• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

New to Art Haven, how do I start?

Rate this question

benzedrine

Question

Hi! I'm new to Art Haven and I'm somewhat lost. I saw it recommended as a site that's good for commissions so I decided to make an account, but I'm slightly confused as to how some things function. Are there any site-specific etiquettes I should know about? And are there optimal ways to post my art and commissions? If there's anything else I should know about using this site please let me know as well! 

2 answers to this question

Hi there!  Welcome to Art Haven, we're happy to have you here!  Art Haven can be overwhelming at first; with all of its topics and different buttons. 

Are there any site-specific etiquettes I should know about?

Yes, there is!  One important one I'd quickly like to go over is: Explicit Content
Users 18 and older have access to content that is known as "Mature Content".  Mature content is content that might be sensitive to some users or is otherwise unsuitable for general audiences or workplace environments.

We offer filters for this content - meaning only users who have "Mature Content" on VIA account settings will be the only users able to view it.

Mature content might include:

Spoiler

-Nudity or sexually explicit content

-Full or partial nudity

-Gratuitous or explicit display of breasts, buttocks, and sexual organs intended to stimulate erotic feelings

-Sexually themed content or depiction of any sexual activity, explicit or implied

-Provocative, inflammatory, unsettling, or suggestive content

-Sexually explicit language, gestures, or expressions

-Provocative scantily clothed men or women

-Discussions about sexual experiences or fetishes

-Non-sexually explicit content that makes an average person squeamish or disgusted (ex: excessive gore, body mutilations

Examples of nudity or sexually explicit content:
See-through clothing, bondage/bdsm themes, use of toys and other sexual objects, exposed or clearly defined genitalia, some images of exposed or clearly defined female nipples/areolas, exposed butts in thong underwear or lingerie, semen, ahegao, linking to sexually explicit content.

We ask that any content that may fall under these categories gets filtered by marking it as "Mature Content".

You will be able to better familiarize yourself with more website etiquette by taking a closer look at our Community Guidelines.

Are there optimal ways to post my art and commissions?

As you might have seen, we have a Gallery section as well as a Forum section.
The Gallery is used for promotion:  You can promote your shop, website, or art in general.  The gallery isn't used for selling premade pieces.
The forum section is where you can find premade shops, custom commissions, auctions, off-topic topics, and more!

The best way to post your commissions is by creating a forum under the Premades and Commissions section.

You will be able to customize your topic to your liking!  You will be able to add custom tables, banners, text, and more!
You can find answers to some of your questions using Art Haven's Wiki

In our wiki, a few topics you will be able to find are:

- [Google Docs] How to make a table!
This will guide you on how to make a custom table for your shop.

Shops 101: How to Make a Successful Shop
This will guide you on how to best set up your shop!

You might also be able to find an answer to a question you have under the Help & Feedback section of Art Haven.

If you have a question that you cannot seem to find any answers to, please do not hesitate to contact support.

12 hours ago, Chet said:

Hi there!  Welcome to Art Haven, we're happy to have you here!  Art Haven can be overwhelming at first; with all of its topics and different buttons. 

Are there any site-specific etiquettes I should know about?

Yes, there is!  One important one I'd quickly like to go over is: Explicit Content
Users 18 and older have access to content that is known as "Mature Content".  Mature content is content that might be sensitive to some users or is otherwise unsuitable for general audiences or workplace environments.

We offer filters for this content - meaning only users who have "Mature Content" on VIA account settings will be the only users able to view it.

Mature content might include:

Reveal hidden contents

-Nudity or sexually explicit content

-Full or partial nudity

-Gratuitous or explicit display of breasts, buttocks, and sexual organs intended to stimulate erotic feelings

-Sexually themed content or depiction of any sexual activity, explicit or implied

-Provocative, inflammatory, unsettling, or suggestive content

-Sexually explicit language, gestures, or expressions

-Provocative scantily clothed men or women

-Discussions about sexual experiences or fetishes

-Non-sexually explicit content that makes an average person squeamish or disgusted (ex: excessive gore, body mutilations

Examples of nudity or sexually explicit content:
See-through clothing, bondage/bdsm themes, use of toys and other sexual objects, exposed or clearly defined genitalia, some images of exposed or clearly defined female nipples/areolas, exposed butts in thong underwear or lingerie, semen, ahegao, linking to sexually explicit content.

We ask that any content that may fall under these categories gets filtered by marking it as "Mature Content".

You will be able to better familiarize yourself with more website etiquette by taking a closer look at our Community Guidelines.

Are there optimal ways to post my art and commissions?

As you might have seen, we have a Gallery section as well as a Forum section.
The Gallery is used for promotion:  You can promote your shop, website, or art in general.  The gallery isn't used for selling premade pieces.
The forum section is where you can find premade shops, custom commissions, auctions, off-topic topics, and more!

The best way to post your commissions is by creating a forum under the Premades and Commissions section.

You will be able to customize your topic to your liking!  You will be able to add custom tables, banners, text, and more!
You can find answers to some of your questions using Art Haven's Wiki

In our wiki, a few topics you will be able to find are:

- [Google Docs] How to make a table!
This will guide you on how to make a custom table for your shop.

Shops 101: How to Make a Successful Shop
This will guide you on how to best set up your shop!

You might also be able to find an answer to a question you have under the Help & Feedback section of Art Haven.

If you have a question that you cannot seem to find any answers to, please do not hesitate to contact support.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1