• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Foxity

1 hour ago, Contingent said:

The Pizza was amazing. Oh and I tried one of those hot dogs from the stands.

OMG me to! Dude tried to scam us though, we were waiting in line and were taking pictures. The guy saw that then charged us $17 for two hotdogs! Do you remember if that's how much yours was?

1 hour ago, Contingent said:

I guess that it was exactly as I thought it was.

What did you think it was going to be like :blush:

1 minute ago, Beu said:

What did you think it was going to be like :blush:

Well, most people say it's scary and not safe, and has a lot of dangerous things at night, or mean people in general. And it wasn't that at all, at least not for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. ❤️ 

And as for the hot dog, my friend paid for it, and I paid her. So, I don't know, sorry.

40 minutes ago, dork said:

in Oregon and Washington it’s so much greener and lush 

oooo I know what you mean! Driving through Pennsylvania was beautiful. There were a lot of hills and they were covered in green. It looked stunning in the morning with the morning fog rolling off the hills ❤️

42 minutes ago, dork said:

snails and a turtle :,]

:d8: turtle soup?

43 minutes ago, dork said:

Suitcase being too heavy at the airport idek LOL

LMAO even with the wheels?

24 minutes ago, Fawna said:

Was also able to visit Scotland for half a week to see Castles this past December while visiting England

ooooo I would love to see those! I've been jealous since I know a few people that have gone and loved it. Are they as awesome as I imagine them to be?

26 minutes ago, Fawna said:

Baked Beans on Toast. Would've never thought of it had it not been for my beloved mans.

26 minutes ago, Fawna said:

2 week long Medieval Fair called Pennsic. I was helping a friend pull cargo because he's a clothing merchant every year. This place is also where I met my hubby to be! He was helping out an armory :bgoodjob:

I have got to try that! I don't mind baked beans never tried it on toast lol aww you guys must have quite a bit in common then yes?

35 minutes ago, Beu said:

oooo I know what you mean! Driving through Pennsylvania was beautiful. There were a lot of hills and they were covered in green. It looked stunning in the morning with the morning fog rolling off the hills ❤️

:d8: turtle soup?

LMAO even with the wheels?

Yeah it’s really nice I’ve never seen so much nature idek LOL I’m used to living in the city so I don’t see a lot of trees and hills

Yep! Feelsbadmannn

Yeahhh and we ended up having to take a bunch of our stuff out when they weighed it :woahpunch:

48 minutes ago, Beu said:

LOL Florida, the backwater melting pot of the states. Do you like living there? 

DONT DO IT ITS A TRAP. It looks pretty and is actually quite fun to play in, but after the first week you end up thinking when will this crap go away :lazetears:

Same b same. We have a natural state park close by that my dog and I know by heart. We love hiking it together! I just love the tranquility of the forest :blush:

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE EATING ANIMALS FEET. Does it taste good?

No thank you for the novel! I love reading about the adventures people have been on :kcheeks:

I absolutely hate living in Florida but I guess it's because I live in the city or because the only seasons we get here are Warm, Hot, Crispy and Woah Dang! It can be cool visiting the Everglades and going on airboat rides but the mosquitos are terrible! I also like how common it is to see alligators just lounging in the middle of the road in some areas but, for the most part, I hate Florida.

For snow, I can imagine it would get boring after a while and I'm usually the first one to catch a cold. When I do, it usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. 🤧

I've only had the animals' feet out of curiosity. It was okay. I wouldn't eat it often, though. Out of all of the ones I've tried the pig's feet were my favorite.

I envy you for living near a state park. I don't have any near me that I know of. The closest thing to a start park that I have is the garden section in Home Depot.

Aw. Thanks. I do have a tendency to ramble at times, though.

What countries have you traveled to? If you live in the United States, what states?
I currently live in Louisiana, I've been to Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, California, and New York.

What was your biggest experience of “culture shock” in another country/state?
Honestly, it was New York it was my first time going there,-it was so busy there in the city, and I was really intimidated, plus lots of traffic.

What were the locals like that you met?
All that I've met, have been really sweet, and very helpful.

What was the strangest/best thing you ate?
In Alabama, I tried calamari, and fried octopus, I really didn't like any of it, picky person right here.

What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you while traveling?
I lost my luggage once at an airport, and getting completely lost in New York with a friend.

Have you ever traveled by yourself? What was your experience? 
All my times of traveling it has been alone, and with friends/family.

Where in the world would you love to live most? Why?
Korea, or California, such a match-up, but I love both of these places, it would be hard to choose.

How does your home country/state compare to the place you would love to live? 
Here where I live it's quiet in my area, besides when you go to the city or downtown, compared to traveling being in the middle of everything is quite a nice change.

13 hours ago, Viatrix said:

I currently live in Louisiana

Ohh that's cool! Now I wonder, do you have a southern accent? If you do, did you think people up north talk funny?  (I'm from Wisconsin- don't cha know 😉)

What countries have you traveled to? If you live in the United States, what states?

Traveled to England & Somalia. But live in UT

I've lived in America most of my life, so when I visited Somalia (Somali Land)  for the first time it was odd. But a good experience met my grandmother for the first time. Lol

The locals (in somalia)  were nice, the woman especially when my mom wanted to stay with my grandmother for a whole afternoon to chat a few aunties took me around to their shops. (they might have just been trying to get me to  buy stuff but that's besides the point (right?) xD

I never ate goat, even when my mom made it at home I would say no but in Somalia I gave it a shot. They added different spices to it and it tasted Ok it wasn't terrible. Lol that's the only thing I was adventurous about I don't like trying weird things. xD

Random woman told me my mom wanted me to meet her somewhere else and that she would take me there. I watched too many crime shows and I didn't recognize her so I said I was going to tell this lady I got to know that I was leaving then hid inside her store.

Have you ever traveled by yourself? What was your experience? (or would you)

I haven't traveled alone but I really want to, I'd like to visit China and meet my Pen Pal

Faroe islands, it's looks very beautiful and relaxing I would love to live there

How does your home country/state compare to the place you would love to live? Insert other media

I live in Utah it does not compare at all, unless you're mormon and love that seriously only thing Utah is known for is skiing/snowboarding and the mormons.

• 4 weeks later...

What countries have you traveled to? If you live in the United States, what states? 

I've never left Australia

never had culture shock

nice

i've eating stingray before

when i was on a seesaw it flung up and nocked all my teeth out

Have you ever traveled by yourself? What was your experience? (or would you)

i'd love to go to japan by myself

japan because i love Japanese food and its so beautiful over there

Australia is so hot very different food to Japan and i think japan is alot prettier

• 2 months later...

I went on a cruise to the Bahamas but it was only for a few hours. The beaches were beautiful. Everybody was friendly. The food was great. There was a buffet and I made sure to try as much as I could. I don't even remember what I ate but it was awesome. It's more laid back there than where I live. I think I  would like to move to Washington or Oregon because it just seems so much quieter and they're on the coast. I get claustrophobic in large city settings and want to be by the ocean/woodsy areas. I haven't traveled by myself but would like to travel the world. Kind of sounds cliché but meh.

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

NO different countries. States = NYC

No "Culture Shock"

there are similar people in Ohio just more outspoken and more rude LMAO. 

Best thing I ate is whatever is the best.  

The worst thing is while traveling, uhh idk weird ass disagreements

nope

I'd live in Costa Rica bc sea turtles

There are no sea turtles in Ohio, sadly

Pretty much everywhere in UK, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Norway, Sweden, China, Romania,  Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Australia, Canada, USA (Washington, Maine, New York, Florida, California, Nevada, Hawaii), Mexico, Cuba, Haiti

When I went to Haiti it was on a trip to provide aid and build up a few houses and shelters after the 2010 earthquake. The biggest "culture shock" to me was how much joy and happiness and sense of contentedness and community everyone there had in comparison to what I've seen where I'm from.

What were the locals like that you met? In warm climates (Mexico, Cuba, Haiti) people tend to be a lot warmer and less reluctant to open up. They're quite a lot more accepting and welcoming. In colder climates people are quite a bit more conservative and guarded. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but it's interesting. Southern European and Asian countries are very rich with culture. Thing is though, everywhere I go, there are different types of people all over the place so I always find it difficult to really pin it down.

Grasshoppers in Thailand. The outside is crunchy, when you bite into it the juices squirt into your mouth.

I got mugged when I was in Cuba.

I've generally always travel by myself, about 90% of the time. Sometimes I go with my mates.

Edinburgh. It has everything from history, to ocean, to hills, to city. 

I live near London, and its very densely cramped and populated. Quite congested, really. Edinburgh is very open and surrounded by nature despite being a central city. 

What countries have you traveled to? If you live in the United States, what states?

I'm from Slovenia, beautiful and small country in the European union. I have never traveled outside of Europe, but I visited Austria, Italy, Hungary, Germany, Croatia several times and lived in Czech Republic for 5 months (ohhh the joy 😭) and probably visited some other countries I can't remember right now xD. 

It was probably my Erasmus. I meet people from different countries, with different culture. It took me some time to adapt, because our country does not give you that feel. 

Some were nice, others really disrespectful, rude, very helpful... All kinds of people, not usually stereotipes. 

Gulaš in Czech Republic was best and strange at once. 

What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you while traveling?

I got a really bad accommodation in the dormitory with everything falling apart and I couldn't communicate with people when I got lost, because they did knew English

I was, and all the time the experience was good even though I was always so scared. 

Germany, Austria or Switzerland if my boyfriend ever decides to go back to his home town. I'm also open for other options :D

Slovenia is beautiful in general, but I feel like I'm too isolated here and wanna go see the world and live in other country for longer, with better economy and options for young adults.

Photos of beautiful Prague ❤️

IMG_20180608_151850.jpg.6e3ccbcb608ed2b1768cea06d5d034ad.jpg

IMG_20180615_211826.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My parents are from Jamaica so I have visited so many times. I was born in NY but I have moved every 2 1/2 years of my life so: Pennsylvania, Georgia, Connecticut, Florida [and several cities in between]

The people in Connecticut are weird to me, very nice [but that obvious fake 'hospitality' nice.] Also, in Georgia wherever I go kids and adults will wave or nod in my direction and it's so w e i rd, my friends say it's just a 'polite' thing but I still haven't gotten used to it. [Also people DO NOT lock their doors??????]

Connecticut - weird nice

Pennsylvania - Not that out of the ordinary

Georgia- see Connecticut

New York- I don't think I can answer this correctly since I'm from there. 

Thick breakfast biscuits with honey [really good]

I don't think I've eaten anything I would consider strange.

My mom was driving us from Florida to Georgia and she was really tired and we ended up crashing into a ditch off the highway. On the bright side, this trucker stopped and drove us to the hospital [we were fine] while our car [which was surprisingly also fine] got towed with us.

When I was ten, I traveled alone with my sister [8] to Jamaica to visit my father. There are these whole different rules when you're a minor flying alone, so we had to have a airplane person supervise us the whole ride. It was cool tho, I felt like an adult.

I can't decide yet, I want to live out the country but I need to visit more places.

Food is so much better and diverse in NY, in Georgia it's hard to find authentic [insert place] food without researching for that one little corner shop that sells good ox tail. Also public transportation is way more prevalent, the drives in Georgia are 20+ just to go my grocery store and the bus stops cycling after 6pm. [If I lived in Atl I guess it would be different]

• 3 weeks later...

The countries I've traveled to was Vietnam. It was the only and last I've gone to when I was little-- 2 yrs old? In the United States, I've been to Philadelphia, Pennslyvania; NewYork; California. Washington D.C.

If I do remember clearly... in Vietnam it did feel like a low-class country than it does in the U.S. However, my family and I did go out int he cities where we would go out late at night, which turn to be fun and in the country, it is bigger with more motorcycles and cars. There were always a lot of street foods too. Also, it was so hot. In the States, California has a nice morning weather, which was cool, but I get allergies haha. New York was small and same as Philadelphia. Washington D.C was something I got interest in and shock about because the president lives there.

Vietnam - Noisy (bc of the streets)

Philadelphia - small ; decent

New York- small ; decent

California; interesting

Washington D.C. ; locals

Vietnam- I always eat traditional foods so, not much a difference.

New York- idk

Philadelphia- Philly cheesesteak

Washington D.C. ; their crawfish is so good.

California- their Vietnamese food seems similar and different than what I had.

Missed our flight, bc idk what they did to my dad luggage.

No, I never travel alone. I would like to travel on my own one day.

I'd be in New York probably bc they have nice varieties of things, but I rather stay in my own hometown.

My hometown is mostly hot during the time being. 

As far as traveling outside the US I've been to Barbados & Canada! Within the US I've been to New York, Maine, Mass and Vermont.

In Barbados they have their own version of Mcdonalds called Cheffete. Not much of a culture shock but I found it really interesting!

In Barbados everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming!

Best / Strangest thing I had in Barbados was a fruit known as Aki's. Basically the best tree fruit out there!!

Worst thing that's happend to me was having to drive for 2 hours in Barbados Soaking wet ( Got thrown in the ocean, didn't have a swimsuit on, Must I go on? ) 

I have never traveled by myself...but I would like to someday! 

I would love to live in Ireland, It's just such a beautifully rural place with beautiful scenery I'd always imagined myself living in a cute little cottage on the country side of Ireland 

It couldn't compare even if it wanted to lol. 

Some pictures from my trip to Barbados!d4y13ou-95ecf890-8cee-43a5-a351-0a90f33a

H7kJcfY.jpg

Guest teddybearsouls

What countries have you traveled to? If you live in the United States, what states? I've never left the United States. I was born in Pennsylvania, have lived in Virginia, and now live in Massachusetts. I've traveled only along the East Coast of America, visiting states such as Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida.

What was your biggest experience of “culture shock” in another country/state? People really just seem to wear and say whatever they want in New York.

What were the locals like that you met? After looking at the states I've visited, it seems that I think of locals from nearly all of those states as scary. Especially New Yorkers. Then again, I think people from Massachusetts are scary as well. I think I'm just afraid of people.

What was the strangest/best thing you ate? I'm a picky eater, so I don't usually try different foods while visiting other states. Everything I eat is what I'd eat normally.

What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you while traveling? This was actually the aftermath of traveling, so we experienced it once we returned. After returning from a particularly long vacation, we found our house became infested with fleas.

Have you ever traveled by yourself? What was your experience?(or would you) I haven't traveled by myself, and I think I'd be too frightened to travel alone. So, I would not. It also wouldn't be very fun to travel without others, I think.

Where in the world would you love to live most? Why? I've always wanted to live in, or at least visit, Paris. It's always been a dream of mine since I was a kid. It just seems very nice, fancy, and pretty.

How does your home country/state compare to the place you would love to live? Honestly, despite Paris being my childhood dream, I don't know much about how different France is from the United States.

Archived