• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Accent Challenge

Alex

Title says it all.

Answer the following questions below and show off that beautiful accent of yours

If you say/pronounce words in a different language, include that as well!

:bfthumbsup:

For recording your voice:

https://vocaroo.com/

Challenge 1

(Default)

Questions:

• Your name and username.
  • Where you’re from.
  • Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, GASR, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, Meme.
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
  • Choose a book and read a passage from it.
  • Do you think you have an accent?
  • Be a wizard or a vampire?
  • Pronounce these extra words (requested by Mattie): Casa, baguette, krankenhaus, briedis
  • End audio post by saying any three words you want in English and any other language(s) you know!

Challenge 2

(Mixed, a bit harder)

Questions:

• Create an intro and what is your role? (artist, Lurker, Obsessed art fanatic, Stalker, etc)
  • Pronounce the following words: Crumpet, Velo, Prullenbak, Dutske, Xin Zhao, Menininkas, Pontianak, Garrafa, Menas, Anata, Negeren,  quatre vingt dix, Ngon, Batas, papillon, Bleiten, Shitsumon, Boke, Tu zi, Brolly, Schmetterling, Qun zi,  Innit,  Fille, Haburashi, Thangachi, Kasa (傘), Umarmung, Payung, Oltre, Travieso, Sjuksköterska.
  • Can you guess 5 words of which country they belong?
  • Describe your favorite animal in your mother-tongue.
  • What is your favorite national snack? (sweets, candy cookies, etc.)
  • Which language(s) are you interested to learn?
  • Choose one (minimum) of the tongue twisters to try: (you can choose your mother-tongue one)
    • English: Picky people pick Peter Pan Peanut-Butter, 'tis the peanut-butter picky people pick.
    • Dutch: Langs de koele kali liep een kale koeli met een kilo kali op zijn kale koeli-kop.
    • German: Bierbrauer Bauer braut braunes Bier, braunes Bier braut Bierbrauer Bauer.
    • Chinese: 吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮,

不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮

(chī pútáo bù tǔ pútáo pí
      bù chī pútáo dào tǔ pútáo pí.)

• French: Pauvre petit pêcheur, prend patience pour pouvoir prendre plusieurs petits poissons.

• Norwegian: Du ska ikkje kalle Kalle for Kalle, selv om moren til Kalle kallar Kalle for Kalle, ska'kje du kalle Kalle for Kalle, for Kalle hetar egentlig Karl.

• Spanish: Paco Pino Ponte Pascual Pérez pinta pinturas preciosas para personas pudientes.
      Para pobres pinta poco porque pagan poco precio.

• Italian: Il cuoco cuoce in cucina e dice che la cuoca giace e tace perchè sua cugina non dica che le piace cuocere in cucina col cuoco.

• Japanese: Sumomo mo momo, momo mo momo, sumomo mo momo mo momo no uchi.

• Portuguese: O peito do pé de Pedro é preto. Quem disser que o peito do pé de Pedro é preto, tem o peito do pé mais preto do que o peito do pé de Pedro.

• Have you ever been to other countries?
  • Which was the hardest part of the questions?
  • Bid farewell as to finish it off.

AND GO!

https://vocaroo.com/i/s01Bw7pI2xvD

oh bonus bc i forgot a queso: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1E8qLXo5H2a

extra bonus with foreign words: https://vocaroo.com/i/s1gb8loRYoqL

DONT JUDGE MY TINY LIL OL VOICE

:bfcry:

i sound out of breath bc its early in the morning and i got sniffles yo

+++ i edited out some words so my recording is gonna be diff words just dont wanna record again lmaoaoao

+++++ I SAID ALUMINUM AND ITS ALUMIUM AHHHH

Archived