• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

post some quotes

Yimu

“In the end, people will not be judged by the darkness they lived in, but by the light they rejected.”  

Anthony Liccione 

“Only tears can hear the sound of pain 
when warm blood reddens discolored stain.” 
Munia Khan 

“The final aim of any temptation is to bring a person back into the kingdom of darkness.” 
Sunday Adelaja 

"Love yourself enough to set boundaries.
Your time and energy are precious.
You get to choose how you use it.
You teach people how to treat you by
deciding what you will and won't accept."

- Anna Taylor

:blove:

"We just got to accept that some people can only be in our hearts, not in our lives."

― Kathy B. 

"We are products of our past but we don’t have to be prisoners of it."

— Rick Warren 

"Never ignore your first instinct just because it isn’t what you want to believe. "

— William Chapman

"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms."

— Zen Shin

"You left me in ruins, but not ruined." 

— Sylvia Plath, Belle Jar

"I believe in growth, the kind that hurts and the kind that heals.  "

— Alexandra Elle

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's life."
                                                                                                                                 -Godo, Berserk

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key tolife. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

~ John Lennon

"Forget what hurt you but don't forget what it taught you"

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. Then somehow know what you truly want to become." ~Steve Jobs

An object needn't be large to have great mass. 
That girl, as tiny as a violet. That girl, drifting in the sky like the petals of a flower, draws me to her with a force greater than the one exerted by the Earth.

In a single moment, I fell and rolled toward her without a rhyme or reason, just as Newton's apple did.

With a thump, with a thump-thump.. My heart bounced from the heavens to the Earth in a dizzying pendular motion.
Such was the moment I'd first fallen in love..

― Goblin

Now the sunsets are like cranberry sauce
poured over the yellow hills, and yes,
that beauty is so strong it hurts —

it hurts because it isn’t personal. " 

Tony Hoagland from "Man Carrying Sofa,” What Narcissism Means to Me

Anime quotes I keep in my heart + live by...they inspire me daily :bfcry:

tumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.giftumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.giftumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.gif

"People aren't just comprised of a single color, but with many different ones. What our true colors are, what our own colors are, we don't know.
Progress colorfully and continue to live colorfully and your true colors will begin to paint a picture." -Colorful (movie)

"I closed my eyes and deeply thought about the story of the tourist, deeply thinking about that story of how many times he was lied to and when he had only his head left, he still thankfully cried. And then, I understood it. Ahh, that's "love", isn't it? Am I right? Loss... All sorts of pain... The tourist never thought of himself." -Momiji Sohma (Fruits Basket)

“Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path." -Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite." Okabe Rintarou (Steins Gate)

tumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.giftumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.giftumblr_inline_mg6322dXCW1qdlkyg.gif

"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers." -Pulp Fiction/ Ezekiel 25:17

Boys will be boys, that's what people say. No one ever mentions how girls have to be something other than themselves altogether. We are to stifle the same feelings that boys are encouraged to display. We are to use gossip as a means of policing ourselves -- this way those who do succumb to sex but are not damaged by it are damaged instead by peer malice. Girls demand a covenant because if one gives in, others will be expected to do the same. We are to remain united in cruelty, ignorance, and aversion. Or we are to starve the flesh from our bones, penalizing the body for its nature, castigating ourselves for advances we are powerless to prevent. We are to make false promises then resist the attentions solicited. Basically we are to become expert liars.

Hilary Thayer Hamann, Anthropology of an American Girl

Archived