• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Tattoo appreciation :3

Mojito

Since my tattoos are a bit awkward to take a picture of Ill just describe them. I have a moon on my left hand, simple linework no color place between the base of my thumb and base of my pointer finger. In the same spot but on my right is a sun that's a bit faded is a sun again simple linework. I do want to get many more I'll probably look like Jeffree Star by the time I'm done with tattoos.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Bipolar Disorder, once during a manic episode I did my own tattoo at home. It's ugly, its crooked, its just a disaster basically. Its a smiley on my arm.

I don't believe in regrets so I've come like it - nothing much I can do.

Spoiler

788fb21b123f4f225b05bc99db19a35f.png

It's just a constant reminder that its okay to be different. 

My first and only tattoo I have so far.  It was kinda a spur-of-the-moment decision, but I don't regret it. 

I wanted something that I could relate to, and I think I achieved that with this Fu Dog. 

I've always been told that I look "mean" or "intimidating", but after getting to know me, I'm a sweetheart. 

People always mistake my Fu Dog for an Oni (Chinese demon, or evil spirit), and they are quite literally polar opposites. 

Even if Fu Dogs look scary, or evil, they actually defend the temples, and watch over children in Chinese lore. 

21765193_1849590168390121_6024288965163259306_n.jpg.ee431b0de32aee0f663a5d55c468625d.jpg

Let's see if I can explain all these.. I'll just go in order of which I got them..

'love' - this was a diy tattoo when I was 15 and still really close to my heart. After a really shitty four years of self loathing, I finally had a small part of my body that I totally adored. 

Rewind/Pause ext. - I got this piece after I staying in DC for a few months. Music has always been a saving grace for me. I was in choir for most of my school life. I thought it was simple and fitting.

Single line art wolf - Before I got married, I wanted a reminder of my last name; "Wolf." Honestly, that name felt like a huge part of who I was. Being in AFJROTC in high school and having a Marine for a grandfather, everyone called me by my last name and so many people have complimented me on it. I couldn't let it go so easily.

'Beautiful/Disaster' - When you read it from the outside it says disaster, because my family and friends see me as beautiful so when I screw up/break down they forget I can be a disaster. I constantly forget to think of myself as beautiful, hence why its the side that faces me.

1 Roman Numeral - Sibling tattoo with this younger brother. It was his first tattoo and he was so nervous. We use to hate each other and now he's such a big part of my life.

Spoiler

IMG_20180426_164409.jpg.05e9b8b9058cd6a76279ad19cbc1fb54.jpg

Archived