Haha. :P

• 2 weeks later...

All boys we have a crush on are horrible when young. 

Totally go back to that graveyard in the day time

Oh man I hope your mom continues to get SOME sleep. 

This was a story told to me by my mother.

When I was a baby (not a year old yet) she left me in my crib to go to the kitchen. I was always quiet, just demanded attention a lot. When she returned to me she saw I was gone and immediately went into a panic. She called my older brother, who was 8 years old at the time (yes a huge gap. Different fathers) to ask if he seen me. He says “No mommy, I don’t know where Jamilla (jah-mee-lah) is. So they look for me all over the house. I’m a baby, I can’t even WALK or sit up on my own! Finally I yell out. I’m right next to my older brothers Nintendo. He came clean and said he took me, but he only wanted me to watch him play the game. My mother asked how he would achieve that since I’m only a baby. He proceeded to place me in between his legs, wrap his arms around me and hold the controller to show her how he was doing it until she called him. She let him continue for a bit longer. 

• he must have been excited because he was/is small...js
  • i agree, go with plenty of daylight
  • yeah thats not good...i have insomnia as well...
  • aww. lol.

Here's a (short) story

I have many hauntingly spooky stories...

Things that I have experienced irl...

If you'd all like to read them...

lemme know...I'll type 'em up...

I have many vivid dreams, some of which seem all too real..

I have woken up shouting in my dream, or trying to scream in my dream and irl...

I have woken tangled up in my sheets...

Most of my dreams have some kind of military/combat likeness in them...

Some I have remembered and written down for further reflection...

This one's kinda sad so I hope that's okay

As a child, I was a very big goody-two-shoes. You would never catch me doing anything bad or out of order, I even refused to stand on my tippy toes to get that extra inch of height so I could ride the Hulk because "that's against the rules, I can't do that!". Among all the things I wouldn't do, I didn't like being mean to people and that included saying any sort of curse word. Granted, I was in first grade and even tho I didn't know many curse words I still could grasp when a word was bad. So instead of using 'bad' words, I substituted them for other things. Booty head, stupid, rotten bear, etc. [I still kind of do this, but now it's just a mixture of curse words and things like 'cardboard box' or 'cactus']

SO, I have no idea how I came to know the word 'bastard' and why I didn't consider it one of those bad words. I can't tell you were I heard or if someone said it around me, but I think I just thought it was another word I could say that wasn't bad. [i was v wrong]. Fast forward a couple weeks after I acquired this silky new word and I'm in a heated argument with my brother, he stole my chocolate and we're throwing out some colorful language:

"Give it back you butface!"

"Nope, it's mine now" Takes a bite

I got so upset and so I used my new word and I called him a bastard. I don't remember if he knew what it meant either, he was about 3 years older than me, but my mom definitely did and she screamed at me to never say that or call him that again. Only a couple years after he died did I find out that we had different dads and that's why my mom yelled so vehemently at me to never say it again.  Sorry bro.

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:57 AM, Demon said:

This one's kinda sad so I hope that's okay

As a child, I was a very big goody-two-shoes. You would never catch me doing anything bad or out of order, I even refused to stand on my tippy toes to get that extra inch of height so I could ride the Hulk because "that's against the rules, I can't do that!". Among all the things I wouldn't do, I didn't like being mean to people and that included saying any sort of curse word. Granted, I was in first grade and even tho I didn't know many curse words I still could grasp when a word was bad. So instead of using 'bad' words, I substituted them for other things. Booty head, stupid, rotten bear, etc. [I still kind of do this, but now it's just a mixture of curse words and things like 'cardboard box' or 'cactus']

SO, I have no idea how I came to know the word 'bastard' and why I didn't consider it one of those bad words. I can't tell you were I heard or if someone said it around me, but I think I just thought it was another word I could say that wasn't bad. [i was v wrong]. Fast forward a couple weeks after I acquired this silky new word and I'm in a heated argument with my brother, he stole my chocolate and we're throwing out some colorful language:

"Give it back you butface!"

"Nope, it's mine now" Takes a bite

I got so upset and so I used my new word and I called him a bastard. I don't remember if he knew what it meant either, he was about 3 years older than me, but my mom definitely did and she screamed at me to never say that or call him that again. Only a couple years after he died did I find out that we had different dads and that's why my mom yelled so vehemently at me to never say it again.  Sorry bro.

Oh noooooo! I remember the first time I rode the Hulk the wouldn't let me wear my glasses cause y'know... policies; So the entire time in line I was super disoriented by all the noises and couldn't tell what the heck anything around me was, me being like 12 at the time. I ultimately enjoyed it but I still couldn't see anything because I have granny-vision.

Concerning early-life swear words, I totally had them down. Knew them all thanks to my older sister, but I was a good little girl and never said a bad word save for the occasional stubbed toe...which is exactly what got me in trouble once. I was on the playground in like, 3rd grade, and I was playing tag because obviously that's the ultimate playground sport. I was about to launch myself down the tube slide to escape my fate of being "it" when I slammed my pinkie toe into the rim of the slide, hard. Now here's when I do what anyone would've probably done in my position; under my breathe I swore, not knowing there was a kid from my class directly behind me. I quickly recover, go down the slide and continue my game, but the kid runs to the teacher and snitches on me. HE SNITCHED. I end up getting in so much trouble for swearing over a stubbed toe that the teacher tells the whole class what I do and makes me call my mom and tell her what I did as well. My mom didn't care, obviously, she knew I was a good kid and would never do something without reason but at this point I was in tears and was hyperventilating. So frick you teach, and frick you too random kid.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember there was this one story that my second grade teacher read to me about this older woman who had a cat named Tush, and the cat got its name because he had no tail, so all you saw was his butt. I think the woman ended up dying in the end and it was very sad, but I'll never forget the name of that book and how funny it was to me as a kid growing up. 

Three men are stranded on an island. They are close to starvation, when a Native Tribe finds them and takes them back to their camp. The leader says:" Go in a jungle and bring back a fruit, then we will let you live". They go out looking for fruits, the first guy comes back with a peach. The leader says:" Now take the peach and shove it up your ass, if you laugh, we will kill you."
He attempts it but has to laugh so they cut his head off. The second man appears back from his trip with a grape. The leader gives him the same instructions, but the second guy doesn't seem to have any problems, but bursts out laughing mid way through his test. He too is beheaded.

In heaven the two guys meet, the first guy says:" I laughed because the peaches fuzz was tickling my bum, why did you laugh?"
The second man responded:" I was doing fine, until I saw the third guy come back with a Pineapple."

My whole class once got detention because I drew a penis with a glue stick on the whiteboard and when the teacher went to wipe off the board all the fluff came off and stuck to the glue. I never got in trouble for it because my whole class found it too funny to tell the teacher it was me.

When it was my 21st birthday, my friends wanted to take me to a strip club. I didn't want to go but my friend was driving so I had no choice. The best part after the lap dance my friend got me is he tipped her only a dollar because they told him that we can tip whatever we want.

• 1 month later...

When I had my birthday this year I got a cake themed sailor moon. I was so excited since it was the first time I got a custom cake in my life. Also it delicious but that was an extra I didn't expect. haha The look of the cake itself was the best thing ever. P. S. I'll insert a photo later. 🎂

55822165_656989178065144_9017284357643042816_n.jpg

Archived