• Join Art Haven

Hey there, it looks like you're browsing Art Haven as a guest. If you're enjoying the content our members are creating, please consider signing up for an account to unlock full access to all of our features.  It's quick, easy, completely free, and you'll be supporting the growth of our community and its creators!

We can't wait to meet you.

:pblushing:

Anime/Manga Chat

Vex

6 hours ago, Koju said:

I haven't watched too much anime lately but the one I did see was Kakegurui and it's my jam. Can't wait til the next season.

UH. Kakegurui is so good, I got my friend to watch it and she loooved it. I also cannot wait for the next season

hmm I don’t watch any anime and my internet friends kinda hate me for it so like what are some good anime shows to watch or should i just look through this thread and watch :imath:

Sailor moon will always and forever be my favourite, though I don't know whether I prefer the original or Crystals. The original had alot more filler episodes but it was my childhood, though I liked the fact that Crystals followed the manga very closely. Let's just say I adore them both. Also Deathnote is one of my favourites but netflix killed the live action adaption, at least in my opinion T.T

On 2/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, Demon said:

UH. Kakegurui is so good, I got my friend to watch it and she loooved it. I also cannot wait for the next season

it really is omg !! i finished it in one sitting ; - ;.. i've always loved crazy characters so that was like A++ image

It's not anime
but it is anime?
Kimi no na wa has slowly crept into my heart.
I've watched it 3 times now. I hadn't decided quite yet if I'm addicted or not.
I just  might be.

On another note, I started watching Inuyasha again.
Never knew hulu was lit in the anime section. 

Well, if any of you have time, an anime I recommend to watch is Made in Abyss, it's absolutely wonderful. It starts off happy-go-lucky, but later on takes a sharp turn and becomes super dark.

@Sith Death Parade was so good.

Actually with all the conventions I work. I am surprised that it really isn't that popular. :c 

However, if you all want something very cute, and very funny, I suggest :: How to Keep a Mummy

@Velxie It is a shame! I'd like it to pick up a greater following. The themes it explored in a very tasteful and artistic way was beautiful and honestly just thoughtfully done. 

I think needless to say if you've enjoyed such series (like me) as Ergo Proxy and Witch Hunter Robin, you'd probably greatly enjoy this too.  

Actually while we're at it..

Top 5:? Maybe?
 In no particular order

Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo 
Rourouni Kenshin X (or whatever the OVA's were, I did not like the regular anime at all)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (though the original will have a special placeholder in my heart)

Yuri On Ice. (WHERE THE FEK IS MY SECOND SEASON)

Anyone here as obsessed with Junji Ito as I am?

There's an anime adaption called the Junji Ito Collection (haha iknowright?) and I adore it. 

Gyo sits on my bookshelf and I re-read Uzumaki and Tomie at least once a year.  

While I am so glad that his work has an adaption now, I can't help but feel rather disappointed in it.

Many of the stories that I love so much have been hacked short and left with little horror build up or anything to show the real eerieness to the stories they're portraying.

I do appreciate that they tried to make the animation similar to his artwork, though.

I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Archived