• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

What programs/tablets do you use?

LinasTired

I bought my first pentab from Huion (Huion 950p) last January. 

I tried using SAI and Krita but right now I'm sticking to Photosop CS6 since I find it more comfortable and easier to use for my style(s).

Huion is cheaper than wacom but definitely okay as a pentab especially for beginners like me.

:hwdance:

• 2 weeks later...

I use Paint Tool Sai and a Wacom Bamboo Splash tablet, however I just received and iPad and iPencil for my birthday and will be experimenting with that a little by pairing it to Duet Display so I can try it out as a drawing tablet for my computer. Will let ya'll know how it goes :llcool:

UPDATE: I like it xD

For programs, I tend to prefer using Sai for lineart and sketch work, while I like to use photoshop cs5 for colouring, shading and animation work

With tablets, I use my trusty Wacom intuos, it gets the job done :iperfect:

I miss using Sai so much, it was easier for me to blend with the marker and watercolor brushes and how easy was to make a brush with specific settings. 

Using a wacom cintiq I bought secondhand on letgo and photoshop cc ever since the switch to mac.

i use clip studio paint for my drawing needs,
but i always tweak a lil on photofiltre 

i just got a xp-pen s10 i believe, it's pretty good for a rly cheap graphic tablet
the cursors always a lil off but it gets the job done lol

Guest teddybearsouls

My drawing tablet is an Intuos Draw, the cheapest and smallest of Wacom's tablets I would guess. Occasionally the pen pressure glitches a bit, but it's a quick and not inconvenient fix.

I use FireAlpaca as my drawing program, it works very well for me, although I'm sure I could achieve more with it (animation, for example) after doing some more experimentation. My only complaint about it is that there is an extremely limited font selection for the text application. It would be better to add text from a separate program or app, or handwrite it on the drawing.

For pixel art, I use the app Dotpict, and my iPad as the tablet. I cannot much imagine a better combination with which to make pixel art.

I use ProCreate on the iPad, then do final touches on PhotoShop on my laptop. 

I used to have the Wacom Tablet, medium & used photoshop, Gimp, SAI, and FireAlpaca, but honestly, one time using the iPad with ProCreate I sold my Wacom, and haven't regretted it since. My art style has improved a lot with it too. Plus I can use the iPad for my school notes too, so way more useful to me than the Wacom. 

:psmile:

Archived