• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

What programs/tablets do you use?

LinasTired

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, xMurderStarx said:

The programs I use are:

Clip Studio Paint Pro (I love this program way too much)

Photoshop CS6 (I rarely use it tbh)

I use a very old pen tablet I got as a gift from a high school art teacher

Wacom Bamboo MTE-450a

Image result for wacom bamboo mte-450a

I haven't seen this tablet in so long & tbh I stopped using photoshop too

I tried clip studio & i'd stick with that if I were you xD

i use a intuos wacom pro small though i used to use a huion gt-190 but the pen wanted to mess up so i went back to wacom

and i use photoshop but i use sai for some things like sketching etc  

Guest Sublime

Alright, so I’m actually trying to figure out what program I want to use on my pc..lol

I’ve used photoshop, gimp, paint tool sai, and Krita. I have to say Krita is probably my favorite of them all. I’m just in love with it’s brush system. However it’s not very well optimized so when I try working on large canvas sizes, A3 for example, the brush strokes lag terribly. I still have the old photoshop CS version that you get for free but I really only use it to add text / animate. Using photoshop to draw just feels too mechanical.

For the most part these days I’m using my IPad Pro and procreate and I absolutely love it! I do have a small Wacom intuos but drawing directly on my iPad screen has spoiled me. I probably won’t do much drawing on my pc until I can afford a cintiq now 😂

i use an iPad Pro 12.9in as my tablet

i do have an Intuos Pro Special Edition that i used to use but i sadly broke the pen and never wanted to cough up the $60 to replacement it lol......

so hard to do animation without it though 😞
the app i use on my iPad is Procreate, but i also want to try Artstudio Pro because i heard it runs better than Procreate :bfwhateverrr:

for animation i use procreate and do each layer then animate it in photoshop cc 

Guest Sublime

@gby what issues have you had with procreate out of curiosity? 😮 I haven’t had any myself so I’ve not looked into other programs for my iPad 

I use FireAlpaca primarily. I used to use Sketchbook Pro 6 and SAI, but I lost my copy of both of those.

Today I recovered SAI though, so I may get back into it, who knows. I have GIMP on my computer, but imo it's so fucking overwhelming I close it before I even create anything, lol.

I recently discovered Krita, and based on what I've heard about Krita not agreeing with newer tech, I'm in the clear because my laptop is a potato, lol.

I draw on a Huion 640p. Cheap, but extremely efficient and totally blows my Intuos Pen and Touch out of the water. (Did I mention it's only $50...)

61ukH6eJqrL._SX425_.jpg.71cf47e43b646d8c8caf90afca758749.jpg

Currently use wacom intuos pro medium even thought i hate hand eye co-ordination .

Using Sai as of right now because my photoshop seems to lag when i use my tablet?? no clue. Pen pressure messes up too, anyone else have this? :psobbing:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived